Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer, Three Arena, 10th June 2024

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Tickets from €69.50

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I was at the Smashing Pumpkins gig in London 5 years ago today. I'll be getting tickets on Friday. I think it has been a good few years since Smashing Pumpkins played here. Weezer were in Marlay Park last summer with Green Day and Fall Out Boy. Great show by Weezer as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The Pumpkins played the RDS in 2008. Prior to that it was the Machina tour in the Olympia in 2000, which was the last time I saw them.

The time between the first time I saw them (SFX, 1995) and next year's show will be just short of 28 years and 10 months. Worrying.

Post edited by delbertgrady on

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Penfailed

My young fla wants to go to this so I might end up purchasing tickets.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

This will be an insta sell-out for sure. Ill try grab some tickets. Hope they are still good. . Never seen but heard they are very good live. My main worry is how much crap they produced since Zeitgeist will feature on the setlist. Seven albums since 2007. All of them mediocre to crap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Saw them at NOS Alive a few years ago. Great performance and they played most of the hits so hoping for more of the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

The SFX gigs were great. I remember going to the first night they played, and then Sunstroke in RDS the next night.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭crl84

Most of the setlist these days is from pre-Zeitgeist, about half from Siamese Dream/Mellon Collie, doubt they'll change much by next summer:

https://www.setlist.fm/search?artist=23d6e0ab&query=smashing+pumpkins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭pah

Is this going to be the usual waiting room job

Yes, open now. Thanks for periodically forcing me to change my password as in joining the waiting room. Pricks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,917 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

8 mins and counting ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Trying to juggle both the Pumpkins and Mitski presales at 10:00. Nightmare.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

To be fair, you don't have many gigs to go to 😉

2 standing tickets, no hassles.

Hope ye get sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Jambonjunior

I'm guessing all the good seats are VIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭aidz

got to the top of the queue but circle continues to turn and cant advance beyond that yet!

!!

4 standing, no problem. Joined q at 330

Got a seat in Block A. It'll do grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭weezer1980

that was as painless as it could have been. got 3 standing no bother. i do hate this from 69.50 crap. standing ticket 90.80 when you add in the usual fees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭aidz

Joined the back of the queue again and after refreshing availability a number of times got 2 standing. happy out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

If anyone has any presale codes going spare I would be very grateful! Haven't seen them since RDS 2008 and I've never seen Weezer as I always seem to be away when they're here.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭xyz13

€90.80 standing 😩 bit much for my liking but hey, ho - it'll be my first and last time.

Bien faire et laisser dire...

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Jambonjunior

Is there a break down anywhere of what fees are for what? I wasn't sure what the different prices were for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Standing tickets are €83.25 and fees of €7.55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I tried but it's not accepting my password and when I click forgot password the email never arrives to change the password!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Tinter Box

You have to register separately on mcd.ie. I tried it but no email in any case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is standing sold out, can only select seated tickets with a 3 presale code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yeah also gone in artist presale. I only got to it an hour after, they were showing on 3 at time but kept getting something went wrong and they've since disappeared entirely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cheers, wouldn't mind but I've been at the PC all morning and only remembered what I meant to buy this morning 30mins ago. doh!

Advertisement