Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

To help lighten the mood here 30% off Christmas decorations in woodies. Makes it go from super expensive to just very expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Really thought they were going to get a spectacular finish. It just wasn't to be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We're cursed. Am absolutely gutted.

Christmas chat can wait for a few days after that.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭BK5

Gutted absolutely gutted, stomach is still wrenching here.

I wanted to come on here and talk about the Christmas stuff we bought in the Range today but just can't get festive this evening, the draw for this World Cup has been a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Gutted, really really gutted. Had to put two kids to bed as they bawled their eyes out. 🥹

I meant to say earlier but the Range in Liffey Valley were putting out a ton of Christmas stuff earlier. Thankfully all the Halloween stuff is nearly gone. It was lovely to walk around all the decorations and hear some of them play some Christmas classics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Is there anything to be said for canceling Christmas altogether this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Absolutely not. At the end of the day it’s only a game.

Spend the morning looking at Dunnes christmas offerings online this morning they have some lovely stuff.

Freezing this morning. Getting festive now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭pigtail33

The roof tops out my way were all covered in frost this morning, definitely giving that festive feel.

Oh @Loughc I've been stalking the Dunnes website nearly every day, they're adding new stuff regularly. Some of it is really lovely.

Still gutted about the rugby. I don't think I'll have much interest in the remaining matches.

Just copped that by tomorrow we are already halfway through October! 😮

Heading down to the blanch sc now to start the Christmas shopping in earnest... the kids know what they want for a main gift so makes sense to plan out the spend.

It's a bit of a pick me up after the disappointment of last night.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

We’re into the 60’s in the countdown this week as well. Going way too quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

It is, the weeks are flying by for me seems to be weekend to weekend, then Christmas will come and go I'll it will feel like I missed it.

We were looking at the bits we have planned between now and Christmas and it's amazing how the weekends fill up. Think we have just 2 left with nothing pencilled in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭A cup of te

It was so Christmassy this morning with the frost! It's rare for me to be up early on a Sunday but I had to bring the nephew to see Paw Patrol. I'm hoping to have a look on Johnstown Garden Centre maybe next weekend now. Woodies had some stuff out yesterday but it was all cordoned off, they were keeping me out ;-) lovely tablemats and cups in Brand Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭A cup of te

Meant to say, guys, what's the deal with Tesco. They don't have the Malteaser reindeer and the Kit Kat Santa's out yet. They used to have an aisle dedicated to the Christmas stuff but they're short on space since they got in Holland and Barrett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It doesn't hurt any less

Ban sport that should do it

Not wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Went to the Range yesterday and despite having more tree decorations than half of the shops I came home with a dozen baubles. I reckon its an addiction 😊.

• Advertisement

Random fact of the day!

It hurts even more after the match tonight. Bloody hell!!!!

If I was French I'd be losing my sh*t that they didn't get a penalty just before the winning try. Shocker by the refereeing team.

Amazing game tonight though. Insane level of rugby being played by the top 4 teams, such a shame a terrible draw made 3 years ago means 2 of them miss out.

The Top 4 make it look like a different sport.

The top 4 play such fast paced attractive rugby it is so exciting to watch.

The ref called a South Africa penalty on the half way line for a steal by Smith and the replay clearly showed he didn't support his own weight so should have been a French penalty, can the TMO not call the ref out on this?

I think the first half of that game might just have been the greatest half of rugby ever played.

The only small consolation from that weekend of games is that I have NZ in the pool in work. A very small crumb of comfort.

Lovely morning again this morning. Nice crisp autumnal weather. Not as nice as yesterday though which was absolutely beautiful. Just two weeks and we have Halloween upon us. October is flying by. 🙈

Exactly.

Thought the officials gave the SA the rub of the green last night, some questionable decisions definitely went their way, O'Keefe (the ref) doesn't seem to like looking at rucks and ignores 99% of what's going on in them, he was the same in his group games & am surprised he's not been pulled up on it. Shame that such big games can be won/lost on the tiniest of margins.

One thing that definitely needs to be looked at soon is the scrum though. The cr*p calls really need to be sorted out, with many teams getting a push on & opponents allowing the pivot for a penalty knowing they're about to lose the scrum... its been going for on a couple of years at least at the top level and I'm amazed the TMO's dont get involved more often.

Anyway, enough Rugby, back to Christmas!!! 😀

Another Baltic dark morning this morning, Christmas is coming!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Morning all, hive of activity here this am! Lovely to see 😁 We had a nice weekend, rugby aside. Similar to @Heroditas, my 6 year old went to bed in his Ireland shirt, crying his eyes out. Hard lesson on the ecstasy and devastation of sport 😭

But we did book our Christmas experience so I'm delighted with life. We left it too late for Causey & to be honest, I didn't feel it was worth the money last year. The kids loved it, but I felt it was quite dear for what it was. Anyway, there were only slots left for 9pm at night which would be way too late for our crew so we booked Tayto Park. Same price as Causey but you also get your day ticket for the park. A friend went last year & said it was really good so hoping it'll be a good day out. We haven't been in Tayto Park since 2020 & the kids are always begging to go back.

We have the heating on in the office this morning for the first time since last winter! & I'm wearing a jumper which I definitely haven't done in months!

At least its dry though, rest of the week looks like being damp unfortunately.

• Advertisement

God I only checked the forecast there now, looks like much, only consolation is the temperature is set to rise with the rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Good morning all. Went to my usual beach this morning looking forward to a nice swim but sea was way too rough. Forecast not great either for the rest of the week so that's a bit disappointing. It's very autumnal alright 😀, I love it when the leaves are falling (and dry) - hopefully we don't get too much rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,852 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sixties Eve and half ways through October!

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

It’s freezing out there tonight. Proper winter weather.

Hope its warms up a bit up in the capital tomorrow

Going up for Arctic Monkeys in 3Arena

Don't want the full 4D experience 😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,852 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I too often get excited at a 69. It can’t come quick enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

Wait, what?

I had the in-laws arrived last night, airport run at 2am. They brought a bunch of Santa presents and Barry's tea.

Ah Barrys tea, I know its frowned upon for a true blue Dub to say so, but its my favourite!!

• Advertisement

You can't beat the Barry's! Which has also reminded me of their Christmas radio ad. I know some people don't like it here, but it's one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

Was a beautiful morning driving to work between sunrise and frost! I even put Mariah's finest on! :P

Got all my Santa shopping done over the weekend! :O Planned to spread it over few pay days but those Smyths offers pushed me! It is easy though when I still can basically tell wee monkeys what they're getting ha! Will start making a list of presents to get for other people and drinks/foods! :D I got two bottles of mulled wine in Lidl last day ;)

That the one with the train gift that lasts about 20 minutes?

We got the kids primary presents sorted on Sunday. Wasn't the plan but the young lad wanted a new TV for his room (he had an ancient hand me down there & likes to use it for gaming) and there was such a good deal on in Powercity we said sod it & picked it up. Likewise with my daughters main gift. So other than a few stocking fillers we're done on the main gifts. Extended family will be getting vouchers & wine/chocs etc this year, no time to go looking for personalised ones nowadays & we're not sure they even care anymore TBH, the nephews just want cash and the oldies are definitely not pushed either way.

Feels good to have that much boxed off at least.

• Advertisement
Advertisement