Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭xtal191

Ah ok, I thought it was a small crack on the glass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I had this very question myself the day I got it and I noticed it on some review videos too so it's ok.

If anyone here wants the Watch 2 for €250 give me a shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

...they've escalated it to tier 2 to get it through

What does that even mean? Sounds to me like some customer service BS speak designed to placate the customer and buy some time while they try and figure out WTF is going on. Good luck with it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Pretty much. Still doesn't stop it from being a s**tshow. If they refuse to honour the discount of the Pixel Watch they can shove their contract up their a**e and will be going elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Dozz

Question. Using Instagram on the 8 pro and I can't open any embedded links in people's bios. Tried a few on different profiles and none would open. This happen to anyone else or any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Works fine on my old 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭ForestFire

If anyone is interested, dxomark have their full reviews up now for pixel 8 pro.

I won't spoil the final scores....

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VegetaIRL8e

Sounds like a permissions thing with the IG app.

Ordered my P8P and PW2 from Harvy Norman. Have to wait till the 27th but least get to get all the full reviews before I even get it...possible return it. By sounds of it though I should be very happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

I placed an order for the Pixel 8 Pro through Harvey Norman which is a pre order for the 27th October and they are saying i can claim a watch on them. Through reading here this promotion seems to have ended on the 16th so I assume I'm out of luck?

Shouldn't they not be advertising this after the eligibility ended? (Still advertising on the site as of today)

Nah you should be fine, it only ended through the google store on the 16th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

Cant see anywhere on HNs website mentioning the free watch, only that the phone can be preordered - do you have a link?

Also the free watch promo ended 16th Oct - see promo website

To be eligible for a reward, you'll first need to have purchased an eligible product from a participating retailer between 4 October 2023 and 16 October 2023

You need to have purchased on or before the 16th, even with third parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

It's been taken down. It was there this afternoon! Ah well my phone decided to crap the bed a day too late!!

Anyone having screen issues with the pro? I'm getting a lot of juddery video and pixelation. Not good...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Can you be more specific?

Is this using a particular streaming service, playing back videos captured on the device itself, using a certain video player or some other use case?

Finally got the Pro from Vodafone yesterday. Only took them a week and having to contact customer support twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

My case only arrived late this week so today was first proper day out and about with the phone. Upgraded from Pixel 6 which already had a great camera but this is a step up. Having the optical zoom is great but I'm surprised by the quality of the front/selfie camera especially with wide-angle mode. Quite happy with that side of it so far! Good fun messing around with Best Take mode too 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

FYI for my fellow audio nerds - I had some issues with a USB DAC (iFi Gryphon xDSD) where with direct driver access from certain apps (UAPP and ROON Arc) it would disconnect after 20 or so seconds. Tidal with direct was fine, as was just letting it use the native (and crappy :) ) Android audio system. The fix was to enable Developer Options and go to Settings / Developer Options / Disable USB Audio Routing (On) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭traco

So far very pleased with the Pro 8. My baseline is skewed due to old phone battery being so poor but delighted with the battery performance. Only negative is that it seems slow to charge compared to my old Xiaomi which had fast charging. The Pro has adaptive charging turned on so not sure if thats slowing it down as its something to do with slowing charge and reaching full charge before you get up or something like that?? Might turn it off and see if that helps as I just want to plug in get a decent level then unplug, rather not have it on charge for prolonged periods like all night if I can avoid it.

Navigation is a bit different so still getting used to that. Camera is very good and way more capable than me. The magic eraser stuff etc all seems to work well if thats your thing, I've only used it for reflections in windows and its been very good. Other than that it does as much as I need as a phone. Its larger than my old one and heavier but that may not be helped by the case. Still slips into pockets of jeans so thats fine. Basically a thumbs up from me and with the free gift I can't complain about the value of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Adaptive charging only happens overnight afaik, and its better long term for your battery life (or so they say anyway)

Should fast charge as normal throughout the day

Yeah, if you set a morning alarm and put the phone into bedtime mode it will adaptive charge to be full just before the alarm rings.

Let me know ow when you get your phone from HN will you, I'm in the same boat but yes you'll get your watch 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Thinking of buying a Samsung 45w PPS charger. I know the P8P will only charge at 30w. But the charger on Amazon is at a decent price. Currently have an original Google charger and a 25w Samsung charger. But I'm using an original Google charger in work. And it's only 18w. Do you think the P8P will charge much quicker with the upgraded charger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Anker have a number of options available, some discounts only if your prime members, if you would consider them?

Trying to decide myself what to do.

E.g. Anker Nano USB C Plug, 30W High-Speed USB C Charger

I hadn't been actively using the P8 since I got it last week as I was waiting on Mous to deliver my case and screen protector.

Yesterday was the first full day using the phone, I don't use 5G so was in 4G from 8.45 until 6.30 and was on WiFi for the rest.

Watched one YouTube video at lunch time and streamed Audible via Bluetooth in the car. Then had Spotify going while I was in the gym.

Very happy with the battery so far considering I have the screen set to 120hz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Davexirl

This happened me on the Pixel 7 Pro before, deleting and reinstalling Instagram fixed it.

Cheers. I was on to Google helpdesk and they advised a factory reset. done that but still have an issue.

Looking for a refund now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭TheRona

A refund on the phone for the Instagram issue?

Advertisement