Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2023

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

And another advert story that I missed earlier in the year, John Lewis has changed its advertising partner for the 2023 campaign from the firm that looked after the 2009- 2022 ones, these being the 'peak' years in terms of John Lewis christmas adverts it will be interesting to see if there is any change in tone/style for JL this year.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

John Lewis has become a victim of it's own success and fails to live up to the hype the original ads generated. But given the social media views they churn out I can't see them changing their strategy any time soon.

Well, it does beg the question, if they didn't want anything to change why break a successful partnership?

Though I agree that other than 2 or 3 truly classic adverts around 2010-2012 they've been on a downward trajectory (though I did love the 2021 one also) and based on that maybe felt that they need to change it up a little.

Has peaked my interest for the 2023 offering!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭BK5

Lads, the young ones on this thread are going to say "Rick Who??"

We'll be back to explaining about the 80's again. 😄

Back in my day music was better… now it’s just noise… 😂😂

The Polar Express was on Sky movies last night.

Also, done some googling about why Trace Christmas the music channel, didn't come on in early September this year. Apparently the owners of the various Trace music channels got rid of some of their channels from the UK and Irish market and the Christmas channel was one of them.

• Advertisement

Love that movie despite the unanny Valley issues, the soundtrack/score is superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I can confirm that Penney's have started to put out their Christmas stock.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Fabulous!

I love the Jingle Bells cushions. 😁

Seen my first Advent calendar

We are so close to being in season now….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Lights going up in Dublin. Switch on mid November. Out of season rapidly coming to a close!!

• Advertisement

Lights are up in Waterford too! Got a little jolt of excitement when I copped them the other night!

Eeep, I love when the lights start going up. 😁

Speaking of lights, they are up in Capel Street Dublin. 🎄

• Registered Users Posts: 8 justdavidalone

Ohh!! We haven't decorated our house yet but I'm really excited when we do that. It feels like the house is so full of laughter and moments that you want to remember as you grow old.

we'll be putting up ours on Friday 24th November this year in time for the LLTS that evening, so just 5 weeks from Friday. Starting to feel pretty real now, especially with adverts on the TV just 2 weeks away (in Ireland anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Over wkend I noticed the Christmas light fittings are now up on Capel street in Dublin.

Sky Channel 366 moves to full on Christmas songs from 8am on Monday 23rd October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's gonna be so weird this year cos I've decided not to put up the tree until the 1st of December cos I feel the 24th November is just a little too early....so it's gonna be odd watching Toyshow without tree twinkling.....ah well! The 24th doesn't suit me to take off from work so I'm taking the 1st and the 4th instead!

I was almost there myself, but the Mrs. decided she wanted it up for the toy show so that was that.

• Advertisement

Feel the weekend of the 25th and 26th of Nov is a tad early too but I am going to the staff Christmas party on Sat the 2nd of Dec so I won't have time that Sat and I won't be in a fit state on the Sunday 😄

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement