Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I didn't take it as being smart. I guess it was an obvious question. It's odd though, I didn't select that option. I assumed it was to do with plugging into a house socket, not a charger.

I wonder if it's to do with the app. The routines section is broken for me in the app. I get a blank screen. I've raised a ticket with Cupra support.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

How are you guys doing with your tyres? I have 23k.kms done in 13 months and rears are just barely legal, fronts not far behind. Getting them replaced next week with the cupra care plan. I suppose I was doing a bit of launching which was addictive enough at the start, I'll see how long my 2nd set lasts.

Bridgestone Turanza 18s, they are being replaced like for like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I've been meaning to measure mine, I'm at 15k and starting to feel the back end slipping a bit more. I'm shocked they've lasted this long as a lot of people online said the Continental EcoContact 6 will barely do 8-10k. Need to get the back wiper as they didn't have it when getting the front so might do the tyres at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Did you get a pop up, there are changes to your settings etc? That could have changed it. I find that very annoying.

Did you have the upgrade done to software? Mine did that too post upgrade. I hadn't seen it before upgrade. It was on by default after upgrade I noticed it one day charging in work it was very slow. I won't be turning it back on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hey folks,

Would a sticky at the top of the thread be a good idea?

"Essential steps when you get your Cupra"

Such as the Cupra app, details on software updates, best apps for monitoring charging, best apps for charging points, tips and tricks?

There are 46 pages on the thread so a sticky at the top might save a lot of time and reading.

Just a suggestion 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Ev fan

I had the same problem with no routines and hence couldn't do timed charging. (Have a dumb home charger). I eventually managed to figure it out. My "home" location was no longer recognised by my car even though it was parked outside the house as always. It turned out that the Sat Nav was a little off for some reason. I managed to find an edit button for the Sat Nav which allowed the current car location to be reset as the home location. Enabled that and Hey Presto! Routines function came back working. I was certainly relieved as I didn't fancy needing to go to the dealer for a fix.

Is it just me or is anyone else's climate acting funny after the update? I put auto on level 3 and nothing seems to be coming out.

Sometimes the climate screen shows air coming out of both sides even when the passenger seat is empty and it shows 'Eco'. There's times where the arrows have no colour, meaning they're turned off, even with auto on and I have to turn it off and on again.

I've noticed the windows misting up even with auto/AC on as I'm getting in and out of the car with wet clothes from the rain which causes more often so it's obvious not on properly. I must reset settings somewhere.

The update to the Cupra Born software has given me nothing but issues. The first was the inability to create charging routines. Then it was setting the reduce power option automatically, so I didn't have the car charged in the morning.

The latest issue is that the charging options on the app are inaccessible. Image below.

But when I try to access it, I get a blank screen. Image below.

I've raised the issue with Cupra Support. There first suggestion, delete and reinstall the app didn't work.

My software is updated and looks different to yours, I got caught out with that slow charging on AC nonsense the first day after getting it back but no problem switching it back to normal

• Advertisement

Is your phone Android or an iPhone, that might account for the different look? I'm on iPhone.

Android, no I'm talking about different options available that you are struggling with.

Is there an android available in your house to try now that you say it?

I've dark mode on accounting for different look

I'll try with a different phone actually. My wife has the app but I think she can only login as me. Not sure, but I'll check it out.

The reason I want access to this setting, is because the slow setting in the app works different to the one in the eManager in the car. With the slow setting in the app it can still charge to 80% overnight but the one in the eManager only gets to 40% or so.

@Buddy Bubs I'll be interested to hear how long the tyre change takes, do they want it left in for the day or is it like a normal tyre centre where you stick around until it's done?

He said we're not a fast fit, it will take a while.

I've to drop it in and take a replacement car and come back at end of day. They said they have plenty of Borns to give me this time, I mentioned I didn't like the Arona and he said yes, we've addressed that.

I was given an Arona last year while something was being done on my previous car. There was something about it that felt really bad to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

From the UK website. Anyone get this yet?

I haven't seen it myself but it's good to see them do something proactive like this. Saves having to go and get it checked at a dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

Any suggestions or recommendations for replacement wiper blades?

• Advertisement

Bosch Aerotwins

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

Thanks. AP30U? Assuming VW ID3 fitment is ok.

Any difference between Aerotwin and Aerotwin Plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I put Aerotwins on mine, they aren't great I have to admit, I'm still getting a bit of judder from the passenger side.

I've had the OEM ones from the service plan for two months now and the driver side is smudging on the return wipe only, right in front of my eyes too. Car is due a wash, but even after wiping the blades they weren't that dirty. Guess I'll polish the glass and see if that helps as brand new wipers shouldn't be smudging so early...

Don't know if the OEM are Bosch, I usually go for Aerotwin and never had issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

That’s a great idea re sticky in the thread for new users

Be aware, this is not applicable for 3.2.1 + because it's already part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Ev fan

I asked my dealer about 3.2.1 - knows nothing about it even though other dealers around the country seem to have installed it on some cars. Brought my car to the dealer today for a Tyre recall check. While doing that they connected my car up to the Cupra system to check for potential updates (3.2.1??) etc. On returning the car they said my car's infotainment system was fully up to date and is now on 3.1................(even though my car was a wk51 2022 manufactured- which should have put it as 3.2 as apparently 3.2 was introduced from August 2022). I mentioned again about 3.2.1 introduction and the latest software update information from Cupra UK. Dealer said they would try to find out some more in a few days. On the way home playing with the infotainment system it did seem to be faster and more snappy in changing screens- or of course I could be deluding myself. I think I should go now and lie down in a dark room for an extended period. Seriously, can anyone shed more light on what Cupra is doing with software/ 3.2.1 etc etc?? - I would like to get clarity on what is exactly going on.

Not sure if this is totally accurate. I had my software updated at the dealers a few weeks back but it still says outstanding when I look up my VIN.

• Advertisement

Advertisement