Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRS12255 Clerical Officer Grade III HSE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 laurenmegan

Hi just wanted to let You know, I have my start date now. Was contacted this week and I start on the 23rd. Just to give You an estimated start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭I am me123

Just checked my emails - got link to the assessment test now!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Jafin

Got mine too. It said it'll take about 30 minutes in total, I thought it would be longer for some reason. Gonna do it this evening or tomorrow evening maybe. Very curious how the current hiring freeze at the HSE will affect this whole campaign though. I was half wondering if they'd just cancel all our applications, but it seems they're not going that route.

Deleted

Post edited by I am me123 on

How did everyone find the assessments?

From the information provided in the email, I gather that once submitted succesfully, we are supposed to receive an email confirmation of submission of the aptitude tests within 3 working days. So between now and Friday, I presume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 marilynglenroe

Thank you . My file has just moved to contracting so I'm definitely still 5 weeks behind you. That really gives me a great idea of when I'll be starting. Appreciate this so much

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wishful1

Did mine earlier, ran out of time during the verbal and numerical reasoning. I'm not feeling very confident tbh, especially as I made a mess of the HSA aptitude test last week :-(

Not very confident myself so you're not alone. In middle of test,an error ocurred so had to contact support to fix. Got them done anyways. Did you get the email confirmation of submitting your assessments? I haven't got anything yet.

UPDATE: Just got my Confirmation email from AON Testing Solutions.

Check your email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Does anyone know once preclearance is done for clerical officer in HSE how long it takes for the contract to be offered and start date? The last thing I have to do is medical and got an email yesterday from Occupational Health that the form was received and will be processed. My references have already been contacted as my old boss text me and said they got a form to fill out.

The contracting team sent me a garda vetting form so I filled that off and posted it off as the offer letter mentioned completing it. I hadn't received the vetting link a week a week later so I contacted the contracting team and was told the vetting didn't apply to the role. Not sure if they sent the vetting form by mistake or if this was only found out after I had posted my form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 laurenmegan

30 Aug my file went to Contracting as everything was cleared. Start date 23rd of October.

Oof, it was a bit more nerve wracking than I thought it would be. I managed to answer all the inductive reasoning questions, although there were I think 3 I wasn't sure about. Think I got maybe 13 of the numerical reasoning ones done but there were a good few ones I wasn't really sure about, and I got 16 of the verbal reasoning ones done, of which I'm pretty sure I got...most of them right, I hope. I went into the test feeling fairly confident because I did one back in 2017 for the local county council and did really well in that (back when it was done in person, with paper and pencil), but came out of this one feeling a lot less confident.

I know the feeling! I finished off the verbal reasoning, then went on to the Numerical & Inductive Reasoning tests to find that an error occurred on both (meaning I couldn't open either of them) so had to email support to reset both. I found the Inductive Reasoning the most straight forward of all three tests. Id definitely agree that it was nerve wracking.

Wonder how long to wait for result?

Not sure. I can't remember how long I waited in 2017, but I imagine this will be quicker since it's all done digitally now. That sucks that you got the errors, but at least they got sorted quickly for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭nhg

The fact that there is currently a recruitment freeze in place in the HSE makes me think that the agency are only continuing with the online assessment in this campaign to ensure they get paid…….

• Registered Users Posts: 23 luna11

Not sure how long it takes but I have gone through all the pre clearance checks and reference checks and still wasn't told a start date. That was over a week ago. I rang pas to press for a date as naturally enough I need to know of I'm talking about starting in 2 weeks or 2 months.

I was advised the next thing I get will be an email from assignments.

Has anyone else been through the assignments process? Is there any more hoops then or is it straight in?

They did say there is a big back log at the minute and I should know today, tomorrow or early next week.

thanks @luna11 re the medical clearance, did you have to send your form to occupational health also? I sent mine off to them and they said it would be processed but wondering if they will contact me again once that’s been done or will it be the contracting team.

also, sorry, what do you mean by assignments? 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 23 luna11

I'm not applying for the medical side but the recruiter in pas I'm dealing with is noted as a medical recruiter so I assume he is doing recruitment for 2 sectors in the public service. The only contact I have had is with clearance department in pas. I was advised by clearance that my file is finished ie Garda vetting done references and medicals all done and now my file goes to assignments. I think it's a different section. So I am awaiting on an email from assignments to say I have been assigned to the role and then talk to HR about a Start date. If anyone else has any experience please let me know if I am wrong

From RTE News

I’m in the final stage of preclearance, does this mean mine won’t be going ahead now… I was applying for grade 3 clerical officer :(

• Advertisement

I sincerely hope not. I've just moved to contracting this week. Anyone know if our positions will still go through with this new freeze?

Really awful for services heading into the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jane1986

I think once you have gone that far you will be fine, I've been through it all this past 8 weeks and I start in 2 weeks, it's only certain areas and sections, I think grade 6 and up is affected..

Thank you. I got my offer after the first freeze was announced so hopefully it's all well

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sunnyson

Hi can I ask what section you are going for. I’m at pre clearance for ehealth but after todays announcement I’m not hopeful 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 3 redyellow

Hi all , anyone any updates today? Still awaiting contract , documents all sent in about 4 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Unoriginal.

Just after receiving an email from CPL stating that they are extending the deadline for the aptitude tests until this Thursday.

Son got same here, I still think they are only going ahead with the assessment so that they (the recruitment agency) can get their payments for producing a panel even though no jobs for the people who sit the assessment…..

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jane1986

Speaking with others, it seems anyone that has been given an offer and contract are good to proceed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

Your probably right but this round was a supplementary panel to a supplementary panel of the original panel

Advertisement