Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Elite Strap with Battery in da house yo!

Will test it later tonight

btw I got confirmation that Quest+ will work for all accounts attached to the headset, so really I've no need to factory reset my device to get my main account as admin, so I'll just keep it as is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭jj880

Excellent. I guess the only thing left is Asgards Wrath 1 PCVR. Does it appear in both PCVR accounts in your Oculus PC app?

We might have some Asgards Wrath 1 fans on here that want it in their main account with the rest of their Oculus PCVR library.

Ah the problem is I already have it for my main account when they did that freebie thing a couple of years ago (for Quest 2 I think???) so I wouldn't be able to tell.

From what I can tell, only Quest games are shared between accounts, but I've no idea :(

I guess one needs to weigh up:

"Get €60 in credit, but require to log into the other account when I want to play Asgard's Wrath"

vs

"Get no credit, but have Asgard's Wrath in my main collection"

I was a bit bored playing Asgard's Wrath on PCVR, so it might be a moot point for many

But players who are new to Quest will get €30 credit and Asgard's Wrath so no worries there for them

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Had a quick look at the Dock. Clearly overpriced but something I certainly wanted in place, as I'd never bothered with the likes of the Anker effort for the Q2, despite looking into it.

No problems just setting the unit down, connection made every time. Comes with the batteries for the controllers so they just get swapped out and then they can just sit in the cradles. Just used the charger that came with the Q3 (18W) but will hook up a 45W to it next time I'm in the house. Clearly overpriced for what comes in the box, but something I wanted in place for when the Q3 is in regular use.

Swapped out the facial interface as well, which is certainly an improvement over the default one.

Still want a proper couple days with it before deciding about a return of the headset for what appears to be a dead pixel. It's really not noticeable at all when just playing In Death or whatever, only if you try to focus on lense distance etc. It is somewhat left of center which probably helps, but it'd be a shame to have any issue exacerbated whenever the prescription lenses show up.

Early impressions are decent though. Obviously need some Q3 stuff to really judge it, and will hope to get stuck into some PCVR stuff over the week. Probably one area it could do better in is the grey blacks inherent with LCD, but it's already a jump in price over the Q2 while still needing to be attractive to the casual market, so OLED (which can have its own issues to be fair) was probably never a runner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

having trouble finding a 512GB at bricks and morter, any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Tried out Pianovision today with my digital piano on the Quest 2. Forgot I had bought it previously.

Had to use a USB cable connected from the quest to the piano so it knows if you're playing the right / wrong notes via MIDI.

It's a pretty awesome way to learn songs quickly and shoes sheet music if you want also.

The only problem now is that I want a quest 3 for the the superior and colour passthrough! 😜

Mixed reality is going to be a game changer for education.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭paulie13

Zenni lenses arriving Monday. For anyone thinking of ordering, I went down the Address Pal route (€6.50) and got hit with customs of €10.30, so not too bad considering.

only option seems to be online at Meta.com at the mo... everywhere else out of stock

I discovered another limitation for non-admin accounts... you can't stream to the mobile app, only the admin account can.

Apparently it should be possible to stream to 3rd party devices though, but I only have a firestick and I think the only option there is a paid app.

• Advertisement

Was looking to upgrade my HD Chromecast to a 4k Chromecast for better Quest casting. We use a 4k android box for a lot of streaming but its 3 years old now so now waiting on the latest MECOOL box to release this month with latest CPU/GPU. FYI for anyone who does similar MECOOL boxes have Chromecast built in so it will be cheaper to upgrade 2 devices into 1 and also free up a HDMI port on my TV.

Ha damn.. I still haven't had a chance to test mine yet!

Not good but Im betting Meta will sort this out in the next OS update.

I would like to thank everyone with a Quest 3 for helping sort any release bugs.

I'll be picking 1 up next year. A 256gb model hopefully.

I guess total playtime with and without elite strap plugged in would tell the story.

Have you ever dreamed about having a pool table in your home? Now you can!

Thanks to Mixed Reality and Miracle Pool, you can place a virtual Pool Table in your home, walk around, and shoot some balls. You can also play against friends or against other online players.

https://www.meta.com/en-gb/experiences/5796340207136099/

Oooooh. Great use of MR. More of this please!

Free on applab. Getting great reviews especially with Quest 3 colour pass through.

got it thanks.. will try it this weekend.. need to make sure I clear the living room :)

Just gave it a quick try. It's good even on Quest 2. Placed a pool table over my kitchen table so I could lean on it. Really cool as I have no room for a real pool table!

I have 1 friend with a Quest 2 not far away. Must get him over for a game.

ah nice suggestion to have a real table to lean on

you said you had no room for a real pool table, so is it smaller than a real pool table, or how were you able to size it to your kitchen table?

• Advertisement

I have room if I throw the kitchen table out but dont think the fam would enjoy eating off a pool table 😆.

Gave it another try. Its a normal size pool table as far as I can see. No option to resize but once you place it you get 2 handles on the table to adjust placement and height. They seem to be still adding settings/game modes so maybe resizing will be included in full release.

My kitchen table is about the same size but rounded at the edges so when cue ball went near the corners I did have to hover my left hand. The gameplay is really good though. Realistic physics and table/balls. The novelty of having the table in your own surroundings is a winner.

nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I ordered last Friday, delivered on Tuesday morning !!!

Some really great MR stuff being posted online. Blaston, Eleven Table Tennis, MiRacle Pool. Looking really good.

Hoping Meta add some kind of "Quest 3 Enhanced" filter on the store to keep track of whats available.

It's from the same Dev as Black Hole Pool which is class. They really overhauled the game recently and have a good multiplayer lobby you can play in. I'll have to try out miracle pool when I get that quest 3.

Ah thats why it looks and plays so well. No doubt the colour pass through would be great but honestly its really good on Quest 2. The mono pass through makes the blue table and multicoloured balls pop but you still feel relaxed as you can see your own home around you.

Bobovr M3 Strap available on Amazon UK to UK mainland only. Should be available from Amazon.de soon I'd say.

Why this wasnt ready sooner is a bit of a mystery. Retrofit kit not available yet either...

EDIT: seeing multiple reports that M3 is shipping with B2 battery pack which outputs 15w. Quest 3 needs 18w to maintain charge. So B2 pack will extend Quest 3 battery life but not enough to hold / increase remaining charge. Weirdly there seems to be plans for Bobovr to ship a more powerful battery at a later date which will be compatible with M3 strap. Worth noting if you play for extended periods. I usually like taking a break after 2 hours max.

Post edited by jj880 on

Update...I discovered I needed my developer account to be admin if I wanted to sideload etc so I ended having to factory reset.

Quest+ 6 month trial still available but alas Asgards Wrath 2 no longer so it seems to be headset specific rather than account specific so I'll need to still login to the new account to play that. No biggie.

But I can confirm that unactivated freebies carry over to whatever admin account you use even if headset was activated previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

My daughter has a quest 2 and has offered to let me use it occasionally. Are there any cheap zombie games that anyone could recommend?

• Advertisement

Dont see anything cheap but I have to recommend Resident Evil 4. Its 32% off at the moment. Down from 40 to 27 euro.

Im not sure if 25% off referral links work on discounted games. Maybe someone else can answer that? Plenty here can provide you with a link for RE4.

If so that would take it down to 20 euro. The only thing to worry about would be your daughter never getting her Quest 2 back 😄. RE4 is 1 of the best available. A steal at 20 euro.

Edit: just read that Sales and app referrals dont stack. Still a good price at 27 euro.

Advertisement