Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Connacht have somehow made a blowout game a real contest again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,430 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Poor decisions there brought Ospreys back into this. Three clear chances to get out of their own half with a kick there but played themselves into trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Woeful second half. Forcing offloads and silly mistakes like Kilgallen there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭fitz

Serious line for that try. Hopefully that snaps Connacht out of it...they really have been poor this half.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭OldRio

Class by Forde. Hopefully steady the ship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Mack 😂

His hand mouth coordination is not up to scratch.

Prendergast has got through an enormous amount of work.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭fitz

Carty got some studs in the face there, looked sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭Shehal

Obviously no-one is going to able to replace the level of bastardery that O'Mahony brings to the field but in terms of work rate I dont think there is a better candidate to replace O'Mahony than Prendergats atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Seems I have the kiss of death on this Connacht team when I say positive things. So I will revert to normal. Felt that Ralston was very poor with all the opportunities he was provided. But I would commend the team selection and hope this blooding of players continues. And fair play to Joe Joyce. He had a super game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Good result, good performance in parts. Felt the back three weren’t at the races at all. Joyce and Prendergast the pick of the forwards. Prendergast looking more and more a test player.

JJ looked decent at ten, a solid first half anyways. Blade has some try scoring record. Forde and Farrell had a solid outing. Forde in particular could push on for higher honours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Disappointing that they let Ospreys get a TBP but overall that was a good workout in the opening game missing so many. Forde, Prendergast, Blade, SHL and Joyce all very encouraging.

I think the lack of experience in that back 3 showed. A bit excitable at times but I think adding in Porch will bring them on. Smith went pretty well for a debut. Fierce shame we won't see Cordero this season from the sounds of things. He'd have made mince meat of the Ospreys.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

Auinger had a great game.

Thought Smith had a bit of a mixed bag, burned one on one for a try and made a few mistakes and could have been carded, that said he kept showing up and took a couple of nice high balls. Enough there to think he'll grow into a good player.

A lot to like about the defence, some really big hits out there, could be a weapon when we settle into it more.

All in all a very satisfactory opening day of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Cathal Forde!!! Wow

Not sure how much Smith would have played at 15. Thought he looked a little dodgy with the positioning defensively. Looks like a player who’ll have all the attributes of a good winger though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Carty got a forearm smash to the face and then hit the deck. He then had to go off because of it. Ref and TMO should have reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭testtech05

Was at the game and as he was walking off he had a huge gash in his cheek. Looked really nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Conor15th

Not sure if the cameras picked it up but in the 79th minute ospreys number 14 lashed out with a kick to the head on Joe Joyce while he was on the ground. Will be interesting to see will there be any further action

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Looking at the game in general, well the result was achieved. And like any game there are improvements that can be made. So Kilgallen, Ralston and Smith weren't great. But much like my post after the team selection, I believe they have to be given a chance to bond before you revert. So give it another go is my take

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭ersatz

He got stood on as someone was pushed out of a ruck when he was on the ground. Lucky it was his cheek and not his eye. Hope he's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭kita99

I Looking att last saturday's match, I thought that Connacht has a problem at defence especially at own goal position. They have given up so quickly. I think that it is caused a little partly by mental strength. So I hope that Scott Fardy will give a good inspiration to Connacht players. Scott has played rugby at Kamaishi Seawaves in east north area of Japan in his 24,25~27,28 years old time, and at last he encountered the famous Tsunami there (March 2011) that killed and missed (even now after 12 years) people nearly number 20000. He survived throuth it,and help people (many were isolated) left with no power, little food and water in several months as a volunteer. He worked to deriver food ,water, another life essentials for the people who were suffered (many people have lost their family and houses) by mega disaster. That area is known by very complex and steep terrain similar to the coast area of co galway and mayo. And at that time, the Tsunami has destryed and maked melt down Fukushima nuclear power plant. almost whole countries at once ordered their citizen who had lived in Japan back to own countries for avoiding the nuclear pollution. We japanese all were afraid of radiation dosese every day. But he remained for the people in Kamaishi area although strong order by Australlian govenrment to go back. People who know him in Japan can't never forget him and his contribution as a hero. Japanese government belatedly showed appreciation formally aftermath. After that difficult volunteer work, he went back Australia, and has played rugby again. A few years later, at last he has become wallabie at 29 years old, and has gotten 39 caps. I want to say that Connacht players must not give up for Ireland caps.I think that his rare experience will be useful for their growing up.            

He said by himself that he leaned human abirity for the resillience from such a disaster. He has been one of the mediocre rugby player at young ages. So he went to Japan for seaching the new place. As a result, he changed his thought of life and work (according words by himself) and realised his dream by working hard. I don't know how he has felt and accepted that situation. Now he is in Galway, I'm sure that he will be very good mentor and teacher. https://youtu.be/0E2Q7kr4L2c?si=7nMIm9OD1UGd6Y5Yleast. (Tsunami incuding Kamaishi city at 11th may 2011) https://youtu.be/9H5JsggHHoI?si=BwUaQaY-GY6DwfZy (destruction ofFukushima nuclear power plant) these are the realities that Scott faced.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭RonnieL

The URC put this out ahead of round 1. Apparently elixirr crunched the numbers and we're going to finish 12th. Might be worth revisiting in the summer to see how accurate they are!

Would fancy finishing ahead of scarlets, lions and ulster anyways. A long season yet to go but the signings look promising

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭crusd

That is really bleak from a Welsh point of view

• Registered Users Posts: 24,242 ✭✭✭✭phog

Connacht play Lions in Galway, that's advantage Connacht, Lions host Leinster & Munster in Rnds 14&15, both teams could still need match points at that stage so they should be playing best available rather than sending an academy team there.

Is anyone else having trouble accessing their season tickets on the app? Mine was working fine until about 30 mins before the game but since then I am getting an error saying the site cannot be reached.

There were a few of us at the gate with the same issue

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Mine is working fine so you might have to get on to the branch.

As an aside, it's definitely worth screenshotting your ticket once it's back - saves hassle at the gate, waiting for the site to load etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

We were told at the gate that the app had crashed, thankfully we both had it opened from earlier and had no issues getting in.

• Advertisement

Got on to the branch. Cleared the browsing history on the phone and logged back into the app and was able to access the ticket again. Made sure to screenshot it this time. In case anyone has the same issue just fyi

Advertisement