Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Seal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Well done and cheers for posting.

Time to start counting my coppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

At 46k otr price for the Seal design trim compared to the Atto 3 Design trim otr price of 42.5k it's hard to understand why anyone wouldn't just pay the extra 3.5k for the Seal's bigger battery, a good few extra specs and subjectively nicer style. Seems like incredible value although maybe it's just an introductory price and they'll bump the price on the Seal next year so there's more of a gap between the 2 cars. There's also the Seal U to consider but there's very little info on when it's coming to Ireland and what pricing will be like

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Why is there such an extortion of €2k delivery charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭grumpygit

Hi..good to see someone with inside knowledge on the chat. 2 questions for you

You are providing roadside assist as part of deal I believe .How will this work if I was to break down in Galway or somewhere and you have only a presence in Dublin and cork. ( car can't be fixed on roadside)

Are software updates over the air and how often do BYD normally provide updates. How long will the provided Sim be active for. Will this access be free for the lifetime of the car

The forum will know more than the sales staff unfortunately.

They should be OTA as the atto got 1.62 in September.

The Sim package only lasts a short period after which you need some form of subscription. I asked before 4 years come to mind.

Breakdown will be to cork or Dublin, whatever is closest.

Post edited by Gumbo on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭spakman

brochure says 1Gb per month for 2 years.

@BYDSALESMAN do you know rough estimate of delivery timelines if an order was placed in November?

Am I right in thinking any trade-in would be with MSL?

BYD send your trade in out to the trade. Navan road and south Dublin do the same. They will guarantee is for 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭rdhma

@BYDSALESMAN No towing capacity is listed on the Irish website, but BYD Denmark lists 750 kg RWD, 1500 kg AWD. Any chance this information will be posted, as there would be insurance and legal implications to not following the manufacturer's specifications for towing in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

The Tesla isn't for everyone TBF, I don't particularly like the looks, the Elon factor seriously turns me off and the whole fanboy thing is tiring, reminds me a bit of Apple fanboys.

From what I've seen the app will be basic, nowhere near Tesla. The SUC doesn't bother me, had 2 BMW EVs and for long journeys Ionity does me, all other charging is done at home, with a range of 500km+ most people don't need public charging very often.

The Seal is my preference but I think the majority will prefer a Model 3 over a BYD Seal all day long.

Thanks for sharing.

It looks like the "Build Your Dreams" logo is missing on the rear... Thankfully!!

• Advertisement

They knew they had to! Silly crock of sh1t that logo! First thing I done to my brothers Atto, hair dryer, tar and glue remover and a pry tool 😂

But you’re right, Tesla V BYD will come down to personal choice and it’s great to have a wealth of choice nowadays!

The whole “I wouldn’t drive that car because of Elon” is very tiring indeed. Childish kinda and it’s very similar to the Fandroids slagging Apple fanboys alright. Childish again.

100%

It would have been my plan as well but thankfully they saw sense.

One thing bugging me at the moment on BYD, the active sim is only for 2 years seemly. After that you have to buy a contract sim somewhere. I’m not sure if hotspot will give the same functions?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tbf Tim Cook nor Steve Jobs have form in trying to disrupt the nature of civil discourse. Whatever your views on picking one phone or the other. People's choice of giving Elon money comes very much down to the man's morals and ethics. It's not really childish for someone to take a personal stance on things like that where their own money is concerned.

That would go for any CEO that's completely out there and potentially dangerous character. Is what it is. Just not childish, frankly.

Yes more brands the better.

Post edited by listermint on

Yeah that’s fair enough. We are free to choose where we spend our hard earned. And enjoy it we should 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I don't know how BYD do it specifically but I thought it was industry practice to subcontract the work of actually coming out to rover the vehicle.

Even if you have to ring a VW assist or a Ford assist type number for it.

Hyundai for example use the AA.

Funny thing is though the truck manufacturers actually do things the way you were thinking.

As in breakdown assistance is sent from the nearest dealer to where you broke down.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Safety assist seems to be letting it down. Having said that it had five stars so overall very good Wonder will safety assist improve with software updates

Anyone get a word on any test drives being scheduled yet?

• Advertisement

Units arriving in for Demos for next week. Some folks have test drives scheduled from then. First come served basis via phone appointment. Email seems to be less useful.

Demo cars have arrived but they are going through staff introductions and media release with test drives in November according to my one and only source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭spakman

I was told at the beginning of the week that there should be a car for test drive in 7 to 10 days and they'd be in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm booked in for test drive next Wednesday. We had been looking at the Atto last week and asked to be notified when the Seal came in so we could test drive that as well. Got the email this morning letting us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I was also told today that there should be a car to test drive in the next week in Cork. Going through the brochure there is a huge amount of standard spec for 46k on the road.

Don't think I recall seeing the below two features listed before on other cars, anyone how they are supposed to work.

• Alcohol Detection System (ADS)

• Child Forgetting Detection (CFD)

Taken from euro ncap tests. No more detail given so don't know how child detection works or not works

. The SEAL is equipped with 'child presence detection', a system which issues a warning when it recognises that a child ori nfant has been left in the car. However, the system did not meet Euro NCAP's requirements and was not rewarded. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Both of my cars have a feature where it reminds you to check the back seat when you turn the car off if you opened and closed the rear door before you drove off. Presume not forgetting a sleeping child is the reason for it.

My volvo has it. Also detects seat belt not used with someone present in seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 UsernameError

I am booked in with BYD North Dublin for Tuesday afternoon as they are due to get 2 SEALS on Tuesday morning.

They are now taking appointments for test-drive for next week and onwards if you just ring them and will be contacting anyone on the test-drive list very shortly to book in as priority.👍

Advertisement