Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG C3 at 1900 Euro 65" at Powercity after discount !

• 18-10-2023 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16 manchesterisred77

Hello All,

Thinking of getting the deal but do you feel prize will reduce further during black friday /christmas ?

Kind Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

Problem you'd have will be stock, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

They were originally €2,399, Harvey Norman selling it for €2,199, Power City are giving €200 off if bought online. Given that its the latest model, its a great price for a 65", if you're in the market for one 😁

The 55" version is coming in at €1,499, including €150 online discount with power city. So ultimate question is, would you pay the €500 more for the 65" ?

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

I paid €1200 with, I believe €1100 being the absolute cheapest, for the 55" in BF sales last year for the C2.

So I'd say there's another maximum potential saving of €200.

Hard to predict these things though.

AT the very least you'd expect it to be available for the same price in BF / late November sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Coming up as €1999.95 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭jj880

TV pricing is very odd this year.

Very.ie sold LGCS6 55 inch for 660 euro in March this year. Never been anywhere near that low since anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 manchesterisred77

There is button for instant cashback of 100 Euro.

I missed the deal when C2 was on 1649 at powercity . but it got discontinued soon after . If CS6 below 1400 would be a great deal i guess

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Thats a good deal ! will wait it out then . not in a hurry to buy . thanks !

Hopefully you noticed the 55" comment. 😅 Keep an eye on RicherSounds, I think you can set up specific alerts for products from them on HotUKDeals rather than them directly.

There are also discussion groups on that site which will still be useful if you are willing to drive to NI to a UK specific retailer (or even Curry's!) and might have a few Irish users looking for the same or similar.

Usually RS have same deals for Ireland and the UK but there can be UK/NI only deals that would be in store only as a result. There's even some deals they might not do in the Belfast store!

You can always ask PowerCity to price match RicherSounds, no guarantee but they've done it for me before (Irish site only!) .

To be clear there's no guarantee it will be €200 cheaper or even go on sale, it's just what would be expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Romero

I bought a 65" LG C8. Oled from Richersounds back in 2019 and it's still going strong they also gave 6 year warranty on the TV as well which is a great for peace of mind

• Advertisement

They're top quality.

Bought a display sound bar (Monitor Audio) from them and they were great with how they helped me when it had an issue after setup.

They organised a replacement part for me to install (rather than me driving up or messing with a courier), I installed it but issue still there. So I asked them, considering I opened it up already to install this part, can I look at the input board with no issue warranty wise and they said yeah.

Did that and fixed it, but just appreciated their re assurance.

I wouldnt buy a button battery in Power City, a shower of cnuts. Good luck getting a refund if you get the telly home and unbox it and decide it doesn't fit or something, no refund/exchange cause the box is open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭jj880

They may well be a bunch of cnuts but in a case where the TV doesnt fit I wouldnt expect a retailer to accept a return if TV is out of the box.

Up to customer to measure up in my opinion.

Update : Just bought the C3 65inch from Harvey Norman at 1700 Eur . Powercity was 1750 , and HN was 1900 , but they price matched to 1750 and reduced further 50 with free delivery .

If anyone is interested to buy this . !!

Decide it doesn't fit?

It doesn't change size out of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭wassie

Bought a 65 C3 from Richer Sounds for £1499 (€1726) + €6.99 ROI delivery. Took 3 days to deliver. Comes with their 6 year guarantee.

Website now showing £1599 (€1841), but may be worth a phone call to say you saw it at the cheaper price.

If you have ever have to return a TV, Richer Sounds after sales service is brillant - they actually give customer service. You can even talk to them on Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Been looking at the c2/c3 all year . I’m torn between that and the Samsung q90b. Always been a Samsung guy .

not sure do I even need a new tv . Are they worth it for ps5 ? Using a 2017 Samsung which I guess is out dated.

Does size matter?

Any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭wassie

Hard to make a comparison as the Q90B is a (Q)LED, whilst the C2/C2 are OLEDs. Whilst both have their advantages and disadvantages, OLED is considered a superior picture with a price tag to match (google LED vs OLED).

One difference between these 2 brands is their high end HDR formats with Samsung supporting HDR10+ whilst LG support Dolby Vision. But only useful if the content you are watching supports these.

not sure do I even need a new tv .

Yes you do!

Are they worth it for ps5 ?

LG has a great gamebar app but PS5 doesn't support Dolby Vision so no real benefit.

Does size matter?

No such thing a TV thats too small in my book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Any deals likely to be had before the end of this year or early next year? I'm interested in the LG C3 48".

Advertisement