Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

In response to the US sending 2 carrier strike groups to the eastern Mediterranean, vladi putin has announced in response he's sending aircraft to patrol parts of the blacksea announced during a visit to China today,,,

I'm sure the US are scared

@monseiur The Jews own, run, manage or control in one form or another almost all the major banks, media outlets, film industry and all powerful corporations etc. etc. in the US.

Not alot needs to be said..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

The Jews own, run, manage or control in one form or another almost all the major banks, media outlets, film industry and all powerful corporations etc. etc. in the US

It's funny how stuff like this goes. If this was said on a thread about immigration, or any other right wing adjacent topic, there'd be an army of people screaming "Nazi", yet on a thread like this it will likely be tolerated by those very same people.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭timmyntc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

That some people can criticize Israel without being anti semitic doesn't change the fact that around the world right now, Jews who are not Israeli are facing increased violence and threats. If this is all solely about Israel and not a hatred of Jews then why is this the case? It seems that "anti Zionism" is actually just a front for anti semitism in many many cases. In parts of Germany, homes where Jewish people live are being marked with a star of david, just like during hitlers rule. How is this anything to do with Israel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He is saying what a lot of them think.

At least he has the balls to state it clearly, If he wants to go on the beer tonight in Cork I can bitc7 to him about farming in the rain and he can blame the Jews for the weather and we'll get bollox drunk and chips after.

👍

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

I understand that and it's something I find deplorable but I also believe it to be a case of those who are already that way inclined are now emboldened to do something about it, the same with that Palestinian boy who was murdered by his landlord. Emboldened and more than likely spurred on by the 24/7 clickbait generating news media. These people didn't suddenly become anti-semites, racists or islamaphobes in the course of the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

A name given to a people and a geographical territory. Hmmmm now how could we shorten that sentence into a word, ah yes. COUNTRY.

Christ on a bike, between you struggling with the concept of a country and Gatling not knowing who came first the Greeks or the Romans.

Ireland was ruled by vikings, by Norman's, by British but we've always been Ireland. Now just apply that logic to Palestine.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,387 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

As though he could threaten a Mediterranean carrier group, much less 2 of them, with a Khinzal from the black sea. It would get picked up by Turkiye and would be immediate suicide for them. I guess this plays well at home, it makes no sense otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭jmreire

Generators. Its how most cities in a similar situation to Gaza do it. Across the border in Syria, generators are still a very common sight.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't an independent reporter have caught any video of a morgue being raided or bodies being staged.

This is boston marathon levels of 'please I don't want to read or entertain this level of clap.'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I assume both sides are importing the weapons they are using as you say to blanket bomb each other and shoot each others children.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,756 ✭✭✭buried

As long as all of these demonic Abrahamic religions continue to spew out their individual insular death cult poison, everybody else can forget about any sort of semblance of peace, at least anywhere these Abrahamic death cults have dug in their sandy goat claws. The Abrahamic religions are nothing but a tool of political power, generated in order to generate tiny economical hierarchies that benefit from the mass suffering and mass murder of the vast majority of ordinary citizens that fall for this Abrahamic bull$hit. This has been the case for centuries.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

And yet it was the Romans who gave the name Palestine in the second century which in maths comes before the 5th century,

Who was crucifiing Jew and Christians alike 2000+ years ago oh yeah the Romans, Christ, Christmas ,Moses

• Registered Users Posts: 39,998 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Irish citizens in Gaza, sounds like the Irish Embassy is in contact and telling to stay put.

10 kids under 5. What an absolute nightmare for them.

Where are freezer trucks shown rolling in and planting the bodies

I don't think this is reasonable to entertain without a lick of evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I don't disagree. I despise religion in general and the evil it has done throughout history. We've mostly done away with religion now in the west, which helps a lot. The people in the middle east are generations behind when it comes to education, enlightment etc. but hopefully they will do the same at some stage and have mostly secular societies.

That said, religion is of course not the root of all evil. Hitler and Stalin were atheists, like me 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

5th century BC(E) comes before 2nd century AD(CE).

Greeks-------->>Romans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭blackcard

Initially, I thought that the IDF accidentally carried out the bombing. On balance, I now think it was carried out accidentally by an Islamic group. Hard to prove in the fog of war. Both sides think they are dead right, the victims are just dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

The problem is that unless the pro-Palestinian movement internationally explicitly repudiates Hamas and anything to do with anti-Semitism, and up to now it has not repudiated Hamas and not been strong enough in repudiating anti-Semitism, the anti-Semites and Islamists start to cannibalise the movement.

I say that as somebody who has attended four pro-Palestine demonstrations in my life (one in January 2009 and three in July/August 2014) and as somebody who has immense sympathy with the Palestinian people and their right to live in peace with justice, in their own state, free of Israeli brutality and free of Islamist extremism. There are many good people within the movement and who support it but they are compromised by the headbangers.

This is the same dynamic as happens on the right-wing - ie. it's not necessarily racist in and of itself to express conservative views about immigration, but the people who are conservative on immigration but not racist rarely if ever repudiate the racists who agree with them and thus the racists take over their movements and thus they become racist movements.

With the anti-trans movement, again it's not hateful to have a genuine good faith discussion about issues relevant to this topic, but the people who wish to do that never repudiate those who are hateful who are on their "side" and thus the whole thing has turned into a thinly veiled hate movement.

Rinse and repeat with the anti-same sex marriage, anti-abortion, Covid "sceptic" movements, vaccine "sceptic" movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Biden slept the whole way over to Israel and then slept the whole way back.

With him gone, are we a matter of hours from this ground assault or has Israel been bluffing all along?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

You mean like a people like the Celts who were scattered across what are different countries. Apparently Celts called Britain and Ireland the "Pretanic Islands" . Romans called

Parts of the historic area referred in that article are in Jordan and also Syria.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

The best he managed was limited aid supplies going to South Gaza.

It really looks like there is less influence over Israel than people believe, especially since Biden missed out on meetings with leaders in the region which is a huge dipolmatic faux pas. Biden put a lot on the line and so far it seems he got very little in return, even after vetoing the UN Security Council motion.

Indeed, trip wrapped up in a mere 7.5 hours, though sleep schedule unclear. AF1 is still a flying situation room and there has been a lot of situation in the last 24 hours.

TEL AVIV, Israel (AP) — President Joe Biden swept into wartime Israel for an 7 1/2--hour visit Wednesday that produced a heaping dose of support for the Israeli people, a deal to get limited humanitarian aid into Gaza from Egypt and a warning not to allow rage over the deadly Hamas attack to consume them.

“I understand. Many Americans understand,” Biden said as he wrapped up his stay in Tel Aviv, likening the Oct. 7 Hamas attack to the attacks against the United States on Sept. 11, 2001, that killed nearly 3,000 people. “You can’t look at what has happened here ... and not scream out for justice,” he said.

“But I caution this: While you feel that rage, don’t be consumed by it,” he said. “After 9/11, we were enraged in the United States. And while we sought justice and got justice, we also made mistakes.”

[...]

Hopefully this is called off or seriously neutered into a photo op.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭m2_browning

No it does not

here is a history podcast from this July talking about their tribes of Israel from over 3000 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭jmreire

Hitler thought he had written the final post on the Jews, and in all fairness, he did his damnest, and failed. But one side effect was that the Jews will never allow anyone ever again to threaten their existence as Hitler did. If they are going to be wiped out, you can be sure that they will not go quietly. As to who is in the right or in the wrong in the present conflict, the answer is both are right and wrong at different stages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭nachouser

The lack of empathy for dead civilians on these threads is weird. Like, the IDF has no other choice than to kill civilians. Kinda makes you wonder about the posters ok with that kind of behaviour.

Advertisement