Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,118 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Hopefully him returning to playing football again is a sign that he's in a good place again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Plenty of glory hunters in the United thread then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Any United fans I know don't care who it is as long as it's not the glazers, which tbf, is how I felt when hicks and Gillette were at the end of their tenure at Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

The Glazers probably haven't been great owners for United and have drained money out of the club, but, United have still been one of the biggest spenders in the world under their ownership. ETH has already outspent Klopp, so money is there for the club to be competitive, it's recruitment that's been poor. Their main problem is that the people that are running the club day to day have been poor, made poor decisions regarding managers ( what other top club would have appointed Ole), poor recruitment, signing players like Pogba, Anthony and Sancho for huge money on huge wages with little return. From reports OT seems to have been let fall into disrepair compared to other Premier league grounds. They should still be doing better than they are, but, hopefully they continue to struggle for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

The Glazers are no were near as bad as Hicks & Gillette. H&G nearly destroyed Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Honestly, not sure this a rabbit hole we need to go down, united supporters will be on to comment,it never ends well 😭

It's not even remotely a proper comparison tbh.

G&H were crooks. The Glazers have overseen one of the biggest spending clubs in world football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

They have been making mistakes in recruitment, but I cannot remember a lot of people shouting they should not sign Pogba, or not sign Sancho. Or not sign Alexis Sanchez, but afterwards these signings are used as a stick to beat the club with to showcase how badly they were being run. I mean we had opinions that Ronaldo was the missing piece that will possibly make them title contenders. And last year Casemiro was a revelation that helped turn the club around. Now he is just another symptom of them not signing the right players.

Winning makes a lot of the anger disappear and I am always interested that the green and yellow scarfs aren't that visible when they are doing well. I think fans aren't unhappy with the owners per se, they are unhappy that they have not been winning. Had they been competing for the title you would have had far less noise about their club and how it was being run. Don't forget Rio Ferdinand demanding they give Ole a contract when they beat PSG. It is all about winning.

As other have mentioned there is a huge difference between the 2 owners. Yes the Glazers have taken money from the club, but they have not been doing it at the cost of performance, IMO. Do we really think that the extra £22.5m a year that the Glazers have taken out of the club would have made them title challengers? Would that extra player have made a difference? Blame them for making bad footballing decisions, but Gillet and Hicks made bad financial decisions that crippled the club. That is the big difference.

I never said the glazers were like H&G.

I said United fans would take anybody over the glazers, just like I'd have been happy with pretty much anyone taking over from H&G when they finished up.

We got very lucky with FSG, I'd like them to have spent a little more when it's very clearly been needed but they made the club a financial powerhouse and did it without saddling any debt. They have world class training facilities and will (hopefully) have a fully redeveloped stadium in the new year.

When they took over, i don't think we could have dreamed of the infrastructure changes they've done whilst also winning everything worth winning.

I think their anniversary is this week too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"Probably" haven't been great...?! I think most.Ubited fans would say there's no 'probably' about it.

We got lucky and/or wise in offloading toxic owners in good time.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Lauras Law

“…the green and gold scarfs aren’t that visible when they are doing well…”

I don’t know if you’re just ignorant to the facts or trying to push some sort of ABU agenda. But the Green and Gold campaign was started by Utd fans in 2010 when the club was absolutely dominating English football and were probably the 2nd best team in Europe (behind possibly Barcelona’s greatest team of all time). Winning or losing, Utd fans have always hated the Glazer’s and wanted them gone. In fact I can’t think of any other club where the fans fought to get rid of owners the way Utd fans did while their team was winning trophies consistently.

The protests are the most vocal when the team isn't winning. Liverpool fans walked out on the team when they were 2nd in the league about the plan to increase prices in 2016. Team went from a winning position to drawing. Made their point and club listened. Pissed off Klopp but its not about the team winning if you are not happy and want to protest.

United seems to schedule their loudest and most disruptive protests for Liverpool matches that affect the Liverpool team more. If they were angry at the owners they would go after the home team, if they were serious about getting the Glazers out at any cost. But they seem the most angry and show that anger not to their own owners but to one opposition team only, Liverpool. Best protest would be to walk out at every match they play at home, to send a message. But like I say it seems to me from the outside the volume of the protests coincide with the downturn n fortunes on the field and for some reason it only happens when Liverpool play. Why not stop the Luton bus as well as the United bus on the 11th November to really send a message?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Well I dunno what other people said but I personally laughed at each and every one of my Utd supporting mates when they were claiming nonsense like Pogba was gonna make them challenge for a title. Same with Sancho and Alexis and so on. Laughed even harder when they sold their souls for Mourinho who and I quote "well he is not what we want in terms of style or personality at the club but at least he guarantees us the title"...all hilarious stuff!!!

It reminded me alot of when I was a child in the 90's and every season would say to them that signing player x or y would make us win the title and they would laugh at me...in my defence I was a child, Utd fans are just delusional and having a very hard time coming to terms with being irelavent and just acting like children. Long may it continue. I'm very much looking forward to their 30 year anniversary of not having won a title.

P.s. That clip of Rio "Utd are back baby" is quite possibly my favourite meme of all time!!! (If anyone fancies posting it here that would be just grand 😁)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Typical Utd fan, always living in the past!!! LOL. Your tears are delicious. Nom nom nom. 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

The best protests are financial. I understand keeping your season ticket but everything else should be boycotted. Jerseys, food and booze in the stadium, subscription. Start with zero spend summer and then have a zero spend game per month to show the contrast.

It's an easy message that can spread around the world. Owners out, zero spend protest.

That construction company going bust has caused an absolute shambles. The club now asking for supporters to give back tickets for the derby, where possible, as they have sold more tickets than they have seats available.

Whatever about loss of revenue, but this messing about every game for the rest of the year is not good. People have bought tickets, travel etc, but won't be able to go now.

Every game is sold out. If people can't go, surely they'll just do what they usually do, give to friend or family, sell it on, or sell back to club.

I'm not sure what the club is hoping for here tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Trying their best to appeal for tickets and showing that they are doing what they can in a bad situation. You might get some people willing to send tickets for a game they can't make back to the club so they club and then send it onto to someone who has a ticket for a seat that is no longer available through no fault of their own.

No, I get that. But it's no different from any other game. That option is always there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

You'd hope the club would put you at the very top of the queue of the second half of the season if you do return one, there has to be an incentive

• Advertisement

I would hope and assume that it won't affect people's credits anyway. That's more important to anyone lucky enough to have credits built up, than actually missing a game.

I don't want to be an arse about it, but I purposely didn't chose the Anny road seats when picking seats for games this side of Christmas. The risk was there at the time that it wouldn't be completed in time. Obviously not everyone had that option given the numbers involved, which is unfortunate for them.

I'd agree an incentive has to be given for those that do return the tickets. £10 voucher to be used within a month isn't enough. It's basically making you spend money to get your £10.

Just seen the email regarding the voucher.

Credit won't be lost if ticket is sent back to club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

It’s very disappointing that it won’t be open I’m heading over for the derby this weekend thankfully I’m in a different part.

I’ve seen rumours online now saying a possible major issue with a concrete failure of some sort. Only rumours at this stage but doesn’t sound good.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

VVD on penos for the Dutch,93rd minute winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Kostas was down injured as the final whistle went in the Greece v NL match. Hopefully all ok

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Golfer365

Anyone know when the home game with Fulham will be finalized?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Should be soon, the November dates were confirmed on Sept 15

It'll be on the Sunday though

Can't be Sat, EL the Thurs before

Can't be Mon, midweek PL fixtures after

I'd guess 2pm. Doubt it'll be the 4pm TV game as it's City-Spurs and Newcastle-Utd that weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,955 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Only 4 league games until the next international break, I swear they're coming more frequently this year.

• Advertisement

Nope same as every other year, just last year had less at this time of the year because of the World Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Desperately unfair Liverpool are once again on the Saturday 12.30pm slot after the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Madness, most of them wont make it back to England until wednesday afternoon/evening an then have to combat jetlag

Falk has turned into a terrible transfer source guy, but I'm all in for believing this one, purely cos Musiala is quality!

Realistically though, it could well just be an agent play to get a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Someone posted it earlier here, think it's happened I think 16 times since Klopp came, and the next(Spurs?) is something like 4 or 6 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,678 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

All 12.30 KO's of a Saturday are on TNT/BT sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,678 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Not all, our 12h30 match after the next international break against City on the 25th November is on Sky. It would have been the 17h30 match but due to police advice the match is being played earlier. We cannot play on Sunday as City has a Tuesday CL match and the 15h00 slot is not being shown, so 12h30 again. So we cannot blame BT/TNT for that one...doubt it will make Klopp feel any better about it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There's always going to be a BS reason to stick us in that timeslot purely because Klopp complained about it a few times so this is their way of sticking it to him whenever possible.

From a selfish standpoint, it suits me much better now because it's just about the only time I can watch us play in my new timezone.

If the match is on Sky at 12h30 due to the police not allowing it to be played in the evening, I don't see that as a BS reason. The real BS reason then is not showing matches at 15h00 on Saturdays and that is on the FA. The choice I guess was play it at 12h30 on Saturday and have people in the UK watch the game, or play it at 15h00 and have people needing to stream it illegally or go to the match to watch it.

This time it is just bad timing, the other times is just TNT knowing we draw in the crowds more than the other teams so they need to make use of us as much as possible. Doesn't matter what the reasons are though, it is a terrible timeslot for us and we most likely lose that match due to our players being sluggish against a team you absolutely cannot be sluggish against. Our hope is that City's 2 South American players are more important than our 4, which isn't true unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What I'm more confused about is the fact that Sky missed out on this one. Generally speaking, they always get every one of the "biggest" fixtures over the years and I don't recall BT/TNT ever showing a Liverpool vs. Man U match and the last time I remember them getting a Liverpool vs. City tie in the PL was 2018 but I could be mistaken there.

Look, at least it's not a Monday night game. Those are the real curse.

Uruguay beat Brazil 2-0 last night. Nunez with a goal and an assist and Alisson was on the bench.

Not confusing, Sky is still showing the match, but at 12h30 instead of 17h30. We would have played at 17h30 if given clearance by the police. TNT gets the 17h30 slot that Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

TNT/BT are showing the game, Sky are showing Chelsea/Arsenal at 17:30 on Saturday.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭giveitholly

With Mac playing tonight I presume he won't start on Saturday morning. No word if Curtis Jones is back training. Does that mean we will have a midfield 3 of Endo,Gravenberch and Szobo this Saturday?

EDIT: Mac played last night so might be OK for Saturday morning

Jones is still suspended, Jota should be back though.

Nunez scored & assisted last night against Brazil, so he is coming in in form. Diaz missed a penalty to win the game for Colombia so he is not.

Diaz & Nunez had finished their games before MacAllister had even kicked off. There were some reports that the PL based players in the Uruguay-Brazil game were going to have a charted plane ready to fly them back to England immediately after the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

BT/TNT control second picks, so in a week like this with Chelsea v Arsenal and Liverpool v Everton it's unlikely that Sky can get both games (might happen in the second half of season if BT/TNT are maxxed out on one of the 4 teams).

So Sky have to pick one of the games as first choice and let BT/TNT pick the other - or pick neither and let TNT have choice of the two, and Sky then pick the other big game as a choice 3 selection. I think the latter happened in this case with Villa v West Ham as Sky's first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I think they are talking about the Man City game and not the Everton game

TNT are showing the Everton game this weekend

Sky are showing the Man City game after the next international break.

Hazard of Thursday night football and TNT wanting to maximize showing Liverpool league games, there is a higher chance TNT will select Liverpool after international breaks as those games will not be moved to a Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

I agree that all this 12:30pm KO after international breaks seems unfair, the stats speak for themselves since Klopp took over. But I think it is another thing, along with red cards, the Diaz VAR incident, that can foster an Us vs The World mentality in the squad. Similar to what Ferguson and Jose used to do at their peak.

• Advertisement
Advertisement