Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moon landing hoax

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

So you've entirely abandoned the green screen claim? Numerous links have been provided that gps exists over the ocean, so you should probably just pretend you didn't make that claim as well. There's no debate about gps working in aviation or sailing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I think Markus can safely be ignored. They will not address when their claims are found to be bunk, so why bother?

Next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,760 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Heres a screen grab from a video on Youtube of an Irish guy on passage from Bermuda to The Azores.

He is 334nm from nearest land (Bermuda) in this screenshot, yet knows his exact latitude & longitude... How? Is he in on it too?

You've gone awful quiet @Markus Antonius ? Or is it a case now we'll just see another moon/spaceflight hoax thread pop up in a few days saying "yeah but"...... "all those people in the other thread are in on it too"

Here he is 845nm from Bermuda and 845nm from the Azores... so 845nm from the nearest land.

I get that some people don't believe man landed on the moon, and thats fine, good luck to them.... but to claim spaceflight is a hoax...... I mean thats right up there with flat earthers in the loony bin!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,746 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Lidl must be in on it too as they are selling satellite meters, €8.99 IIRC, saw them in stock yesterday.

I got one a few years back and used it to successfully align a dish quite accurately at the exact spot in the sky a geostationary satellite would be if positioned 28.2 degrees east of due south.

If they existed, of course... 🤪

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Another success from India.

I wonder why the decision was made to make it a success. I imagine if someone had actually figured out the conspiracy, they'd be able to make predictions of this before hand.

Also, I can only assume that the Indian government and space industry is also in on the conspiracy that only involves a few ex-CIA freemasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Henry James

I see Nexus magazine has a story re moon hoax. They claim a death bed confession as far as I can remember. I don't buy that magazine, just saw in a bookshop while waiting for someone.

They make some explanation regarding how NASA could have faked the communications from the apollo flights. I can't remember now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,231 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The faking of the transmissions to and from Apollo craft would have required them to launch the Apollo craft, and then block anyone listening in from receiving the earth based transmission to the craft, and also nobody noticing double the expected delays in communication between earth and the craft as everything would have to go earth to moon to earth( fake Apollo craft) to moon and back to earth for one line of communication.

The usual claim from the majority of believers were that the Apollo craft actually went around the moon, but didn't land. (Or didn't land people.) All of the transmissions were sent from the capsule that was in orbit around the moon and all the radio traffic and telemetry was scripted to pretend that they were doing the landing.

The missions were tracked and listened to by sites around the world as well as amateurs and if course the Russians, so these scripts would have had to have been perfect so that no inconsistencies existed. Also they wouldn't have been able to communicate the real situations as they'd have been different from the scripted one. For example Michael Collins would have had to pretend that he wasn't cramped up in a tiny space with Neil and Buzz while they were supposedly on the lunar surface.

The major issue here though is that we are being told that all space flight is impossible and fake, so this can't be the method the transmissions were faked.

We can only assume that anyone with the capability of tracking the craft were also in on it. So we have to at least add the Australian government to the small team of ex-CIA masons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭SeanF

Just so I'm clear on this:

Moon Landing Hoax believers believe that NASA (a) hired 400,00 people, (b) built 14 full size rockets, and (c) flew all of them into the sky somewhere, but didn't land any of them on the moon? Okay.

I mean, seriously, we know the 14 rockets were built, there were literally millions of people watching the Apollo rockets lift off from the Cape. 1 million people turned up to watch Apollo 11.

Yes.

They'll claim those rockets went up beyond visual range, or went into space, or maybe even went close to the moon, but never that they landed on the moon.

As for the 400k employees, they'll claim that most wouldn't have known, would have been tied up designing whatever systems. And that only a core group knew of the secret plan.

Ah the old reliable of the supposed "deathbed confession/conversion", I think every famous atheist in history is reputed to have had one at this stage 🙄 if you want to misrepresent someone's views but you're a coward, just wait until they're dead and can't refute you

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BailenaMbocht

20,000 of them flying around at 17,500 mph without propulsion systems but no collisions ever. The 20k doesn't include "space thrash". Satellites do not exist as advertised. All communications are ground based.(huge towers) Same with the overwhelming majority of data transfers.(under sea cables)

A tiny bit of research destroys the whole satellite myth.

At any given time there are between 8,000 & 13,000 planes flying at the same time, in a much much smaller operating space than outer space… when is the last time 2 of them crashed into each other?

Do please share a tiny bit of research that proves satellites are fake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

These towers would have to be pretty tall to overcome the curvature of the earth, perhaps you could give us the gps coordinates of one so we can check it out?

Even if the earth were flat they’d still have to be pretty tall to overcome topography.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,627 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

You do realise you can literally see them with your naked eye. The starlink satellites have been annoying astronomers for years, the ISS is very easy to observe if its not cloudy....

