Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bout 45 minutes ago a faint smell of smoke.. 5 minutes later blue flashing lights.. I look out to see flames at the top of my neighbours garden wall… the fûcker is evidently burning the wooden building, the large garden shed / hut that he took apart….this is not legal it’s supposed to be taken apart, taken away and disposed of…. My, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom stinks of smoke now and so will everywhere… lots of other people are closer so I can only imagine the impact on them….

hes basically a scum sucking fûck pig… known for forever as absolutely hating spending money and being a lousy neighbour in every facet of his existence… he’s getting worse… any justice and he’ll be getting the bill from the state for the callout and hopefully reported and is in receipt of a nice fine or more…..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The hordes of people at the bus stop every morning who all stand to the left hand side of the bus shelter instead of actually going inside the shelter. When the bus arrives they all form a scrum around the door of the bus and then try to push and barge their way on. The main issue is that Bus Eireann always send a minibus at that time instead of a double decker bus that actually has the capacity to cope with the amount of people waiting at that time.

i’m honestly done with getting the 7.05am bus. In future I’m getting up that bit earlier for the 6.45am one. Usually at that time there’s half the amount of people and a double decker assigned to the route so it’s a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

TAed that in the time there's been 14 new posts in the Things dat Trivyully Annoy You thread there's only been one in the Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning thread. ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

It amuses me how much Irish people go on about NI Protestants having no culture while talking in American accents (the letter T is now pronounced as a D in every word) and using Americanisms and carrying on like they're characters in a sitcom (mostly the women in fairness).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Went shopping in M&S recently and brought in a plastic M&S bag that was a bit creased, maybe used a few times but plenty of life left in it.

The checkout lady was English and when she saw the bag, grabbed it and said “we can’t have you going around with that” and gave me a brand new one.

Fine, I thought to myself and packed my groceries in it. Upon checking my receipt at home I saw that she charged me for the new bag. Even though I didn’t ask for it & was perfectly happy to keep using the old one.

Think I’ll bring a Dunnes bag in there in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That's cheeky as fcuk. Reminds me of the time my friend said she'd hang onto the garlic mayo that came with her starter and have it with her main too. Waiter was like "Oh no worries, we'll bring you a fresh one" and then charged her €2.50 for the privilege.

Obviously buttons in the grand scheme of things but it's sharp practice all the same and leaves a bad taste.

Huge line of people queuing in same queue in Tesco despite there being one for card and one for cash. Maybe they should signpost it in crayons instead.

People (always 50+ women) standing right behind you, instead of in the queue where they belong, when you're scanning your items at self-service.

People (almost always 50+ men and women) walking right in front of traffic in busy town centers instead of walking a few paces down to a pedestrian crossing and waiting until it's safe to cross like even an 8 year old is trained to do. Outside Glasshouse Hotel and Ulster Bank in Sligo are notorious for this. I don't know how nobody has been killed yet. Give it time.

Rude behaviour from people in the service industry (almost always women <25).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Sat down with me tea and bickies to watch bake off....feckin football 😡😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

• Advertisement

It is yeah 😊 but I was all set for tonight 😂

Not at all, I know you were being helpful.

I'll just have to buy another packet of biscuits for tomorrow 😄😄😄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That the pharmacist gave me white bed time tablets that look like every other one I take during the day . I just know I’ll mix them up 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

on the plastic shopping bag thing...you go to the shop,near every thing is wrapped in plastic...bread,butter,fruit,veg,spuds... etc etc go to pay,ah shite,i forgot me bag,can i have one please...your charged for it but near every thing you put in it is in plastic and yet all we hear is "plastic is bad,youve to pay for your plastic bag"

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Schrodinger's Parking Space which I also call The Blue Peter Parking Space.

Its that space that isn't marked in a car park as a parking space that is right outside the shops front door. Is it a parking space or is it one you made earlier?

ffs with hundreds of marked spaces why does anyone think to park in a space that isn't marked and makes access to a store more difficult for everyone else?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Parking full stop.

any shopping centre, public area full stop just rotate your neck now to see average sized vehicles parked ridiculously badly imparting maximum inconvenience on those of us who would just like to pull up, drive straight into a space, fully between both lines… inconveniencing nobody..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Not my kids. I correct them every time they don't pronounce a t. So much so that I recently heard my 7 year old say to the next door neighbour - "what is a boddle? It is a bottle". So proud that my kids are growing up to be as insufferable as me 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The weather today.

Out in it all morning and lucky to get home.

Didn't make it unscathed though 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Managers who don't want to manage. Do you job or don't be a manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

A work colleague offered to get me a Starbucks coffee. I said I was grand but she came back out with a lime refresher drink. €6!! Crazy. Must sneak the money into her bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well it doesn't look like you are as badly hit as what I've seen of footage from Midleton with water practically submerging cars there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

This has REALLY started p!ssing me off lately now that the trains are getting busier and busier in the morning.

A$$HOLES who bring E-Bikes and E-Scooters on to rush hour public transport.

I swear to f**k, laziest pricks going. Space is tight enough as it is and they won't even fold the thing up.

Irish rail are going to have to enforce a rule about E-Scooters/Bikes on trains are rush hour.

What do you expect? You can tell what a person is like if they ride an E-Scooter or E-Bike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A nasty dose of upper back pain the last few days to add to the usual horrible levels, blaming the sudden drop in temperature etc.

Someone in the office is either burning a scented candle, or more likely using those room fragrance diffusers! Who the hell thinks everyone else wants to smell your choice in highly noxious perfume

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Probably that woman that was caught farting loudly? But maybe that was in someone else's office.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now."

Homer Simpson

:pac:

Women always at that because they want to get all the farts out of their system before they go back to their fellas. It's so transparent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Just over a cold, but have been left with an extremely painful spot up my nose. It’s also really itchy, but I have no way of scratching it without hurting myself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement