Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I have enjoyed a nice merlot this evening.

I have just committed to hosting numerous relatives on numerous occasions this coming week/weekend. To the relief of my wife, and my daughters, I will be cooking.

I shaved this morning-I tend not to on a daily basis, as it irritates my skin.

I have a dog and a cat.

I am not making this all about me, but god help me, I miss Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Jesus, you didn't name the cat and dog or say their breed and colour. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

"Popular DJ" 🤣😂🤣

The only music he knows is Brush Shields, The Corrs, Hozieé and the Wolfe Tones.

NK must have been trying to carve out a career path for him that time.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 39,529 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"The first thing I did while lying there on the ground was to ring work and tell them I wouldn't be in," he said.

I'm betting the first call was to Noel.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

This was when he famously went on a rant about not getting sick pay, failing spectacularly of course to understand what a contractor role is; despite at that point having done it for years and taken advantage of the significantly reduced tax status it afforded him. The greed that wanted/demanded the best of both world despite being on obscene fees for years already at that point. A true man of the people. Like Tubridy, though Joe’s salary was enormous, he never forgot his soul. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 25,094 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Caller, you need an agent, a future in mediocre broadcasting awaits you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,026 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Dont be giving me any of your aul jib. Don't you know that Joe is a big fan of the DC Fontaines and Cian The Crow - he has mentioned them on the Liveline over the last few months.

There is a school of thought in Montrose that Joe is only 2nd to Dave Fanning in his music knowledge.

• i get what you mean, and I have often thought secretly to myself unless you are Stephen Hawking, where’s the point. But I can’t say dat x 3. Now I will go to hell for my thoughts.

• How does a hospital so very often manage to make you worse than when you came in? Some of them are a special kind of hell. I got 2 small cups of water in the last 24 hours, all my veins collapsed and they wonder why. There is absolutely no point in my being here, not a staff member comes near you. Same as last time I was here. Put behind a hideous orange curtain and forgotten about, other patients too, I ended up with a crash cart last time because I went into cardiac distress and ended up in the HDU where I was cared for. Forget about painkiller, it’s not offered, nobody asks how you are, nobody bothers with anything. It is down right atrocious.

• Advertisement

Joe inspires writers

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Didn’t he actually call them D.C. Fontaines (as opposed to the correct “Fontaines D.C.”) once?

And who can forget the time the phones died in RTÉ, and Joe reached for a cd to play for the remaining 35-ish mins of the show? And from all the CDs of all de music in de wurild and dat we got “treated” to De Best of De Corrs.

His musical knowledge is right up there with his self-awareness, i.e. it’s zero.

Joe sings

'Cause I have runaway

I have runaway, yeah, yeah

I have runaway, runaway

I have runaway with you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Give us a few moves there Joe

• Walked out of the hospital to get fluid after they tried to dehydrate me to death. Denied all all fluid for 24 hours pending a scan, then told by gynae she for denied access to getting me a CT scan to evaluate progressive abdominal pain. She said she did not blame me at all leaving, she would do exactly the same. Denying fluid to a person with ileostomy is down right dangerous, can destroy kidneys. Told me public hospital simply doesn’t work, patients occupy beds as holding pens trying to get scans. She had tried and tried to get me a bed under the public admission in the private hospital as she had done last time, where you get fluids galore, scans as needed and great care. She & consultant nurse told me it’s very frustrating working with hands tied. I’m sending in a formal complaint.

Long story short I am now being seen by a private consultant on a private hospital tomorrow and also a cardiologist. Have heart monitor in so it wouldn’t be good idea to listen to Liveline 🤣

🤬😤😡😖😠

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

Did anyone hear what misery will be served up to us by KT today?

Methinks the listenership is hovering near zero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭Tow

I heard the two of them talking, but it went in one ear and out de other. They sound so alike it is just a monotonous drone the background.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

• Donegal “University” Hospital no worse nor better than the other crap hospitals in this country. Which are just holding pens for treatment of very limited availability.

#medicalcareisfull

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭golondrinas

The middle east is falling apart. Belgium terror attacks and international football game abandoned . Here court cases involving non nationals are rife.

Liveline contacts Dolly Parton. If the line breaks down they can always dig up Dolly the sheep for a chat.

Why cant they contact the GP on the news at the moment and start a conversation on how the country is full of non nationals we cant handle. My GP is not taking any more patients and the waiting time for appointment is now weeks where a while back it was a day or two. lets discuss the Elephant in the room.

• Managing wealth… must try it sone time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Either dolly Parton's going to be on the show or its a show dedicated to Dolly and her puppies, so to speak,🍉🍉

Katie will bore everyone, whatever the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The colour coded weather warnings are gas, pure project fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sorry you have to live in a tent when you arrive, we can't pull a fully furnished 4 bed forever home in Sandyford out of our arse pocket for you and your clan.

• Why don’t we open up field hospitals where if you need a cannula you find a vein and insert it yourself because no staff member is available to do it for you.

I don't understand them. Red, Orange, Yellow. But I could tell you what to expect if they used de Beaufort Scale. Force 8 is what I think what they are forecasting for de South.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

Stand By: A very special show. Dolly!

Advertisement