Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOATS

• 19-10-2023 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, anyone got any Old Irish Goats? I have contacted the Old Irish Goats Society but they are not ready/willing to sell any. There are adds on various sites purporting to sell them but they rarely are the real deal. Notice to online sellers...an Irish Goat is not the same as an Old Irish Goat breed. HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A friend of mine keeps some, I could ask him if he has any for sale. What exactly are you interested in, young, old, male or female and roughly whereabouts are you located?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭RockOrBog

Mod: I appreciate the humour but "No!".

Post edited by greysides on

• Registered Users Posts: 10 doodlesack

Sorry for the delay in responding. I am interested in a male and maybe two females. I think as young as possible so they are manageable. But anything will do. If you can work something out your friend can get me direct on <MODSNIP>

Mod: Don't post personal email addresses. It's not wise.

Anyone wanting to contact doodlesack can send him a PM, and if they wish, they can share their email address by that medium.

Post edited by greysides on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

No worries I can ask, whereabouts are you located?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭1874

Are goats easy to keep? in terms of any requirements or cost, my house is on a small gated plot and was thinking of 1 or 2 goats to keep the lawns down, the ground is flat but not manicured.

Are there any specific requirements for keeping animals (Dept of Agriculture) or costs? It's likely I have Foxes and nearby in an adjoining field a neighbour sometimes has cattle or a few horses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭1874

I was thinking 2, preferably from a younger age so they could grow up around my dog who is very sociable, I'm trying to find out if there are any regulatory requirements, especially in a rural area near livestock. If they are difficult to keep, effectively as pets? I'd be thinking of females. While I've never seen any foxes in my garden which I'm ok with, I've seen a good few cubs darting into hedges when driving and signs that I think are fox scat in my garden, I think adult goats would hold their own against a fox, but I don't think so when they are younger. My main objective is to let them roam the largish garden to keep the grass and hedges under control.

Advertisement