Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 6

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

They did the same with me, told me to put in whatever the website will accept and they changed it after to my actual address. It's useless anyway as they charge 93c/kWh on all ESB chargers so it's crazy expensive.

Wish that was an estate. Household V70 would be gone tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Saw a white one of these earlier in Waterford.

Nice from the front. Not nice from the back. Big too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭eagerv

I like the back, not mad on the front..😊

When I took for a test drive I thought it wasn't much bigger than my Model 3, but it is a good bit longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I've my car a few weeks now and it keeps giving out that I'm not holding the wheel when using cruise control, I hold it at 9 and 3 so all the steering wheel controls fall naturally, where are the sensors on the steering wheel?

What external V2L adapter are people using? I know it's linked in the Ioniq 5 thread but search isn't working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

As far as I know it just a resistance sensor on the wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭denismc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I seen one of these on the motorway a grayish one while going up to Dublin on Saturday. Looked very nice.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Kona EV does that thing with the wheel too. It's just a thing on Hyundais I reckon.

My car isn't connecting to Hyundai Connected Services anymore. I don't get traffic or weather updates. Is there anyway to reset the modem? All Bluelink settings look OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

can you fit 2 large suitcases in the boot? looks very small. other than this I love the look of it even though didnt like at the start.

I've never tried it's fairly deep but it does close in a bit for the wheel wells, though I've come from a hybrid that had the batteries in the boot so every boot is massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Qboot

I have test driven the Ioniq 6 today, and oh boy, was I dissapointed. Even more so, when I am driving the original Ioniq (mk. 2, which I enjoy very much) and and am very fond of the Ioniq 5 (which I nearly got last year instead of the basic Ioniq, but the sensibility of not spending the extra €14k got the better of me).

I was very keen on finding out, how much better the experience of driving the latest Ioniq hatchback EV would be compared to their old, and surely outdated Ioniq hatchback EV form several years ago.

For a €55k car (the basic version, which I have driven), it certainly does not feel near enough premium to justify the price tag. The interior is all plastic, no leather finish, the boot is not much bigger than my current Ioniq, but has an extremely narrow opening (good luck fitting my kids' bikes through it), and it's impossible to sit comfortably in the rear passenger seats, due to the sloping roof being so low.

On top of that, the car is missing a ton of features that are present in my current Ioniq, such as adaptive cruise control, electric adjustable seats, leather finish, etc. For a €55 car, the lack of those features is extremely noticeable. Especially considering that they were present on their old car that used to cost 40% less.

Of course, being an EV driver, I am aware of the fact that the range is king. But here's the thing, the smaller battery version I was test-driving showed 480 km on a 93% SOC. As this is a new, showroom model, this is most likely well overstated, as going on local roads for 20 minutes (more than enough time for the battery to warm up to the optimal level) in Normal mode, the efficiency was only 18 kWh/100 km at speed up to 90 km/h. Now, my current, several-year-old Ioniq did that route with an efficiency of 12 kWh/100 km in Normal mode. So even though the battery in the Ioniq 6 is larger, the actual range would not be that much greater, based on the efficiency during the test drive. Certainly not big enough to justify the €55 price tag.

Of course, you can opt for the upgraded, well specced version with a bigger battery, but then the price goes up to the €60k range and beyond, depending on the trim.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great car, spacious, comfortable, with good visiblility, handling and comfort of use. But I don't think it's worth the price Hyundai are asking for. The dealer himself actually said to me that these new Ioniqs are too expensive and are not moving as well as they should.

For my money, the €48k Ioniq 5 with a 73kWh battery that I was considering last year provided much better value for money. For the time being, I am still holding on to my basic Ioniq, with the intension of swapping it out for an Ioniq 5 long range next year, as in my opinion, it is a much better car for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Do you have this right? The smaller battery version is 48k on the Hyundai website and also has HDA level 1.5 which is adaptive cruise control. Was the same in my Ioniq 5.

I needed to charge earlier coming towards Dublin on the N7, I know that Applegeen in Ballymount has chargers but they didn't show on the map in the car, checked on the Bluelink app for chargers and Applegreen's chargers aren't showing. When I look in the filters there is no Applegeen provider. Is there a reason why they aren't showing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

When was the last time you updated your maps? I think June was the last update available.

I got an update a few weeks ago, I've auto updates available. It shows charge points on the map and I think their status as they change colour, I can't find the legend for the map anywhere.

This is my map version.

EUR.15.43.70.011.631.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll have a look and see if there's any Applegreen ones showing on my Ioniq 5 later. I don't really pubic charge so I've never noticed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭tommythecat

I noticed recently that no applegreen chargers are showing up on my ev6 either. Have the latest maps update installed. Very strange.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

Applegreen chargers are too new to show up.

Maps from TomTom, Garmin or Here are released every 6 months with POI data probably 6 months older than that.

It'll be December update or next June before they are in the built in maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Thanks. That's a real pain for preconditioning coming into winter. There are ways around it but still annoying.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

Thanks. Bit of a pain as the Applegreen chargers are the fastest ones I can see on Plugshare as you get close to Dublin on the N7.

I rarely use public chargers so fecked up as I knew I'd need to charge but didn't charge earlier when I stopped for food. Lesson learned to get plugged in when you can if you know that you need to use public chargers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭denismc

I would have thought that Ionity at Kill North would be the obvious choice for you coming into Dublin.

Given the right conditions your car should charge at around 200kW, the Ionity chargers can do this easily, whereas the AG chargers are only 120 kW.

I must of been past that as it didn't show

I was going to go back to that later as I can't charge at home, but I ran out of range to get to my destination and back.

Any else not seeing Ionity chargers on the Charge my Hyundai app. I can see all the other companies but even chargers I'd saved aren't showing. They are still showing in the Bluelink app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I had a look at one of these in A Hyundai showroom today. I must say very dissapointing the quality of the plastics. For that money you should be getting lovely soft squishy material. Some nice design do around the centre console in particular. VW seem to the only one that really does that nice inside on dash and doors. Still the steering wheel was not bad do certainly better than the horrible plastic thing in the Kona.

The Tucson material quality was also dissapointing but again nice steering wheel do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭CivilEx

I do agree that the finishes on the inside of the Ioniq 6 are not for everyone.

I've recently placed my order for a January '24 Signature 77kW, which is the bottom end of the specification range but has the largest battery. I gave it a lot of thought before purchasing and yes, there are always trade offs in choosing your car whether that is an EV or an ICE. I'm not an SUV / crossover fan at all and the Ioniq 6 is definitely not one of those.

For me though, the most important factor in selecting my first EV is the range that this car offers as I am typically doing 20,000km+ each year. While I will be trying to do as much charging at home as possible, the ultra fast public DC fast charging with the 800v architecture of the Ioniq 6 is much more important to me than the eco-friendly materials on the interior finishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Wait 'til you hear about one of the really disappointing realities of EV ownership in that case 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Comer1

Which disappointing reality are you referring to?🤫

Advertisement