Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

That fecking grammarly everytime I try and play a few songs on youtube.

Do those yanks not no that we can spell and have good grammar over hear?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It seems different on different tabs , so maybe it’s my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Bad gateway errors and maintenance notice on and off since I logged on tonight .

Sick of it .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The price of second hand cars… went on a dealership website and I couldn’t believe what I’m being quoted. I do some digging on google and come up with an article in the examiner published in June explaining that second hand car prices are still 79% higher than before covid-19… ….the price, fuk… im interested in a certain smallish crossover/hybrid SUV but not on first inspection at these price(s). Stopped dead in my tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being forced to justify and confirm medical and financial decisions with at least two members of the medical practice, then getting snapped at when I partially did the wrong thing in relation to those decisions.

Further compounded by pass remarkable tone when personal finances came to a head when it came to different health-based decisions.

Is it any wonder I don't go and have white coat syndrome?

Not a ta, I'm freaking raging,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

"THIS IS A FIRE ALARM ALERT! AWAIT FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS!". *Followed by deafening, shrill alarm*

This is what I've been listening to for the past 10 minutes! Tell us to get out or let us burn in peace!

Yesterday I discovered the lady I had a long chat over the fence with, was the girl that guy 14-year-old me was OBSESSED about, was "with"!

she seemed lovely and very active in her community(commendable in my eyes), I'm annoyed that I have complex feelings about this situation.

Post edited by Bredabe on

My phone is under my sofa. , and it’s a 2 person job to get it out .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try sliding a coathanger (even an unwound one), or a large piece of cardboard, under the couch. And good luck.

Post edited by New Home on

I managed by tipping the sofa and sticking my hand in.

The problem with a coathanger is there's rail on the bottom that blocks it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Stood up earlier and managed to turn my ankle over.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Everyone talking about "taking a rain check" wrt an event. Had to look up what "rain check" meant, didn't know whether the thing was on or off.

Ugh Americanisms.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Covid superstar Dr Luke O'Smug on nearly every fecking show on Newstalk, his own podcast etc, doesn't he have a job to go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Newspapers getting people’s ages wrong.

Two papers today referring to the same man, one says he is 53, the other says 57.

I can’t watch the rep of Ireland games because they’re geo blocked on sky uk . Though judging by some threads here that’s a good thing !

My neighbour again tonight, doing construction / deconstruction work until 10.30pm….

• Registered Users Posts: 18,640 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Woman in GAA club pub (there was a prior birthday celebration). Afterwards the New Zealand v Ireland Rugby match televised. But there was this Irish woman decked out in an ‘all black’ dress complete with black nail varnish floating around during the NZ match.

Jayus a bit of research wouldn’t have gone astray.

(For those not in the know - New Zealand wear all black - their nickname ‘The All Blacks)

Woman looked stylish though- wrong place wrong time?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Some ad with a 90 year old playing rugby, and getting clattered, advertising a 4 wheel drive yoke. What drivel.

just gone to bed.

smoke alarm needs new battery - just started beeping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Not going against the TA but I don't get this?

Was she wearing a dress with the "all blacks " leafy thing embroidered on it ...so kinda a all blacks jersey in a dress.

Or was she just wearing a black dress, a wardrobe staple for pretty much every woman.

Does this mean I shouldn't wear a red dress on the night of a Cork match, if they won over Dublin (I'm a dub).

I get the don't wear white at a wedding and I'd extend that to not wearing the same colour as the bridesmaids either, but I've never heard of this one.

• Advertisement

Interrupted sleep.

Got battery but cannot get alarm to open. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ruth...less

One day you're sitting there cool as a cucumber next youre cringing at yourself wondering why and how you suddenly became Bridget **** Jones 🤢🤮

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

Sent an email to a multinational retail business on the 9th…. and going into the 16th, a week later I’m still awaiting a response from them…

its a “yes, we have it in stock for 89.99”… or…. “we are out of stock but hope to have more next week”… or… “I’m sorry we won’t be stocking it anymore “… end of conversation…

nothing complicated, nothing requiring legwork the only effort required of them them looking at a screen or picking up a telephone….and providing a short reply to my email…. Maybe, 90 seconds work.

Buy it somewhere else & tag them in a tweet about their sh*te customer service. I did that to Tower Records a few years ago. Very satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Jamie Heaslip’s sartorial choices….sack the stylist Jamie

French rugby coach’s edgy glasses….same to you Monsieur

That the last northern hemisphere team that I could handle winning is out.

Ireland losing by 4 points in the rugby…. I didn’t get to see all the post match analysis but 1 if not 2 of the all blacks tries should not have been awarded….. the forward pass was about five feet forward for one try, the last one…. TMO clown does SFA.

how can you not see stuff like that on a super HD screen with all that other technology to aid and assist you ? Slowed down, 1364 angles, lines across the field of play….? It was likely the TMO just didn’t bother…or maybe, an agenda ?

A sore lower back again today. I don’t know if it’s a result of a fall a few weeks ago or my bed . But I’ve noticed it hurts when I sleep on my side , which I do ., rather than my back .

People who know nothing of a situation and freely give unwanted and ill-experienced advice on it, throwing a strop when that advice isn't applied to the situation by the people in that position.

Particularly galling in this sit is when men feel entitled to give this advice bc they are divorced.

Post edited by Bredabe on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just took an almighty chunk out of my cheek. How anyone can believe in intelligent design when it's possible to bite the inside of your own mouth is beyond me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement