Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

It never used to rain this much, did it? I'd say over the last 4 months there has been no more than 3 days where it hasn't rained for a sizeable chunk of the day.

It's incredibly depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The constant ads on YouTube I get about a door cam that magnetetlly ? to your door . Surely and would be robber would just unhook it and fire it away .

another TA is how my spelling has gone to shyt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It's more when I'm on the bowl and the phone is out of reach

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That I can't be what I want to be for my wife, I even see myself walking into it but somehow can't divert, it's a TA because I'm trying to fix it but I'm doing that the wrong way too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Out of frustration because of those ads I've signed up for YouTube Premium

I'm a night owl and would watch too much of my subscriptions getting/falling asleep frustrated because of 'read it on Autible, a trailer for some random bollocks'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

You're the reason we all have to suffer lol.

By the way the ads in UK and Ireland are worse than some other countries. If you have a VPN connect to Asia it might be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Wouldn't mind so much but of all the waste created by pumpkin buying and throwing away pretty much all of it by ppl.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

At least it's compostable waste.

Today's TA: Forgot to bring my leftover pizza home from the restaurant last night. Would absolutely mill it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

This stupid sign at M&S on grafton st

Also, the lack of option to rotate photos on boards.

Edit: sorted!

Post edited by retalivity on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Take a screenshot of the picture, it'll post the right way up (go figure...).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Not to mansplain to you take a screen shot of the photo an then upload it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

"Yo dawg, so we took a photo of your photo..."?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Archeron

Why do some deli staff ask if you want your sandwich cut in half and if you say yes, they do the most half hearted attempt, cutting through only the top slice and half the filling.

you'd think cutting bread would be a key skill in the sandwich business.

Post edited by Archeron on

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

T.A. Pointless mundane dreams.

Had a dream last night that I was selling a friend's ticket to a music festival. There was extra charges added to the ticket as my friend had paid for VIP access for one act and also a cloak room ticket.

The whole dream was just me trying to explain to the person I was selling the ticket to, why these extra charges occurred and why the ticket was not priced at base cost, which they didn't seem to understand.

I haven't been to a music festival in probably 8 or more years and I don't think I've ever sold a ticket for a friend, so I have no clue as to why I'm dreaming about such a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

14.15… and my neighbour calls in for the most mundane, non time sensitive reason….to impart some information that if done tonight, tomorrow or even never, wouldn’t have made any real difference. The aroma of almost cooked lightly spiced corned beef and vegetables fills the room as I’m seeing if there is truly any point to the visit beyond “ ahhh sure I’m doing nothing anyway, so in I go “

the visit lasted about 15 minutes where he rabbited on for about 13 minutes at Sunday lunchtime about his family, social issues, new neighbours and for 2 minutes the ‘issue’ relating to property…..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Can we wire up all the treadmills / hamster wheels around the country in all the gyms to the national grid ? All that energy and money being wasted. Such a shame. 😁😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Can’t sleep and I’ve a craving for a Coke Zero… there are 4 nicely chilled in the fridge… however I’m not getting out of bed, going to the kitchen, going to drink one and having to re-brush my teeth again… meh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Lifehack: If it's Coke Zero it has no sugar. Just rinse your mouth with water and bread soda, no need to brush.

Follow me for more helpful suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The amount of ppl with seemingly zero comprehension/reading skills lashing out at writers bc those ppl "don't understand" and make it the other person's fault.

Pro tip, if you don't understand what is written, look it up or read it till it makes sense.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The "Meetings That Could Have Been An Email" brigade. There's one chap in my place who's notorious for it. Lovely guy but he loves the chats so puts Teams calls in for absolutely EVERYTHING when most of the time a quick email or Teams chat update is all that's required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Having issues with laptop so dropped it into repair shop on 14/10. Guy diagnosed a motherboard problem & said it would be at least a week before it would be repaired. Got update this morning - not likely to be fixed until at the weekend at the earliest.

Normally wouldn’t bother me but am on annual leave this week so it’s a pain not having a laptop. My own fault, should have brought it in for repair when the problems started in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Pissing it down with rain again today so had to expect the usual lunatic parking. But it takes the biscuit when you have to stop behind a car while they parallel park on a pedestrian crossing.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Council worker / contractor doing road works all dressed in black at night time.

Also council worker / contractors cutting pavements / road with angle grinder, jack hammers etc etc and not wearing eye protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Tesco self service, machines one side card only, other side cash (and card)

All occupied briefly, myself and a woman queueing. One of the 'Cash' ones comes free and I said to the woman go ahead, she was there before me. She said no - I have a card and I said that one will take either cash or card.

I don't think she believed me and didn't move so I went ahead and paid for my things by card. I'm TA'd she didn't know.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Last night I saw only at the last second a pedestrian crossing the road. Thankfully I was driving very slowly and braked on time.

1. It was dark.
    2. He was crossing on a pedestrian crossing, but...
    3. The chap was wearing dark grey (one could say tarmac coloured?) shoes and slacks, and a hoodie with large, horizontal anthracite and white stripes.

I mean, in my defence, how could anyone see clearly someone that looked exactly like the road?

Post edited by New Home on

Thought I'd successfully engineered a client call-free day, but no, one just got put in for 4pm 😭

My job (in client service) would be so much easier if it wasn't for clients...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

People standing around the tea station chatting like mad and holding up other people up that want a cup of tea 😒

• Advertisement

Lifehack: Fart. That'd clear the place very quickly.

Follow me for more helpful suggestions. 😁

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement