Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strictly Come Dancing 2023

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I really like Krishnan too. And Ellie is amazing!

Angela S does seem to be getting some grief alright, but at the same time she does seem to be taking it all on board and not letting it get to her. They seem like a good crew this year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I'm amused by Angela Scanlon's obvious reluctance to wear fake tan. She looks positively Victorian in her skin tone by comparison to the others.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

She is right to stand her ground. Her skin tone is perfect with her red hair.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

She definitely is eager to take everything on board. I like her partnership with Carlos.

He was lovely last year with Molly, they fought their way through so many dance offs! I think this year he can have more of a light hearted way with him that matches Angela's.

Someone like Krishnan is what it is all about, for me. The sheer joy on his face the last night at the end of the dance was fantastic to see.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I hear you about Krishnan. Every year I'm waiting for the next Darren Gough and he might be close. Though the faster dances he seems to struggle with. But he's giving it a fair crack!

Oh I've no problem with it - just interesting to compare.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,551 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That wig really suits Lauren. Much more than her own short hair. And are we going to mention Bobby's trousers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Really enjoyed this week. I love watching Ellie, Krishnan, Bobby, and Layton dance.

Watching Krishnan improve each week is a joy. Lauren is an incredible dancer and a great teacher. Layton and Nikita are amazing to watch, and I hope he makes the final but doesn't actually win.

At this stage, I think Ellie would be the most deserving winner. Vito is a great addition to the pros, finally a bit of personality coming out after the loss of so many likeable characters like Aljaz and Oti.

I sincerely hope whatever has gone on with Amanda that Giovanni doesn't leave the show as some are suggesting may happen. He's just too good to lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Giovanni must be so pixxed off, after last year as well. The show suffers when he’s not in it. I thought it was almost perverse giving him a male partner last year, backfired spectacularly.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Zara versus Adam in dance off. Zara out, unanimous decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Thank god Zara is finally gone. Graziano also annoys me so that's a double win for me!! Now everyone that is left are people I enjoy watching so going to be harder to see people voted off from now on.

Have a look at this - Dancing With The Stars tribute to Len Goodman. It's absolutely beautiful. Poor Bruno is in bits at the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Navy blue

That was just lovely. He seemed so well loved by all those who worked with him. Strictly has never been the same since he left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭gidget

So just been thinking schedule wise, whether we're looking at the show finishing a week earlier than scheduled with them being a dancer short now that Amanda's gone?

From what I have read elsewhere, it will apparently mean a three couples final, rather than four.

It's often a 3 couple final anyway.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I loved Ellie and Vito's American Smooth. She's getting better every week, and Vito is definitely a great addition to the show. He brings the same upbeat fun as Aljaz used to, and he's a fantastic dancer. Still my favourites to win.

Krishnan brought the entertainment as always. Him and Adam definitely the weakest now, but I just love watching Krishnan so I hope he stays in a bit longer.

I usually hate the sob stories, but Annabel's situation is so recent and raw. Her dance was a beautiful tribute and she's very strong just to keep going every week.

Agreed. I think Ellie and Vito deserve to win, they have been so consistent, and give great performances week in, week out.

I was very moved by Annabel's story (and I'm not the most emotional person) but that was beautiful, and Johannes was and is the perfect partner for her.

Krishnan never fails to entertain me, and the way he talks about what Strictly has done for him, and just the sheer joy he brings, I really hope he stays as long as possible.

I think Adam or Bobby will go this week.

• Advertisement

I haven't watched it yet, but the gossip on social media is they set Adam up to go next. After being in the bottom two last week, and having to miss some practices due to his rheumatoid arthritis, they gave him a rumba this week.

Strictly Spoiler is not out yet.

The results are in:

Angela R and Adam had to dance off. The judges unanimously saved Angela R. Adam was eliminated.

I'm glad for him, the poor devil looked shattered last night.

I'd say the arthritis didn't help amd he seemed to be doing a good bit of work on Waterloo Road, along with Strictly.

To be fair, I think they have the next dance planned before the live show. When they are talking to the contestants that have made it through, they often say ‘you’re dancing the X next week’.

Thought Bobby and Ryan were the poorest of the night. Krishnan made a lot of mistakes but I think people like him as he is obviously having the time of his life and is a genuine novice. It’s amazing looking back at clips of him before Strictly on the VT, he has lost a ton of weight doing it. He looks fantastic.

Absolutely loved Ellie and Vito’s dance, real old Hollywood glamour. I think she could be the one to watch.

