Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I only take a passing interest but I’m happy Europe won the Ryder Cup… the behaviour of US players, officials, caddies & fans etc at and around the course has been well short of anything sporting…pretty grim from them actually for such an important and high profile event…even with skullduggery and scummy antics they couldn’t break the European lads who seem like a good bunch and just play golf, not the mind games and dirty tricks of the aforementioned…

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭French Toast

Not working tomorrow, so I’ve decided to have a night cap.

Malibu and milk on ice, heavenly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching sky sports and reading the utd thread . 😷

tradespeople, who turn up at exactly the appointed time…

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pinch yourself, I think you might be dreaming.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I bought a 16 ft. stepladder recently. I love that the top wrung has little slots for things like paintbrushes, hammer, screwdriver etc. and there is also a fold out shelf for other tools and end a recess for a bucket or paint tin. Very handy to be able to have most of what you need at your fingertips when you're several feet off terra firma.

edits: spelling and correction of inches symbol to ft.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm in Berlin. Had some Brandenburg Crab Soup. One of the best things that I've ever had.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My parents had one this morning. Said he would be there at 9.30am and was. According to my mother, he worked all day and only took one break and finished the job at 6.30pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Sausages and spaghetti hoops with toast for dinner, woot woot :)

Shopping, then an old favourite pub for food and got to see the end of the United match there 😎

two excellent late late goals…Now extreme food coma time and feet up…. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Our morning inter city bus is very busy these days as college students are back and workers mostly have their holidays over

I get on at the first stop and there is no issue to put your bag beside you but etiquette demands you make the seat free as you get to later stops and the bus fills up

But some never do this and use the bag as a deterrent hoping passengers won’t ask to sit there

My hero passenger got on this morning and doesn’t stand for that nonsense! He asked a chap to move his bag and the first passenger looks backed blankly. And so the bag was lifted and dumped on his lap and the seat made free, huzzah.

Getting to the city we had a Ryanair disembarking scenario where the aisle was full. The first passenger was moaning he was stuck on the inside seat and not being let out but was sharply told the aisle was full and he’d be let out in a minute

Hurrah for a selfish passenger being put back in his box! 99% of passengers avoid confrontation but this guy was my hero for today.

i wasn’t looking forward to ringing my satellite TV provider but on waking this morning the service has returned.

A simple happiness , but getting up in the mornings. I’ve been having a bad time of sleeping lately which has caused my biological clock to add a few hours to my get up time . Almost back to ‘normal’ hours now

I finally got through level 101 on ball sort .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Finally got a replacement for my inexplicably paint and wood-stained hoodie.

The full zip fleece lined ones has been like gold dust to find the past few months.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

Our boss took a couple of us out for lunch today with no ulterior motives - just felt like it. Really nice lunch and a good chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Some of the stuff my elderly auld fella comes out with. Not sure if it genius, humour or both.

I have awkward neighbours (known to my father for years), “thin skinned types, insincere, two faced” were the words I used to describe them.

But the auld fella says “be nice to them, they can’t stand niceness!”

I thought, what a great line.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I bought a 6-pack of Tayto assorted crisps last night. I opened them earlier and there were 8 packets in it. (And it wasn't a special 6+2 offer.)

It's the little things...😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I left a Google review a few weeks ago for the shop I buy my dog's food from online. My latest order came today with a note saying thank you for the review and giving me a freebie. It was unexpected but a lovely gesture nonetheless.

The twix ad with the bears . Funny

• Advertisement

I found a free govt publication which is downloadable, that shows easy exercises which fall into all the categories that exercises should touch on.

I found this info hard to find previously, but this all home-based and uses household items for things like weights.

It has clear pics as well.

Ththth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Reminds me of a broken snack machine we had in work once. You'd pay for one bar of chocolate and 2, 3 and 5 or more would come out sometimes.

Free day tomorrow… going to town, hit my favourite shops for clothes shopping, grab some new stuff for winter. Need some jeans, shirts, and some sweaters / hoodies and footwear.

will pop into a nice cafe bar too that I’m overdue a return visit to, to see a family member and get some quality food served up to us…. It’s not terribly posh but just nicely comfortable and relaxing … Service, food, comfort and ambiance has always been 10/10 .. looking forward to more of the same…..hopefully ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

I've a custard slice in the fridge, and it has a proper layer of custard under the cream, not just the scabby line across the middle.

7.30 pm , my wallet is awol. About to go to bed @ 1.10 am, open my bedside locker to remove my phone charger but subsequently I observe the drawer won’t close… get my hand in behind to find my wallet had fallen out into the space behind the drawer….

so I can go to bed content… no phone calls, canceling of cards, no inconvenience tomorrow….Was about 90 quid in it too. 🥳

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Booked in for my next tattoo on Tuesday 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Owl wearing headphones? Gorilla with a machine gun? "Laugh now, cry later"? Jesus on the cross? Motivational quote you saw after googling "motivational quote tattoo ideas"? Star on the aul elbow?

Don't leave us on tenterhooks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Star Wars rebel alliance emblem on my right tricep.

Yes, I am a gigantic loser-y nerd.

One of the houses on the way out of the estate has put up a lighted spider web which has plastic spiders on it.

Past few days, I've walked past there have been at least two cats sitting at the bottom of the web, they look like they are trying to plan how to clime it.

Post edited by Bredabe on

• Advertisement

That I asked for 20 cigarettes , the young girl gave me 40 . TH is the youth don’t know about smoking

Advertisement