Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah think we'll probably do something along those lines. Will just have to submit our car for trade-in estimate again because it's only valid for 7 days apparently. I was talking to BYD dealer and he said he's expecting to get the Seal in for test drives next Wednesday, maybe just optimistic on his behalf but we'll see

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

..and forget about Tesla trade in, do your deal elsewhere

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Any suggestions, would rather not have the hassle of trying to sell privately(Had a bad experience in the past). I'd happy sell it to trade even if we're getting less than market value but not sure how to go about it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I was told October when I got my pricing for the Seal AWD. Still waiting on the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mamba101

Discounts on inventory cars come and go - the current discount on the model Y is very good IMO.

Also note the 3.9% with Finance Ireland is valid if you take delivery of the car before Nov 17th - Inventory cars seem to have max delivery timeframe of about 2 weeks so factor that in to.

You could try sell your car to a main dealer of that manufacturer - second hand supply is still in demand so they may be interested and likely better deal on Tesla. Otherwise donedeal is the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

I noticed on Carzone that Tesla are advertising cars for sale now. Basically trading on it as any other dealer, taking trade-ins etc.

Also, spotted a MY taxi today, 232D, Black and it definitely has the original rear windows in it. There was even a white one travelling almost beside it to compare. I wonder that got through the regulations...??

There’s one or 2 that slipped through the test but rest assured they will be caught at the random road side NTA inspections or reported.

There was a big shortage of the clear glass but there seems to be a good few available now on DoneDeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

Single car house, we sold our old tucson to a local dealership 2 days before picking up our MY. We emailed a load of dealerships that "buy any car"and pitted them against each other and then picked the best price. Lost about 10% of market value but we were happy just getting the money out of it and into the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Wondering is anyone else having problems kicking off the remote heating ? It's an intermittent issue for, says it on in the app and then a few seconds later get an error saying remote heating failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

That happens if there are problems with connectivity. My cars are parked in underground and I have to be sure that the app connected to the car before I press climate on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Yeah mine is struggling to make a connection. I get it from my office as it's a bit of a dead spot but it's been happening when I'm at home as well which is odd as there is a decent signal....

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Is it just remote heating, or anything you do in the app.. like remote unlocking etc ?

Mine doesn't respond to anything I do in the app 90% of times now and booked it in for a service, they did some remote trouble shooting and the figured the connection board is at fault and will replace it. Mine also doesn't connect to LTE when driving and only connects to hotspot manually btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Just see I posted in Model Y section - my comments about connectivity issue relate to a M3 SR+ 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

Hi all, anybody here get condensation inside their light.

Customer service saying it is normal. Not is not! It is caused by a bad seal of light fitting at factory that allows water ingress.

Not impressed on a 3 month old car and definately not impressed by the customer service....

TBC...

Condensation is normal on modern LED lights. Happens across many brands.

If it doesn’t clear and pools in the bottom of the light then it’s a warranty issue. But normal condensation is normal.

Thx for reply.

It.is not normal, I have a 10 year old Honda with LED lights, no condensation.

Have a look at this video from 6.50

Just some basic quotes from Google…

Materials inside the lamp may absorb that moisture, and when the light is turned on, the humid air inside condensates. The exterior of the lens is cooler than the interior so the moisture adheres to the inside of the lens. This causes the condensation in your headlights.

The fact is that condensation is a normal process and it won't hurt their lamp, nor is it technically a defect will go a long way towards addressing customer concerns.

As I said, condensation appears to be normal as I’ve seen it in bmw, Audi and Mercedes to name but a few. Pools of water is different and deffo a warranty claim. Have you any pictures of your lights?

The video you posted appears to confirm it’s normal in modern led lights.

A light is a sealed unit end of story. If I rocked up to NCT with condensation, I would fail. No matter what make of car it is, especially a new car, that cost 50k, it is not acceptable.

The video I posted does not confirm it is normal, it clearly shows that the weld of the light fitting is defective.

Ok. Simply log it in the app for the service centre to replace.

The video explicitly states at the start, with pictures of other brands with the same issue and explains how it’s occurring with the lack of heat from the older halogen bulbs.

You can submit photos to the service centre through your app, yes?

I get that heat from a bulb in an old car will clear the condensation. That doesn't mean that it is not a problem. A 1980s Ford Cortina, with condensation is different to a 2023 Tesla or Audi etc... If there is a defect in the manufacturing process, and the light fitting, it should be resolved under warranty, no questions.

Of course the manufacturers are going to say it is normal, that will get rid of 90% of the problem as customers will believe them.

Not me.

Thx for the engagement, I think it has run its course at this stage! All the best.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DaithiDooDoo

Does MYP have PPF all over it?

I've gotten a car wash that’s left micro-abrasions all over so I’m trying to figure out the best solution.

No car has full PPF unless you pay for it whilst under your ownership, swirls are a curse, there’s a reason no car of ours have ever been in a car wash. If they are bad you are going to have to look at a professional detailer to remove…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭traco

Small bit of ppf in front of the rear wheels from the factory but thats it. If you want a pristine car never ever use any car was of any sort. Even being careful with a two bucket wash yoursef you can still get some swirls. If really bad the only option is to polish them out. I think I read that the Tesla paint is a little towards the softer side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

I know it’s too late for this occasion, but never ever put a car through a car wash if you want to protect the paint, and especially with a tesla. I got our black m3 ceramic coated and the guy said the paint depth was one of the lowest he’d ever seen and he could hardly even buff it in some places.

Wash and dry in straight lines, then swirls impossible 😐️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Anyone else noticing that other motorists appear upset by the strength of the dims ?, it’s as if they think the head lights are on ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I found that putting cruise control made the car turn on auto high beams far too often and in very inappropriate places.

• Advertisement

Nope not yet. It’s something I look out for because of people mentioning it on here. Haven’t been flashed once!

Advertisement