Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

I didnt realise! Apologies if I've led anyone astray! Dundrum VF has sold top up as a separate voucher before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭john boye

A colleague (who is with 3) wants to get that redmi for €50 and reckons he just has to click "keep your number" and his 3 account will be fine as well long as he doesn't activate the €20 credit that's not right, is it? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

I don't think that's right because you have to port your number over as part of singing up, and giving vodafone that detail - they'll notify 3 and his account will be cancelled with them. He'd then have to port back over to 3 I think, bit of a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I bought a few phones from vodafone and for me they've mostly switched the number. One time they didn't.

Seems completely random to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭john boye

Thanks guys. Yeah as someone said there, he reckons that's what he did last time and his number was never switched over to Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I've requested to port 2 numbers in from 3 in the last month, 1 bill pay with phone and 1 prepaid and neither of them have ported. It wasn't part of this offer just to mention but I just don't have the energy to ring them for them to not be able to help. I'll wait and see do they eventually fix it themselves but I absolutely wouldn't bank on the number not porting in from 3 by ordering it the way your friend is suggesting.

I thought the one that didn't port for me was an oversight rather than deliberate.

But this online store is so poorly run who knows. Maybe they don't bother anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Vodafone are offering a discount if you port, if you want the discount, you have to follow their rules.

I got a phone on the deal once, never bother to run on the new sim, and the number never ported. I ported it again a year later...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Another order cancelled as i have not meant the online criteria its hilarious at this stage i wonder does anyone meet the criteria?

You'd be better walking into the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭wassie

Would help if we knew what the mysterious 'criteria' was. Typically the frontline VF reps don't have that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭markw7

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LLAP85

i have been on to vodafone all day to switch from three bill to prepay. no one could understand my request. I thought i want to switch to prepay vodafone take my money was simple enough reason.

i want to get a phone on offer thats expiring tonight. They eventually set me up as a pre pay (back and forth in simple words to switch from other network bill to vodafone prepay)

i have been told wait 3hrs max for sim to activate then try ordering the phone online again? My local store are not answering phone.

I am afraid I will miss the offer

Need to walk into a shop.

Haven't got through via phone to a Vodafone shop in years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,686 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭crasy dash

its looking that way alright appears they dont want online business anymore

So after 5 hrs of speaking with approx 12 people a guy set up my number on a new sim. I said can I purchase the phone now. He said I would have to wait 2-3 hrs max.

I was worried about this as didn't want to miss the offer so I went into a shop. No stock but basically told me the way it was handled online should not have been the way. I need to ring them again. The way they do it you purchase the sim and phone together.

Again talking to 6 different people since 4.30pm being passed from one section to another cos no one could answer my query.

I was told my sim would now activate in 48-72 hrs but as I sent the request in I would still get the offer. I was Told I could go online and order the phone under a new number to issue separately.

So seems odd but I got an email to say my first sim is dispatched and then I tried the phone purchase again. This was the third time today attempt. Previous two times it didn't go through and told to contact customer care.

So fourth or maybe fifth time I ordered the phone as a new customer.

So we will see if they both arrive and I have a stress free transition 🤣🤣

I'd just buy off Amazon than go through that.

Haha thanks well i was willing to try one more time but that was my next step if it didn't work.

I would definitely opt that way if I had of known it was going to be such a hassle

We will see what the week brings and if I am fully successful

• Registered Users Posts: 42 saleem

Hi, if anyone would like the Xiaomi 12 5G I have it and no longer need it, so I am willing to sell it for same price as I got it for 99.99. It is still sealed. PM me if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Why buy it from you for the same price to buy new from the store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You only had to look at a page or 2 off this thread to know it's a headache ordering so it was there to see. Anyway glad you got sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Ask this again, after you have had 3/4 orders cancelled for no reason...

In addition. Pot luck in the physical stores because they don't answer the phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 saleem

I can't seem to edit my post so this is the reason for new comment.

Thanks everyone for the PMs it is sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭StopWatch

Anyone know would the nokia g42 be sim-locked? Or are most phones unlocked these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1

Unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fminus

Going mad using Eir where I live atm. Used to be Vodafone but swapped for a package deal last year. Now that VF have a €20 5G PAYG deal, I'm happy enough to swap back again.

Question though: how often do the decent Switch & Save offers come up?

Would be nice to get a good phone deal when coming back, but don't want to wait another 2-3 months for an offer while I crack up over unbearably poor Eir signal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The last year or so there's pretty much always an offer of some kind on. If I recall last year there was great offers around Black Friday.

I saw the €20 5G deal, do you know if you can tether with it? Seems all PAYG plans they offer don't include it. Modern phones won't let you change the APN to get around it.

Advertisement