Iridium flares...

Is the moon a fake too? No propulsion system but it keeps on orbiting the earth, what's the deal there like?

Scrap the cap!

Satellite TV. Point your dish at satellite, it works. Point it elsewhere, it doesn't. What's going on there?

Also why would millions of people be involved in a giant conspiracy for over 70 years to fake GPS, communications, TV, space launches, private commercial launches, satellite phones, everything?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So if there was just 20,000 people wandering aimlessly around an otherwise unpopulated island of Ireland, how long do you think it would take for you to bump into another person? Space is bigger, a lot bigger, and it's three dimensional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

All commercial communications systems use either cable or ground-based antenna/dish transmission. No magical floating satellites I'm afraid. Having said that, there are means of transmitting signal through battery powered, balloon mounted mechanisms, drones or manned craft but only in exceptional military related applications. You often see US antenna craft flying around the ukrainian border in Romania or in the black sea. These are likely aiding US surveillance in the region or potentially the ukrainian military themselves with much needed communications capability. Here's one flying around right now:

These would be typical models used:

Starlink satellite network is nothing more than fraudulent marketing for Musk's internet provider and his own ego. There are no satellites.

The very fact that he cut off the use of these "satellites" to ukrainians is proof that commercial internet does not use satellites but is ground based like all the others, starlink is no different.

Why would he cut off the use of the internet to Ukrainians? Because there are no satellites as we are told. All ground based.

You're back, any response to the below?

Is there some sort of convenient communications plane constantly flying nearby or how does it work?

OK. So all commercial communications systems ans their employees are involved in this conspiracy to pretend the world is a globe.

Previously you where claiming that it was just a small number of CIA guys doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Zizek_style

Kubrick directed it. Total hoax. Better than India's attempt though! Next.

How is the cutting off access to a commercial service which was being provided for free to a particular area proof that satellites don't exist? The service is still available elsewhere to paying customers.

The cutting of free access to Ukraine just shows Musk is a £&#@.

planes fly at 400 mph and can maneuver, change elevation etc. They are all controlled by people .

Satellites and space debris are at the will of gods(20k plus of them) moving at 17,500mph through space while also rotating with the earth at 1040mph. This while moving through the solar system at 666,000 mph. No collisions EVER

All these insane speeds and directions but these satellites can hold a location in space and record the earth.

I cannot prove a negative my friend. I'm not saying it's impossible, just i cant do it. The burden of proof is on you. It's difficult for me to prove something doesn't exist

Search Russian space agency footage. Its hilarious that anyone believed it as fact.

China space agency pretty ridiculous also

It's funny how it's pretty hard to tell what's a troll argument and what's a genuine argument.

Guess we're adding all of the people flying this invisible transmission planes to the small group of CIA operatives too.

Any evidence against the conspiracy can be dismissed as part of the conspiracy with no evidence or reasoning to support that accusation.

Even if you give a conspiracy theorist the evidence and proof they ask for, they will ignore it.

A lot of the flat earth stuff is very religious in origin. Mixed in with people wanting to be contrarian and edgy, but don't have the spine to go full holocaust denial.

There's plenty of grifters out there too who capitalize on this kind of stuff and abuses peoples willingness to believe obvious nonsense by recruiting them towards more dangerous obvious nonsense.

• Advertisement

Moon landing conspiracies are a bit of fun and a useful tool to teach critical thinking skills to children. If you're an adult who still believes in them then I'm very embarrassed for you.

Okay, you are the second poster to make this bizarre point.

You do realise that is computer graphics representation on the right?

There isn't a camera-man on the moon pretending to film this..

I can't believe this has to be explained here, twice.

1. Most satellites have small boosters and can maneuver (some without boosters can use drag to do basic maneuvers)
    2. There have been collisions in the past.
    3. Human beings, using computers, can predict the orbits of thousands of objects in orbit with a relatively high degree of accuracy
    4. Satellites aren't "moving through the solar system at 666,000 mph" in additional speed. Movement in space is relative. Standing still you are standing still, but relative to space outside our solar system, you are moving at hundreds of thousands of mph.

Ignorance (or disbelief) of something is not an argument against it.

They have no propulsion system. Literally out of control at impossible speeds.

I' not trying to convince anyone of anything. It's really really difficult to admit you've believed a bunch of nonsense most of your life and most are unwilling to even entertain these ideas.

Who said "It's easier to fool a population than convince them they've been fooled"

But a lot of satellites do have propulsion systems. This is easy to verify, but will no doubt be dismissed as part of the conspiracy.

Must be nice to have that kind of out and never have to be wrong about something.

