Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel-Gaza: 'We are at war', says Benjamin Netanyahu

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Could say the same about yourself.

(Knew Jewish people in my younger years.) Also know Muslim people now. All good people.

There's no winners out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

It's all a shitshow tbh. You can argue back and forth about what was the cause and when but through out history the majority of changes/events made it worse, like most parts of the world mainly British and European empire building followed by "superpowers" looking to gain influence made everything exponentially worse, and let countries in ****, Africa, the Middle East, India and Pakistan. Remember a good few years ago BBC doing a show on the conflict between India and Pakistan and never went back to the way they pulled out of the place and left it in ****.

What hamas done was wrong, the way Israel has handled the situation for the last 2 decades has more than likely led to an environment where such groups were gonna hold sway and grow. One of the most densely populated places on earth and life as difficult as can be there, anyone born into it is gonna grow up angry.

While wars over land or resources may come and go, when religions are involved they can become never ending and uncompromising.

Dunno how its gonna end up but it has also put the spotlight on the european commission and over stepping the mark with out members agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Acorn 737

Knocking Gaza to the ground isn't really going to make the slightest difference, ideals and the idea of a movement can't really be killed. Eventually I think a lot of people on both sides are going to decide it's simply not worth living under the constant stress and everyday fear, and move elsewhere, not all at once but over a period of at least ten to twenty years.

The name Palestine wasn't just dreamed up in 1948. If the world was to continue in this vein, perhaps England and Wales should be evacuated and given to the Irish due to their Celtic origins and Druidic historical sites, perhaps anyone with the name Fitzgerald or Fitz anyone should be rounded up and immediately deported to Normandy? Or maybe the entire population of the world has rights to the Rift Valley because that's where Homo Sapiens originated from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,936 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

A really interesting question to ask is what would happen if Hamas laid down it's arms and said it wound never attack Israel again and similar with Hezbollah.

On the other hand what would happen if Israel decided to completely demilitarize and had no army, airforce or Navy.

The Israeli's have been constantly attacked by the sorrounding Arab states since it came into existence. The rest of North Africa/western Asia has 20+ Arab states. Of them 20+ states there is no democracy, Israel is the only state that is a democratic state in all of that area. Ya 1-2 of the hold elections but if the results wrong it's overturned.

If Muslim fundamentalists gain power there is never another election held. It hilarious the way liberals in the western world support homophobic pedopihilie states who are anti democratic. You would not want to be non binary in any of those states.

If you were to have to live in any North African or asian state in that part of the world which would it be. Israel is the straight answer. Up until last weekend Netanyahu was politically a dead man walking. Hamas saved his political career , he should be going to jail but guess what he probably end up an Israeli hero

Post edited by Bass Reeves on

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Of course you do realise that the "Palestinians" are mainly descendants of settlers that the Mufti of Jerusalem Hajj Amin al-Husayn imported from Egypt and Jordan in the nineteen twenties and thirties to counteract Jews buying up land.

He had the same aims as Hitler - total extermination of Jews... much like Hamas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Israel is in Asia bass.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭TedBundysDriver

Just seen footage of the Israeli attack on the truck full of innocents.

May god forgive them because the world will not.

Amnesty International’s new investigation shows that Israel imposes a system of oppression and domination against Palestinians across all areas under its control: in Israel and the OPT, and against Palestinian refugees, in order to benefit Jewish Israelis. This amounts to apartheid as prohibited in international law.

Alright North Africa and Asia. I corrected it for you

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Seen videos where it looks like a car-bomb was exploded on route in a white-van, where attack took place Hamas could of done it just as handy.....

Fog of war and all that, but the optics for Isreal are really starting to get brutal, their free pass to commit any atrocity they please to nail Hamas fighters might start to get shaky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I haven't been following it, because life n that, but last I heard Egypt had warned of an attack and Bibi ignored it. Some of the Govt ministers have been run out of hospitals by relatives and doctors. If what I have read on it is correct it's curtains for Bibi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

From the Internet ."Archaeologic and genetic data support that both Jews and Palestinians came from the ancient Canaanites, who extensively mixed with Egyptians, Mesopotamian, and Anatolian peoples in ancient times. Thus, Palestinian-Jewish rivalry is based in cultural and religious, but not in genetic, differences."

Who was the TD who said during a past conflict there that they should down together like Christains and sort out their differences. His name eludes me.

Gerry Adams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

The Zionist state is illegal and needs to be permanently deleted, and ALL of Palestine set free from the river to the sea.

Allahu Akbar.

It's not illegal. It was set up by the UN. When the British left in 1948 the 5-6 neighbouring Arab kingdoms attacked and Israel ended up about 1/3 larger.

In its 70+ years of existence it has been attacked numerous times by neighbouring Arab states.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

It was and is illegal. Do you think I care what the so-called "UN" decided? The decision was an abomination and a crime against Palestine and the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

Be fair to Israel they can also attack their neighbours, the 6 day war is a good example or even attack their own best ally when they tried to sink the USS Liberty.

So we should accept you as Judge and Jury on this international conflict

As I stated the state of Israel is NOT ILLEGAL.

Israel was afraid of a preemptive attack similar to what had happened previously. It had valid reasons to suspect such an attack even though it was an incorrect assumption. Egypt mobilized it's army ordered the UN forces off the Israeli/Egyptian border.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

Isn't Russia afraid of Ukraine attacking with NATO hence current conflict there. S that makes it ok?

Much of Israel's land is held illegally. It's 1948 borders were very different to now.

Did Egypt mobilize it's army?.....did it order the UN forces off the border. Those are the facts. Israel once again expected an attack and decided to attack first. It was a series of miscalculation's by Egypt that lead to the attack.

Slava Ukrainii

Cherry picking at it's finest.

Did Egypt mobilize before or after Israel had massed at the border. Did Israel wait for the UN to leave the area before attacking.

No mention of Egypt already involved in a war elsewhere at the time and were no threat to Israel or the number of UN personal and American sailors killed by Israel or the issue of the Suez canal.

Ruthless

Just on that genetic thing, correct me if I’m wrong but does Netanyahu look native to that part of the world? The guy could pass for the prime minister of Finland if he wanted to.

He was the first Israeli Prime Minister born in Israel. His parents were secular Jews

Why so do you think him looking as he is creates an issue? Dise be need to look different

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Iran will be joining the fray I'd say after these air strikes and their recent threats re striking lebanaon

Will America launch air strikes on Iran if they attack Isreal is the next question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

Would Iran let oil be shipped out of the Persian gulf if they suffered an attack on their oil production facilities?

Advertisement