Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Hummingbird Project

You’ve completely misunderstood my point. I’m not saying ireland is like israel in using terror as a tactic. I’m saying those that defend the terrorism of the IRA and condemning Hamas terrorism now are completely hypocrites and they know they’re contradicting themselves now. The problem with a hypcrite is if you tell me a lie now, how do i know you won’t tell me a lie in the future again?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Israel have lied in the past about not being responsible for killing civilians. You probably won’t admit it but they have. We should be sceptical of their denials rather than immediately last night believing it wasn't them. However I am leaning now towards the possibility that the IDF is actually telling the truth on this one, because for 500 people to have died you would expect to see videos of the hospital building being levelled or at least severely damaged. As I said previously even if Israel came up with 100 percent proof it was not them who bombed the hospital, alot of people in the Arab world would say it was all fabricated.

Defence and Security analyst Michael Clarke (of Sky News) believes that, on balance of probability, it seems Palestinian Islamic Jihad is more likely to be responsible for this attack.

Michael Clarke told Sky News that while many nations in the Middle East have blamed Israel, the "reality is probably the opposite - but we're only dealing with probability here".

The balance of probability points to Israeli claims being true - that the Palestinian Islamic Jihad misfired a rocket, he said.

When pressed, he put the probability at 60-70%.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Yes he did. They were even posted in this thread pages before his. He declared himself an authority on the subject and then proceeded to show how smart he was by selectively choosing evidence to suit his theory and ignoring the rest. Classic baffle them with bullshit post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,735 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone claiming either side has not & will not continue kill innocent people are of there rocker,

Hamas done it last week & You can not bomb like Israel have without killing hundred if not thousands of innocent people ,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

No it is exactly 1 hour off to the second. One hour later to the second no bomb hit the hospital meaning the CCTV was off by exactly an hour.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭m2_browning

Well then they can sit there and play the victim card instead of actually doing something to distance themselves from Hamas and end this madness.

You can bet if Palestinians March for peace and handover of prisoners and terrorists then enormous pressure would be put on Israel from everyone to deal with them and end this.

At end of day Israel want to crush Hamas not eradicate Palestinians despite what some of the anti semitic nutcases here who frequent conspiracy theory subforum and parrot Russian propaganda say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Even the IDF are saying its not Hamas, its Islamic Jihad a different militant group in Gaza.

Israel as a State has one army the IDF which it controls. The Palestine are made up of different factions Hamas is one, and hasn't been elected as part of one part of Palestine for nearly 20 years. So Palestine didn't do this a faction within Palestine did it. If you still think this is a double standard then I cant help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

This quote from the wire comes to mind with regards all the claims and counter claims going on:

"I mean, ****, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight."

Facts don't matter at this stage people will belief what they want to justify whatever they want.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

It seems clear to me that Israel didn't do this particular bombing.

In one sense truth doesn't matter, because too many people will stick to a narrative even if proven wrong, but in another sense truth very much matters.

To be honest I'm glad that it appears Israel were not responsible, because the consequences if it had been were unthinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

You wonder why Gazans haven't formed a political platform in which to do this? Fear of Hamas would be the obvious answer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Why did an IDF spokesperson claim they had bombed the hospital?

Were they lying then or lying now?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's well documented that Hamas regularly kidnaps tortures and murders Gazans, they are a terrorist organisation and people on boards believe everything that hamas says as true ,it like coming out and saying Isis said that they didn't kill anyone in the middle east ,it's all a neocon conspiracy against Islam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

FUBAR

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Freneys Treasure

The most important thing here is not the casualties; it is establishing that the other side is responsible

• Registered Users Posts: 15,497 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

They need to rise up in their millions.

If not now, when.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

The IDF also do this though. So why do you defend/believe them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,649 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I would hope some would consider before posting tweets from heavily biased Ukranian twitter accounts for anything to do with any of this.

The Ukrainian authorities and their social media propganda arm came out full square behind Israel and it's retaliation

I also find it odd that a country which itself is being partitioned and occupied to be supporting Israeli actions but there you go.

Anyway just remember all those Ukranian accounts are heavily pro-Israel.

A good thread that backs up what people are saying about this strike, that it was not consistent with an IDF strike.

https://x.com/Nrg8000/status/1714535497958334678?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

So you would be opposed to an independent verification of the facts and to suggest it is anti Israeli and probably anti semitic.

Ok then.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭crusd

Israel have previously inflicted mass casualties on innocent civilians in the name of targeting terrorists, when to do so would reflect negatively on them and give Hamas a propaganda "win", which is why people could readily believe they bombed the hospital. They also have previous for denying incidents for which they are responsible for which means their credibility is somewhat questionable.

Now the photos shared of this incident are not at all consistent with an event that would have resulted in 500+ deaths unless there were 25 people in each car. To me there are a number of possibilities.

1. It was an Israeli strike and the photos shown do not show the extent of the damage
    2. It was a much smaller impact from the Israeli side and Hamas as exaggerating the death toll for propaganda purposes
    3. It was an errant Islamic Jihad rocket anfd Hamas are blaming Israel and exaggerating the death toll for propaganda purposes
    4. It was fully staged by Hamas for propaganda purposes.

I would put little credibility in statements from both sides and will wait for independent confirmation.

I don't know, ask them, but he has clarified it after.

Tell us all, do you have any proof that it was an IDF strike? Is there anyone out there willing to state it was and with some evidence, apart from what Hamas saying?

"Trust me Bro..."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭McFly85

Play the victim card? They are victims in all of this. Pawns of Hamas and given little thought in Israel’s retaliation policy. Expecting them to solve the crisis almost sounds like victim blaming.

Israel and the IDF are the ones with real choice at this point, and the choices they have made make it very unlikely for ordinary Palestinians to consider them allies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Yes, it is hypocritical. Just as those who defend state terrorism or even deny its existence. Also those like Ursula who are selectively disgusted by collective punishment and possible breaches of international law .

It's not just the IDF,

At this moment in time it's.

Sky News

BBC

OSINT

POTUS

along with many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

The Israeli's seem to have put together a very strong case that it was indeed Islamic jihad. Just a pity their intelligence hadn't been operating at that level a few weeks back.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Oh totally and a number of us said that last night - there’s people here not interested in discussion or the truth or facts, only score keeping and mud slinging , mostly at the Israelis - as much as that country deserves criticism for where we find ourselves today after all these years, I don’t see any of those people U turning and saying how terrible Hamas or whoever fired this weapon are -and you’ll never see that happening - they’ll just dump more whataboutery in the thread .

Advertisement