Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's possible that's how it started with the way dialogue boxes appear like you see on games for mobiles.

Then the way you have to add buffs to everything seems like something that could've been monetised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

I played call of duty cold war campaign and enjoyed it the other day. Any more call of duty campaigns availabe on playstation plus?

There were others given in the monthly games before and there was one as part of the PS plus collection which finished not long ago. But don't think there are any in the ongoing collections.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

Currently playing through red dead redemption on ps5, the 50 quid was a rip off but just finished my second play through of Rdr2 and really wanted to continue and seeing as RDR is a continuation from Rdr2 I took the plunge and paid out the price (never played the game before). It's good so far but really can't help but think how good it would be with updated graphics with a proper remaster, definitely feels like an older game control wise, graphics aren't that bad considering how old it is. Would have been great if they used some of the assets from rdr2 seeing as that game pretty much contained every location that is also in the first one. But I'm sure rockstar new there would be plenty of fuckers like me that would buy a plain port anyway rather then remaster

Giving the Lies of P demo another go. As someone who has never played a Souls like before, it's safe to say I'm not very good. I did get further than the first time I played the demo though. So turned it off after dying multiple times to the first big boss. Nearly had him though.

But as a wise man once said

"It doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Picked up Immortals of Aveum the other day, played a good bit of it last night. It's Call of Duty Magic and quite fun. After the tutorial, you basically have 3 types, green for multishot/LMG type, red for scatter/Shotgun and blue for single/rifle type. Each of them then has different variations then, ie: instead of scatter you have explode. And you have a manual shield and a dodge.

Fun enough to play, if you can get over the explosion of colours. Initially the play was linear but I think it's open world as there's lots of fast travel portals I've to unlock yet. I'm basically only passed the tutorial and getting into it now. It has dialogue interactions which apparently has consequences and timed answers. But it's done well, the character says additional stuff while waiting for your reply and it feels very genuine.

Story is there. Humans fighting each other over control of magic while something big is happening that'll kill everyone that no one is paying attention to, until you. Its enough to keep me going forward for now at least. Voice acting is quite good, and it's not gonna win any Oscars but it's pretty decent all the same. Visually quite impressive, but the frame rate drops are noticeable. Targets 60 but does drop a but during busy scenes. Better than Starfield though...

Looking forward to more of it. Reminds me of a mix between Ghostwire Tokyo and Call of Duty. And it's something fresh-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Was looking at it last week and debating whether to pull the trigger and get it or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,595 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'll probably play it at some point, but doesn't seem like a game worth the full price. Will pick it up on sale.

Yeah, still early days so not sure on the full price yet, but I got it for 30 adter trading in AC6 for 40 so worth a try at that, and I'll make the money back trading it in. I'm expecting it to open up tonight, looks like a 4 split part map with free exploration in each area. Will report back, but its something a bit different at least. Dialogue is teetering right on that decent/cringe line.

Have to say, I'm really getting into Immortals. Map has opened up so it's large areas with their own maps and loading to get from 1 to the other. Which is quick and rare.

Its not slow at throwing abilities and spells at you, I feel I've only 1 or 2 abilities left to get. 3 main spell weapons, with each having 3 variants. Then you have 3 abilities, a lash, slow down blobs and a stun, plus a shield and dodge. Some enemies can only be damaged by one type, or are shielded so need a specific type of damage to the shield before changing back to the best type of damage then. Makes for some hectic fights. Died a good few times but its quick reload.

I've warmed to the characters. It's light hearted and does the buddy chat thing, but uses its sparingly so its effective. Overall story isn't bad, but one can more or less guess what's happening. Enough to keep moving forward at least.

Collectibles are for upgrade materials mostly, sometimes new gear. Gear is levelled, and I can't make head nor tail of it. I'm Magus level 37 or something, but my most powerful gear is 20, and the enemies don't have level indicators so it's a bit all over the place. I'm just using the strongest I have of everything. And everything is upgradeable. Its simple and straight forward. Like God of War to a degree.

Still wish it performed a bit better, but its grand as it is. I'm only on purple level weapons so I'm assuming I've a bit to go yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭nedd

I finished the main story of Horizon Forbidden West last night. I really liked it. I was doing lots of side missions but just made a final push over the last few days. I think I will take a break from it and then try the DLC.

FW is such a massive game that it did require a couple of short breaks during my second attempt and full playthrough. No interest in the DLC tbh, I'd done enough. Great game, and still some of the best character interaction animations in any game, felt so natural. Albeit, Immortals of Aveum is giving it a run for it's money. Not as polished, but feels more realistic with the way they've done the conversations. Maybe that's just me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Started Nier Replicant last night and put about 3 hours into it. Absolutely love it, a really lovely looking, relaxing gaming experience. I finished Diablo 4 the other night and am happy to have something that's not overwhelmingly massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Playing Resident Evil 3 Remake on the PS5. This game looks stunning with ray tracing and 60 FPS enabled. It's my first ever resident evil game so I have nothing to compare it to from the series or originals but I'm loving it so far at almost 75% through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Damien360

Calisto protocol and it's one of my favourites for the year. Love the atmosphere of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Stupid question.

i have pre ordered spiderman 2 , being released on the 20th , but i can download it now is that correct?

Yep, but you can't play it even though it resides on your drive

thats fine , so once its released it can be played straight away?

• Advertisement

young lad has been on it since 7 this morning, pure coincidence he was too sick to go to school

Have to admit, a lot of meetings due today were pushed to next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭nedd

Started my 2nd playthrough of Cyberpunk 2077 with the 2.0 update. I love this game.

Bought the DLC last night. Did most of the first mission, really good fun so far. Looking forward to getting through the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Damien360

Playing FAR Changing Tides currently, one of the ps plus games. Simple puzzles but its an enjoyable little game. Has a feel like Journey. You are not quite sure why you are doing what you are doing but curious to see the ending.

Edit: just finished it tonight. Easy and enjoyable. Still not sure what it's about

Post edited by Damien360 on

The problem with Changing Tides is that it's a direct sequel to Far: Lone Sails. I was the same when I first played it but its still a great little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭KH25

Almost finished Spider-man 2. Really fun game and a great follow-up to the first. Have Midnight Suns downloaded to play next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Started Battle Chasers Night War last night.

Love it. Its a turn based RPG but not in the vein of final fantasy et al. Beautiful to look at and the combat is fun.

Spiderman 2 is sitting idle on my drive because of Cyberpunk

• Advertisement

Spiderman 2 is not getting as much playtime as I expected due to the non-Spiderman side missions ruining the experience... but I'll get there, because the actual Spiderman missions and side missions are great. Now excuse me from trying to stop a vicious hunter from killing everyone while I set up a date between these dudes and cycle a bike around a park.

Advertisement