Absolutely loved the pro dance tonight. Was expecting some Rememberance Day dross, so that was a pleasant surprise! I suppose we’ll have that to look forward to next week 🙄

They should get Oti to choreograph it more often. It was amazing.

• Advertisement

Think Ryan can feel a bit begrudging at that result. He definitely improved in the DO and Angela made a glaring mistake at the end that the judges didn’t mention. It’s so obvious they want to get her to Blackpool to have a ‘full circle’ moment.

Craig must have lost his 10 paddle. Layton and Nikita's Argentine tango was outstanding.

Ellie's rumba was very good. Not her best dance, but really good for a rumba.

I don't think Nigel is going to live up to his potential. He was better this week, with no obvious mistakes. But it was still missing something. I thought Katya looked amazing, but as a couple there was something missing.

I'm still really enjoying Krishnan and his samba wasn't bad. He's the weakest dancer now, but honestly I'd prefer to see Angela Rippon go before him. What she can do is incredible given her age, but I just dont enjoy watching her. She made a big mistake tonight but was let away with it by the judges, so they'll probably save her if she's in a dance off anyway.

Still hoping Ellie wins!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

Rooting for Ellie & Vito too. Loved their sexy rhumba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I didn’t like Layton’s AT. The music didn’t suit it and and it was too frantic. He’s clearly Shirley’s favourite so he’ll be there to the end

i thought Angela R’s Paso was over marked.

Katya’s smile is incredibly forced the whole time.

• Advertisement

Krishnan versus Angela Rippon. Krishnan went home.

Post edited by Ezeoul on

The Argentine tango was amazing. Even though Layton won’t win, I bet Nikita is really enjoying being able to show everyone what he can do. He is a fantastic dancer and I never really saw it before. It’s a pity we don’t see more professional level dancing on the program. I don’t really care about it taking from the competition, I just like watching incredible dancing.

The votes are in....

Krishnan and Angela R had to dance off. The judges saved Angela R (Craig, Motsi and Anton saved Angela R. Shirley would have saved Krishnan). Krishnan was eliminated

I'm going to miss Krishnan. If there was a prize for just bringing sheer joy week in week out, he would be the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Xander10

Not for me personally.

The show needs contestants with certain levels of ability ok.

But give me someone like Annabelle, any day of the week. She looked so stiff and awkward week one, I wrote her off for an early exit. But she has come on leaps and bounds and made me a fan.

If it was that cook show, Layton would be on master chef the professions and not celebrity master chef.

Is anyone shocked at the results tonight? I know I'm not.

I'm also very cynical about Shirley's claim of who she'd have saved, especially after all the other judges have already voted.

I think the result is pretty much as expected. The two weakest dancers in the dance off, the weakest one eliminated. Just sorry to see him go. Definitely a loss of joy and entertainment. I hope she goes next though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,551 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Angela Rippon was always getting to Blackpool.

I'm disappointed for Krishnan. The producers definitely had a hand in the decision tonight - they wanted the story of Angela Rippon back in Blackpool where she presented Come Dancing all those years ago. Craig even said she messed up. Shirley only voted for Krishnan to make it look slightly less neat.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I can't help feeling that even if Angela had fallen over, they'd still have found a way to get her through, just because it's Blackpool next week.

I was really hoping that Krishnan would get through somehow, although that samba was pretty weak in fairness.

I thought Craig was spot on explaining why he didn't give a 10 to Layton - similar to what he said about Nigel and La La Land, he looks like he's dancing on stage or in a film - not as a partner in a ballroom competition. God knows what will happen during couple's choice next week - he'll go off into orbit, probably!! Or self combust with self-satisfaction.

Angela Rippon should go next week....I think it's getting more difficult for her now to keep up with the others.....although she's still amazing to have gotten this far.

Johannes comes across so well in interviews. A real sweetie

Hard to tell who the professional is here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Completely agree with Craig, Layton was out of time throughout the dance. It was a very good dance but they were not in sync. Shirley never sees the faults with Layton. No doubt another 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

They're both pros as far as I'm concerned.

I just adore watching Nikita let loose - Layton not so much, he's just a bit stage-y for my liking, but long may he last so I can continue seeing Nikita dance!

That was dreamy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I agree , they're a beautiful pairing, loved the dance.

Disappointed with the opening pro dance!

Layton is a professional dancer. The dance was excellent, but not to my personal taste. I hope he doesn't win, but want him in the final as I do enjoy seeing Nikita able to showcase his talents.

I loved Ellie and Vito's charleston. I love Vito.

• Advertisement

Layton won't win because everyone knows he's already pro.

I thought Angela Scanlon was phenomenal. My fav AT this year by a long way.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement