Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The thing that so many Souls-like games fail to achieve is just the sheer balance that seems to come so naturally to FromSoftware.

You can copy the mechanics, principles of level design, gameplay flow etc all you want. But From are very consistent in achieving an incredible balance and natural progression in their games that aren't so easily replicated, and their care and attention is so deeply embedded in everything they do, without compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Cordell

Remnant From the Ashes and Remnant II are excellent, but are they soulslike? Death is not that punishing and they have difficulty levels, and of course, they are shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I remember playing Nioh and dropping it halfway through. It wasn't even the difficulty that frustrated me, it was the equipment and inventory. I remember it being a muddled mess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I love From games but like every other game theres bits that aren't quite... Polished. There's usually one or two bullshit areas.

Valid criticism. The game definitely didn't need that loot system. Always hate when I see it outside of a game where it actually fits like Diablo.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PixelPlayer

Which of these would you recommend for some spooky Halloween gaming?

RE4 remake

RE Village

The Last of Us (PC)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Where's the best place to sell stuff ?

I've a ton of crap built up over Covid. CEX probably, but wondering if I'll get more cash elsewhere. Is Adverts, Facebook marketplace ... a pain in the ass for selling stuff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You'd get more cash selling through Adverts/Facebook etc, but the benefit of CEX or the likes is you dump it all there in one go and it's done. Selling everything online yourself you're then talking postage or meeting people somewhere, having to do it multiple times for multiple items, dealing with people asking if you'd be willing to trade your collectors edition steelbook game for half a used toothbrush and a rock they found outside.

It depends what all you're selling. Items that might have a bit of value/interest you could sell yourself, small stuff like games/dvds, you might be better just dropping off at CEX just to get rid of them.

If you're selling to CeX try and find the boxes if you still have them. They will knock the value down if it doesn't have the box, manuals, even the packing if it's a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭McFly85

Check the CEX site first for an idea of how much cash you’ll get, but bear in mind the total they give you might not match the website. I’ve queried that before with them and usually get a response along the lines of the website hasn’t been updated with the latest prices.

I would start by creating an Adverts/Donedeal post, and if you’re not getting any serious replies and just want rid bring it to CEX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

That's utter scutter from whoever told you that McFly.

Their website is the most up to date pricing they offer.

You can buy/sell on the site without going to a store.

They might have offered you pricing for a B or C grade item, when you might have viewed the pricing for an A grade item.

All I can’t tell you is I went in with a boxed 3DS once with everything in perfect condition and was offered slightly less than an unboxed one.

Showed the guy the site and I was explicitly told that those prices were old and weren’t reflected on his terminal.

It definitely could have been the guy I was dealing with, he seemed suspicious that it didn’t have a charger with it.

I didn’t fancy arguing with him on it so I just declined to trade it in and sold it on adverts.

I would have taken the phone out, sold it on the website and given him the reference number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Ah, there's dodgy people everywhere, I wouldn't necessarily blame CEX, but that sounds dodgy out!

Haha, priceless, that's a good one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Someone tried that on me before in the cex in Stillorgan. I accepted the lower offer when they called me to let me know it wasn't as much as originally quoted as I was at the in-laws and not paying attention. When I had a few minutes to process it, I mailed their head office and complained and they sent me the difference and apologised.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The cex site changes can happen over night

I have noticed a glitch where the mobile site might be a day old one refresh when you open or click into your settings and turn on desktop mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,018 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought there was a Silent hill thread but don't see it now.

Anyway, new episodic series called Ascension releasing starting October 31st where the fans vote on what happens next.

Seems one of the platforms for viewing it will be the new Playstation app

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭recyclops

Just bloody give us silent hill 2 ffs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is that the project from the higurashi guy? If so it could be something special

Edit: that's silent hill f. I'm guessing this will be a tonal mess like the movies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think virtually everything announced during that Silent Hill news drop was more interesting than the Bloober Team Silent Hill 2, which is easily the most cursed combo of developer and game that has existed.

• Advertisement

Well Nintendo turned mercurystream into a top tier developer. Although this is Konami...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Dead Space is coming to Game Pass Ultimate on the 26th of October. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

What's with all the recent Silent Hill stuff and not a single air raid siren between them?

Great news all round jaysus MS are having a belter end to year. Outside of Mario Wonder no need to turn on anything else.

I'd like to say GP will keep me busy until Mario Wonder is on discount. But that'll never happen 😄

Dead Space is part of EA Play, so anyone subscribed to that outside of GP can get it on the same day on PS/PC

• Registered Users Posts: 29,790 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nice, I have EA Play until 30th October, will have to lash into dead space for a few days.

Gonna ask Santa for wonder at Christmas I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭jj880

Ah thats why it's being discounted everywhere. Nearly bought myself. Will get on EA Play now instead. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭jj880

😆

Ive only ever did 1 "Drop & Go" order. Made the order up online then had 3 days to leave it in to get the amount agreed online.

That was last week and it was no hassle. Grey joycon Switch (with box), 8 games and a pokeball. Now everything was in excellent condition and I'd just replaced both sticks due to drift so they gave me the online order price of 359 euro. Had it in my bank account within 2 days. Maybe its better to do Drop & Go with the price agreed beforehand instead of a walk in.

Advertisement