Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

Interesting that you said in post #53 that "Israeli terrorism is a lot worse". I'm suspecting you do have a reason other than posting figures for the sake of it......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

They are striking back in the south also. Civilians have been killed in Khan Younis and other places in South Gaza

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

This is it. Israel had to give Palestinian civilians a chance to escape to relative safety. Otherwise attacking Hamas would have let to disproportionate civilian casualties, which would be a war crime. That said, Hamas using human shields and hostages would would have taken away considerably from that argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭m2_browning

Has Germany welcomed millions with open arms again yet?

Which is a lot more than Hamas Terrorists have done with their surprise unprovoked attack that kicked of this shitshow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

He will likely be giving them a window to achieve their stated aims and to ensure they do their best to minimise civilian casualties . As the longer this drags on the the harder it will be for their allies not to break rank. Already we see the Canadians doing so slightly. Also the danger that Iranian proxies get involved will increase each day this lasts. If they are really intent on going house to house in Gaza city this war could drag on for months. I don't think Biden will allow it.

All of those of course were indeed war crimes. I doubt any of the perpetrators will ever face justice over it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Russia and China are asking Israel to join them in the united nations security council to discuss a crase fire. Meanwhile Bidens warships are looming in the outskirts. Fascinating times we're living in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

If that was the case shouldn't they have given the order to leave before bombing the **** out of the place?

hopefully some of the perpetrators get a 500pound bomb going through their ass and out the brains

• Advertisement

They didn't "bomb the **** out of the place" imho. If they had, hundreds of thousands would now be dead, instead of a few thousands. They have shown remarkable restraint. I guess they know full well that the whole world is watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

An estimated 1000 of them were killed on the day and on subsequent days (Israeli figures).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Those people were not ethnically cleansed but similar to Jews all over the world, answered the call to return to "their homeland".

Looking at European Jews or Asian Jews or anywhere else would show declines also in that time period.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well if one side murders 40 and the other side 1,033 then the latter's terrorism is a lot worse. Were you bad at Maths?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

I wonder is that the delay here or that it takes time to organise the invasion

A quick google shows there are 40k of them in Gaza. So I guess 1k down, 39k to go

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

In terms of the actual incursion, there were only around 2500 terrorists so they suffered numerous casualties on the day. People nearly forget Israel is heavily militarised and many people are armed.

See my ww2 example. Will you draw the same conclusion......?

That war is over. There was much killing on all sides.

This war is one-sided with the Israeli army way out in front in the murdering of innocents who have nowhere to go. Fish in a barrel as has already been said. If they don't get them with bombs and bullets they seem prepared to starve them to death or let them die of thirst or lack of medicine. Cruelty in the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The gaza strip is 40 something KM squared.

There's 2.5 million people there. Where exactly is a safe place? They're bombing the south too. They've asked for hospitals, with patients who can't be moved, to be evacuated.

Hamas have an extensive network of tunnels and bunkers. The bombing will do little to hurt them as an org. And what's to stop Hamas from moving south as well?

The fact is that the israelies aren't after justice. They're after vengeance. The israeli government is a far right government. At the end they'll have killed many multiples of what Hamas did. They'll level critical infrastructure and make the area uninhabitable. They'll keep the blockade up so that it can't be repaired. Some of Hamas will be killed but not all. And after tens of thousands of civilians are killed, and their homes destroyed, Hamas will have a lot of new recruits.

It's like the whole of Dublin was sealed off, and everyone told to move to the south side and then still bomb the south side. Except there's a million more people.

• Advertisement

Sorry, you posted a set of figures and inferred something from it. Why won't you do the same for mine........?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Banzai600

BBC News

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67119233

"The UN says the Israeli air force continued to strike in Khan Younis and other southern areas despite the directive for people in Gaza to move south"

so ppl told to flee south from Gaza city toward Khan Younis in the south and they get bombed. its estimated over 200k ppl have fled there in recent days, and its still not safe, around 600k there now. Look at the map! And Israel bombed the border area of Rafah yesterday to the south too ? I reckon that was purposeful to keep the Rafah gate closed as a warning to egypt ?

Releasing hostages has to take a step forward, im hopeful.

But when is enough - enough ? levelling gaza to the ground ? and its well on its way, that wont "win" this. No chance imo. They wont wipe out hamas.

the world we live in, look at the sham invasion of iraq all them yrs ago, and everything from then until now, Libya / Afghanistan etc, from the iraq war, that completely destabilised the entire globe and atrocities it brought thereafter imo. If the end came around with nuclear weapons being used, we deserve it.

looking at the protests around the world etc, more divide is imbedded in society, anger everywhere. I cannot belive that governments are "ok" with the continous bombing of innocent ppl. You cant murder hundreds of thousands to try and get a few , but that appears to be the way now.

Israel wrecklessly bombing a civilian polulataion, over half of Gaza polulation are under 18 as per a CH4 news report yesterday , bear that in mind.

its well for us all sitting here, not in the middle of it, the misery, inhumanity thats happened on both sides and it rages on......

the blame for me lies in the politics of the region, and the so called western powers, i dont know who exaclty is to blame, and neither do any of you. We're not living there in either region, IL or GZ.

its digsuting what we are conditioned to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

That's pretty indiscriminate. Those bombs are so destructive that they can't be dropped from a low altitude without a special attachment because otherwise the explosion will damage the plane. they have a lethal blast radius of about 2400 metres squared.

BTW, I do hope that the hamas fighters and their leaders are tracked down. But all civilian deaths should be avoided. And a 500lb in a city is guaranteeing civilian casualties.

You were quick to offer judgment on your own example, why not try another similar one? Go on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There's is no my lot several individuals from the very outside have set out quite intensionally to downplay and deflect and victim blame the victims of this massive terrorist attack, nothing but page after page of whatabouts ,you had ago at a post about Ships being deployed you know constant updates again deflection,your not discussing anything really it's just been sarky post one after another, nobody is stopping anyone from discussing anything on this thread including the total rewriting of history including Israel Bombing of UNFIL yesterday, when it's already been documented rockets landed on both sides of the blue line as it called nobody said Israel bombed UNFIL,

Again talking about the Ukraine thread and what's allowed and whats not allowed to be discussed is not true the only people who decide that is the Mods nobody else there's hundreds of Images and videos showing war ,dead soldiers both Ukrainian and Russian,and including images of dead Ukrainian children and the aftermath of massacres of men women and children and the elderly carried out by the Russians forces ,

Another poster comes out oh the denials about phosphorus, nobody has denied that either but again several posters on here suggest it was ,the same several people who denied reports on how people including men women and children died ,all they were short of doing was asking for the official autopsy reports for the 1300 killed so they could argue every little point to try chalk a number,

And yes I did say withhold aid until the hostages are released its called negotiation, it's that or the other option Israel comes in and Burns Gaza to the ground while trying to get the hostages back ,

Unfortunately this is a war started and sponsored by people outside of Israel and America who only want chaos ,

This could be over in a few days of they hand over the hostages and terrorists,

But oddly enough it seems people would rather some drawn out saga that could go on for years rather than a rapid cessation to the violence

Why should I do yours. Its quite simple in that whoever murders the most is the biggest murderer.

Don't disagree with most of that. But what else can realistically happen here? Not a chance Israel will turn the other cheek, that would be a major win for Hamas, also embolden Hezbollah and it's not really in the nature of what the Israeli people are at, certainly not after these brutal terrorist attacks. I can't see Israel giving in to the latest demands from Hamas either to exchange a few hundred kidnapped Israeli civilians for 6000 jailed Hamas terrorists

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

If they covet it so much why have they repeatedly handed territory back as part of peace negotiations consessions and received absolutely nothing in return bar a single soldier,

Conspiracy theories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Uncensored videos being shared on Telegram and Snapchat Map of what’s happening in Gaza right now. Absolutely appalling scenes with videos of women and babies with their faces blown off and blood everywhere at the side of the road. thousands of people queuing for bread for their families, people walking miles to try even get one litre of water for their families.

biden is travelling to Israel tomorrow and has said he will continue to show solidarity with Israel and supports them ‘defending themseves’

israel have said a ground invasion may not happen and it may be ‘something different’

what’s the possibility of them going in with nuclear weapons?

Advertisement