Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭denismc

I am currently looking at picking up a 2nd hand ID3 and I am a little confused about the specs.

I see a few cars online with the "Family" spec, I thought this was only available in the UK, are these cars UK imports?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

I posted some pdfs last week, not sure how to link the post on mobile but it should be in the previous page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Put the reg numbers into motorcheck and it will tell you if they are UK imports or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

No, this model was on sale here in 2021, when I bought one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

So the ID3 is going back to the garage. The option for timed charging is not there and all the online services are in place. They are going to do a software 'de-bug'.

The second problem is related to the range. When the car came back from 3.2 it was completely wiped, all app services and users gone, it also had a battery module replaced. The GOM has been reading much lower since the update. I would normally be seeing 450-460km range, now its down to 395 and maxed at 402km, no change in commute or temperature (winter is not here yet). I had a loaner 58 kw Born that was estimating 370km range over the month for the same commute, the 77kw should be giving nearly 100km more range.

What type of range are other Tour owners seeing at present ?

Is there anything I should be asking them to check or is there any test I can do to see if something with the battery cells is not right? I think @Rusky rusky may have had a bad cell issue, but I could be mixing them up with another user.

Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Booked in for next week to get the charge flap replaced at last, plus my second set of puddle light replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭fits

Our puddle lights are gone too. Not that bothered about replacing though.

handpref our tour range is 450 km at the moment. It has got about 60k km up on it.

Yeah I wouldn't have bothered about the puddle lights either, but since it's going in for the charge flap I might as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Comer1

I wouldn't be concerned about the GOM, in fact I never even look at it on my car. Has the kWh/100km changed for your usual journeys? Are you getting any less km per % than you were getting before the update?

• Advertisement

Back to 400KM (used to be 450+) fully charged this morning. 17.0 consumption. Born was 17.1, yet gave a consistent 370km range.

Hard to know km per % but it looks like its sitting around the same, leave with 100% get into work with 89% type thing.

App also stopped working last night. Very frustrating.

All historic data from the past 38,000km's was wiped.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

it also had a battery module replaced. The GOM has been reading much lower since the update. I would normally be seeing 450-460km range, now its down to 395 and maxed at 402km, no change in commute or temperature (winter is not here yet).

Since the battery had a module replaced and the software update was done it almost certainly needs to be taken down to <10% SoC and up to 100% at least once (if not twice) so that the BMS can relearn what the battery is capable of.

I'd try that before sending it back to the dealer and losing the car for another few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Has anyone had climate issues after the 3.2.1 update? Hard to get an answer on the Born Facebook group I'm on as too many people drive with the bloody climate or AC off...

Yes! It was a software problem. Went into dealer and they sorted it quickly.

If anyone is looking for a tour we are considering selling ours before the full 3 year warranty is up ( August 2024). Brilliant car that brought us around France etc with no issue. We want to get something that can tow a small trailer and carry our bikes.

What was the issue? Is it that the AC is tied to the auto strength?

Since the update, the "Max AC" option is muck. If you need to clear the window after getting in, you have to go into the auto settings and change it high, then go back and hit max AC.

But if you leave it on high then when you go back to auto it's blowing a gale.

No our ac stopped working altogether as in it wasn’t blowing cold air. . Mechanic said it’s like the software couldn’t see the compressor. Or something to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Mine is crap now. When in Auto with AC on I notice the windows are fogging up or it's just generally not doing anything. Upping Auto to 2-3 doesn't help as 2 and 3 are the same fan speed and it's still too low. Max AC (which I never needed prior to the update) either doesn't do anything and requires turning climate off and on or when it works barely blows, it's not using max fan speed and struggles to demist the windscreen. It also seems like nothing seems to be coming out if the driver vents at times when upping the temperature, it sounds like it's all going to the windscreen.

Passenger climate is on despite the seat being empty and climate showing 'Eco'

Something definitely isn't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

Any idea why my scheduled home charge failed this morning?

Had been working fine on 3.0 but last night I bumped the charge level up from 80% to 100% with pre heating.

That was the only change I made.

At departure time I had a toasty cabin at 45%.

il see what tomorrow morning brings but as it stands I’m down about 80km of range -450/460km should be what it’s at and that’s been consistent from new.

Max range of 374km which is less than the 58kw Cupra born loaner used for the same commute.

I can’t even get the photo orientation right below, it keeps moving it sideways ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Spotted an Id3 failed to proceed on the Wexford road outside Enniscorthy, it was getting help later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The GOM is based on historical driving conditions, you can’t compare two cars like that.

mororway driving at 130kmh v bumper to bumper driving at 20km. Alsomits got colder arranges are dropping around the country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi

My 1st edition was fitted with the Goodyear tyres which VW have on re-called.

Have been offered a choice between Continental - EcoContact6 ContiSeal Airstop or Michelin - E Primacy SelfSeal Air Stop

Have done a quick Google search and Continentals get poor marks for grip in the wet. So Michelen ?

Any drawback with Michelen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Have continental econtct6 and have had no problems with them in wet conditions. Did long journey from Sligo to Killarney in horrible conditions last week and no problem.

Thanks @ted1 , can you offer any suggestions why my car is missing 80+km's of range since the battery module was changed and update applied?

Check the photo, it bottomed out at 374km- the car has never shown less than 410 previously and that was in the depths of winter (-5) roasting it on the motorway. When it went it in to the garage it was a steady 450-460km..

The Cupra is comparible, 58kw battery pack, 3000 km covered, data reset when I picked it up and GOM was consistent at 370KM, problem being that's a 58KW and mine is a 77kw. same commute, same traffic, same conditions. All advice welcome- only got 6hrs charging last night up to 66% or 294km, 48km commute has it at 55% and 229km.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭CoBo55

They're on mine too and I haven't had any problems.

Conti eco 6 were faultless on ours- only replaced with all season due to my location.

My range appears to be coming back @KCross - up to 440km this morning where it should be at. Thanks for the advice 👍🏻

Can someone with 3.2 confirm that I’m missing an option on the charging screen. I have no timed charging option however for a split second second this morning a box appeared and then disappeared. Should there be a menu option where highlighted in red below ? 👌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

You will get a dropdown menu in that spot which allows you to change between "Charge immediately" and "Charge at preferred times".

If you dont have preferred times/locations setup then I guess the menu wont appear.

If you do have them configured and its not appearing then that would sound like a problem. Maybe do an infotainment reset in that case to see if it resolves itself.

Advertisement