Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dust under the keys of my laptop!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Shop vendors getting huffy when you want to see the amount you're paying when tapping with card when they input it. Yes I want to see what I am paying for. How hard is that to understand? And then when I ask to see they get huffy. Happened me a few times today. Wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yup, happens all the time, and it's the height of ignorance on behalf of the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

For the first time in my life I asked to speak to a manager. I always give people the benefit of the doubt (having a bad day, don't know what's going on in their life etc)

However, on we go ....I was in the supermarket. I was buying an item we use a lot of so I always try to take from the back of shelf (stock rotation and all that)

I moved the front item out of the way to get the back items. A woman was stacking the shelves beside me but I wasn't in her way, she was about 2 foot away but her stock trolley was blocking the shelves so I was squeezing past it.

So anyway I moved the item, took my item put it in trolley, went back for second, third and fourth item . I was returning to get the fifth and final item when she put the original item back in its place, which I removed to get my fifth item. Well she lost the head at me over doing that.*

This was the third or fourth time she's had some sort of strop....If I see her stacking the shelves I usually try to come back later.

So yeah I complained as I seriously doubt I'm the only one she has done it too. I also don't appreciate being given out to.

* yes I've worked in retail too and I know it's annoying when you've everything faced off and a customer comes along and ruins it, but 1. The whole purpose of the supermarket is for customers to take stock off shelves and 2. I always face off the products if I've moved them....I sometimes even face off products as they've been stacked arse ways 😂🤣🤣

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Ublock origin no longer works on Youtube. I disable it on Youtube and Youtube still doesn't work so now I've reinstalled Firefox with an adblocker that works on Youtube.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Looking for a multi-pack in a local shop, I could see as I came it was on the very top shelf way out of my reach. I asked the person behind the till to get it for me(given its proximity to the till and what used to be H&S) I was told I would have to get it myself as they were too small to get it.

I must have looked annoyed as once I was at the side of the counter I tried to reach up they said if I couldn't get they would try. But I could stand on the edge of the display if I wanted to.

So when I got it down, a crack was made about how much taller I am than they are( like a half inch and twenty years older) then it was at the top end of my budget and I started to get those shooting muscle strain pains. Ta

As the staff member smirked at me giving me the item, I fired off an email to their HQ about how unsafe it was to force staff to reach so far over their heads to reach stock without the proper equipment to support them in doing so. They emailed back, giving me a rundown on all their safety measures in place that week, Was in again a couple of days later, no sign of any of the measures mentioned in the email and I still had the muscle strain from reaching so high for such a long period of time!

*Obv I could have told staff to f off and get it themselves but I wasn't in an emotional space to deal with a hissy/spiteful member of staff or delay while they tried to find a member of staff who was better placed to get an item which was 6 feet off the ground.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Less and fewer are not interchangeable. I really can't stress this enough.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What adblocker would that be? Asking for a friend...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's definitely not AdBlocker Ultimate, that's for sure. No sir, I'm a reformed man who views ads and thus would never advocate AdBlocker Ultimate.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yes, my friend would never be caught dead using that, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Well I couldn't care less and I give even fewer f*cks 😂🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Went to look for vol au vent cases in three different shops / supermarkets.

two out of the three shops the young fella and girl I asked, didn’t know what a vol au vent was…

first….he looked at me like I asked to walk into his house and asked piss in his washing machine…

second place, girl hadn’t a clue…

third, knew what they were, went off to check with a colleague… “ sorry, we only get them in the lead up to Christmas “

what the thundering fûck is Christmasy about vol au vents….? and how would anyone working in food retail not know what they are 👀

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Did not realise exactly how lazy a colleague was until they came back from leave, then it's all I could notice 🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

went to lodge some money into my bank account…first time in aeons..I present the cash, explain to the guy there what I’m doing….

” ok, before I authorise this lodgement, I am required to have you answer a security question…. How did you come by this money ?”

im thinking, ‘if I stole it from wherever, or acquired it by nefarious means I’m not going to be telling the cûnt that ‘

so the truth …. “ I had savings just sitting at home building up during covid but it’s too much now and for common sense security reasons I’m lodging it now “

he looks confused… he taps his table with his fingers for ten seconds , bites his lip, sighs… looks behind him ( there is only a wall ), then reluctantly “right, ok,”…

during the whole interaction im getting looked at with absolute suspicion and distrust like this money, just a couple of grand might be part of the proceeds of a significant six figure cash in transit robbery or whatever….

We've a horde of tiny black flying insects in the kitchen. I've no idea what they are or where they came from but they're everywhere.

H. H. Asquith

Obligatory "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Irish people that use English Imperial titles when talking about someone.

Sir this or lord whatshisname.

🤬🤬🤬🤬

Have a bit of dignity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My brother used to always do that when referring to Alex Ferguson. I think he just did it to be annoying, though.

(I presume you're not just talking about hereditary titles.)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's very funny when Irish people are triggered by small things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Work colleague complaining to me about being overwhelmed by work. I think he was angling for me to help him out. But, as I've said here before, I've taken a step back for exactly this reason. Things need to go to sh1t before management will take any action. So I tell him to inform the managers. Nah though..........he won't do that. Just whinge and make sad puppy eyes at me. He can fcuk right off.

Any title. We live in a republic where people are equal whereas the UK recognise some as "better" than others. ie if you are a very good chap (or an evil bastard) you will be elevated above the great unwashed as a peer to the gentry. A disgusting system imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Being trivially annoyed is not quite on the 'triggered' level. At worse, there might be rolled eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

On my way to the bus stop this morning, as I was approaching the main road, a smoker appears suddenly and starts spluttering, coughing and spewing on the footpath. It was revolting. To quote Alex in A Clockwork Orange, he was being “a b@stard with no manners, without a dook of an idea how to comport himself public-wise”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The humanisation of advice on grocery packaging. Stuff like 'I am green', or 'shake me'. With the daddy of them all being O'Donnells curry sauces 'cool' instructions on the tub.

Eff off!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I did connections, but made a balls of copying it 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I feel as if every little error or oversight I make at work is another step towards me blowing my chances of passing my probation period

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Plugged my phone in to charge Yesterday and it wouldn't charge.

I noticed a burning smell slight smell.

I bought a new charger and it wouldn't work.

I then remembered I had a charger in my room. It didn't charger but I got a terrible burning smell and it the connector was roasting hot.

I need a new phone.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement