Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Again just after a massive terrorist attack by Arab males ...

Were they shot and killed??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Aye, the demographics and that? I take that with a pinch myself along with anything he says. He's not to be taking as gospel, these are his own theories and views, much like anyone else here.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 40,000 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Surprisingly no. It's usually how they deal with journalists who don't push the "right message".

You never answered my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭amandstu

As point of fact ,is it the case that the UN vote concerning the establishment of the 2 states was a recommendation rather than a mandate?

I have seen this stated and want to verify if it is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭amandstu

An ugly looking flag..and they are the Government of Gaza (one half of Palestine) having murdered their Fatah opponents wholesale in recent times

• Advertisement

Well they are still alive and nothing untoward happened to them , other than be stopped by the Israeli authorities just after a massive terrorist attack.

Very lucky that they didn't end up as a statistic of a massive terror attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Why have the Palestinian people in Gaza allowed Hamas to take control of their cause and be their main representative on the world stage, there doesn't appear to be much of a push against them from within the Palestinian movement over the past 20 years or so.If you let a terrorist organisation be your main representation then you're unfortunately asking for trouble.The cause of the nationalists in the north was represented in the main by SDLP and the Irish government not by the provo's who were part of the conflict but not the entirety of it.

I feel sorry for the Palestinian people as it appears they've been screwed over by their own representatives over the years and their fellow Arabs but it appears they themselves should have pushed back more forcibly against Hamas in the last 20 years or so and they haven't.Ordinary people have to hold their representatives to account and push back against them and it seems like the Palestinians in Gaza haven't done that.

Hopefully Israel eases off a bit now and has a more targetted very specific campaign against Hamas as it is depressing seeing the destruction that has happened over the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 muob

Is he POTUS only realising that now I would have thought that should have been his FIRST consideration when initially offering his IRONCLAD support of the ensuing 6000 + bombs directly onto civilian populations the displacement of 1Mn + Palestinians and the cutting off of water, power, food & essential supplies.

Absolutely DISGUSTING behaviour by so called "respectable" Governments of the West

Sunak 'We will support Israel, Always' BIDEN "Our IronClad Support of Israel " backing those despicable revengeful tactics by Netanyahu. They are the ones increasingly looking like the real MONSTERS in this unfolding human tragedy - not the terrorists. We shall see how swiftly they turn round now when public opinion becomes more and more horrified by this tragedy with Innocent civilians being injured maimed made homeless, terrified, traumatised & nowhere to escape to .....Too late then we have all seen them for the spineless immoral disgusting humans you are SHAME ON YOU GUYS BIDEN SUNAK IDF killing innocent babies children women families hospital workers aid workers starving 000's 😢 😞 😕 💔 😑 No one in power in EU UK USA the gumption to stand up and say hold on this is totally unacceptable we will not lend one inch of support until all civilians are given safe zones inside and you switch that power water back on immediately!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Video boasting about dismantling a water pipeline worth €100 million and using the parts to make rockets.

Is it far fetched to think peace can be achieved if gaza eliminates hamas and uses the billions of foreign aid to strengthen social and economic development. Would isreal also support gaza economically under these circumstances. Isreal have been living peacefully alongside jordan ever since the 1994 peace threaty so I'm inclined you think yes. The land grab argument doesn't make sense either given the vast swathes of scrubland in that region of isreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,000 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

untoward happened to them

Ah no, just assaulted and a held at gun point.

Lucky they weren't executed I suppose.

I'll assume the answer to that question I asked so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

45% of Palestinians knew exactly who they were electing, it’s not like Hamas hid what they were about.

I feel sorry for the other 55%.

Touché re the barbaric animals

That's exactly how I would describe those inflicting the misery on Gaza at the moment and for the past 7 days & for many years before that ....War Criminals & ....

Barbaric Animals

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

It was a recommendation; I don't think the UN can mandate much of anything.

Remember that the UK wanted to end it's mandate in Palestine. Resolution 181 was its recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,387 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No that’s not what he’s saying. But good on you for proving how rabidly polarized people are that you can’t even acknowledge an Israeli war crime without assuming it’s a call to kill Jews. Shame on you. Give your head a wobble.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seamus4life

They align with their world views ;anti woman, anti gay, anti pork, anti alcohol, anti fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Like one could dissent against Hamas as a resident of Gaza, and survive. laugh.

Where is your evidence of this???

we have a long running dangers of the left thread this is the first you mentioning it involving USSR fundamentalists and Holocaust denial.

Not injured,not tortured and not butched in some unimaginable way .

They are alive and well today.

So whats your actual complaint?

There was a question

What the hell are you even talking about. Prove this?

Which wouldn’t have happened without illegal occupation of territories by Israel. And on and on.

• Advertisement

Regarding the explosion of the vehicle ...

YES I AM STILL MOST CERTAINLY BLAMING ISRAEL .....they are the ones forcing innocent civilians to flee along dangerous routes...

They are fully aware all routes out are now extremely hazardous, potentially with many booby traps, falling buildings etc but they are the ones ordering people to evacuate & within a inhumane 24 hour period.

THEY ARE ULTIMATELY TO BLAME its getting more & more obvious they do not care one iota for innocent Palestinians in this conflict. They want them gone and are using last Saturdays events as an excuse for the biggest atrocity & war crimes we have ever seen. They seem so horrified by the murders on their own people that they think they are justified responding with this MASSACRE & SLAUGHTER......Shame on you Israel & Shame on EU UK USA for any support

It’s 40 eyes for 1 eye if you’re Israel

”ten 9/11’s!”

@muob you forgot to to add the whole of the middle east who wants nothing to do with the latest # trend or the people of Gaza

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

Hamas we now know is an organization that has literally cut heads off babies, cut open pregnant woman and knifed the fetus, burned entire families alive including men, women and children and murdered parents in their homes and kidnapped their toddlers to use as hostages.

SF have platformed and tacitly endorsed this organization over the years. There's not a doubt about this. In 2020 Hamas representative joined a SF conference. Their legions of online trolls at every opportunity back Hamas.

Let me say this. Every single person who continues to give SF their vote after this is an absolute disgrace of a human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sinn Fein don't support Hamas. Why are you pretending that they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Why are you shouting?

‘They seem so horrified’ - those Israelis, so over emotional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

They also think absolute hellholes like Cuba and Venezuela are countries that have attributes worth aspiring to.

Hamas has a policy of directly targeting civilians, and has had it for quite some time. They are the definition of a terrorist organisation who are rightly sanctioned. It says a lot about anyone that would associate them.

You can support Palestinian causes and condemn Israeli oppression without lowering yourself to associate with them. It's not an exaggeration to equate them with ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Damien360

It's a strange collaboration.

More recently for me, I'm still on the fence for SF in an election as the local one is dreadful and not all that local to me.

But, on the day of the killings in Israel, Mary Lou changed her profile picture on twitter to a Palestinian flag. That smacks of trolling Israelis and was unacceptable. That is really pushing me away from SF as an election/government candidate.

I view Hamas as a off shoot of Isis. Western people and particularly anyone other than Muslim's need to understand that you are a stated enemy to Hamas and they would do to you what they did to Israeli's.

• Advertisement

Would Israel go back to its legally recognized borders or keep up illegal occupation?

Advertisement