What propulsion system does the moon have? , the moon is a satellite

On a clear night you can see the ISS for yourself. I've seen it. Here's a site you can use to calculate when and where it will be visible in the night sky

Can also see Starlink

Amazing how convincing someone can be when they say it with confidence.

1. No air in space therefore no drag
    2. So much contradiction with this in the astronomy fantasy circles. You have endless stream of articles with headlines "Satellite hit with asteroid" "ISS threatened with space junk" or other such sensationalist crap. I have argued this very point with the sceptics in the forum before, there are 16-25 thousand manned airborne craft at any one time and none of them collide with each other over prolonged periods. The chances of anything colliding within the expanse we are told the satellites occupy is practically zero.
    3. No they can't. If there were satellites and a means of tracking them, then there would be a tracking app such as flightradar24 etc. The US didn't even know there was a giant chinese balloon flying over them until civilians spotted it.
    4. You have a very bizarre perspective on relativity. No data to show that space outside our solar system moving at hundreds of thousands of mph relative to your standing position.

"Ignorance (or disbelief) of something is not an argument against it"

This has been the skeptics greatest tool for years

• Advertisement

1. Satellites in low earth orbit can use drag
    2. There have been collisions, e.g. in 2009 between two communications satellites
    3. Orbits are predicted, they don't just lob them up there and hope for the best. Anything above a few inches in size is tracked.
    4. Speed of movement in the universe is relative. The earth is rotating, and it's moving around the sun, and our solar system is moving through our galaxy. Our galaxy is moving through space. Relative to earth you are standing still, relative to e.g. the sun/solar system/galaxy you are moving at different speeds. Speed in the universe is relative.

I've seen these concepts explained to you as someone would explain to a child. No one can help you get them but yourself.

This has been the skeptics greatest tool for years

You can look up to the sky and see certain man-made objects orbiting the earth yourself.

Oh you're back again? No answers to all the previous points your brought up being destroyed before you ran off with your tail between your legs huh Markus?

Why were you so convinced the "Blue sheet" was used for CGI purposes? How do you feel now it was debunked? Do you think 20,000 is a large number or something? Did you not check there were websites that track satellites before you pulled point 3 out of your hole? Do the public need to track them over say, flights considering their orbits are stable for long periods of times?

Post edited by Giblet on

As you said in your post above "ignorance of something is not an argument against it" - this post is yet another example of not practicing what you preach. You are using your belief in NASA as evidence for NASA fakery. It's no wonder the lies propagate so easily.

As an engineer, I simply can't let you spread dangerious disinformation with point 4. You seriously need to do some more in depth study on how relative motion works.

I am currently not moving (or am at least moving within a boundary of a few mm). The earth is currently not moving relative to me. You say "our galaxy is moving through space". Space is not a an object, a point of reference, a thing that moves. You are essentially saying our galaxy moving relative to nothing. What data do you have to prove that we are moving relative to nothing? Can't wait to hear the response to this.

The non-inertial engineer.

Sorry Markus, no one believes you are an engineer.

You have demonstrated that you do not understand basics of physics like Newton's laws and motion.

You are simply lying here.

Yea, it's the usual tactic of believers to simply ignore difficult points that they cannot answer.

You should take the fact thay Markus is pretending he can't see your post as his admission of this.

• Advertisement

No they can't. If there were satellites and a means of tracking them, then there would be a tracking app such as flightradar24 etc.

There are loads of websites and phone apps which will show you the location of satellites at any moment in time. You can even search for ones which are visible to the naked eye in you location and it will tell you exactly where to look in the sky and at what time. Of course you need clear sky and minimal light pollution.

Now of course you'll now tell us that the flares from satellites are being faked by someone flashing a torch from a high tree out past your back garden, or someone in a plane just waiting around for the exact moment that you happen to look up at the sky... But who is then faking it for someone else's night sky viewing a few hundred miles away, and how do they know who is going to be looking at the sky and when so that they have someone with a torch sat in the right tree at the right time?

I know engineers, and wish the bevy of bizarre beliefs you've expressed here, I don't believe you are an engineer for one second.

You didn't address any of the points. Motion is space is relative. I was addressing the post by the other poster who posited that satellites were moving at "660,000 mph", which is major red flag and likely arrived at by adding up all the numbers of relative motion in the universe (which is something I'm aware only flat-earth believers do)

If conditions are right, why aren't you looking up to the night sky to see the ISS passing over?

There are apps that will literally hold your hand and show you exactly where and when it will pass over your location, if conditions are clear you will see it with your own eyes (it's pretty hard to miss, one of the brightest objects in the night sky)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Don't look up!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭Hoop66

not sure what point you're making. I was guessing a propulsion would be needed to avoid collisions or for it to be placed where needed

• Advertisement
Advertisement