Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭bmc58

And he will be elected President from his cell.What a state the guardian of the free world is in now.Putin and Xi JinPing are loving this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Johnson gets the gig. Go n-eirí leat, bucaill!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,429 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Interested to hear what changed Ken Buck's mind on demanding the next Speaker acknowledge the Joe Biden won the election 2020, breaking news he won the votes

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

A man that believes the world is 6000 years old. God help America.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,339 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I seriously doubt he's the first creationist to get this far in American politics!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Unfortunately creationists are common enough in America, in pivotal states electorally, that this fact will have no net effect on the existing prevalent thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Trump Fined $10000 and ordered to take the stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,359 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The Judge saying, 'he's not a credible witness', really shows where Trump is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I do genuinely hope that this turd of a human being eventually faces the consequences of his actions. He's done whatever he's wanted with complete impunity for 77 years now. Hopefully that's about to change. The champion of ignorance and stupidity indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Also probably the type of person who trusts in god, but still has to run for public office, just in case you know god doesn’t do what he likes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,421 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This just in - toddler throws toys out of pram

• Registered Users Posts: 15,597 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But really what is the point of a $10k fine? It will just come out of GOP funds or whatever Trump is using to pay.

He has been given plenty of chances, way more than any other defendant would be given.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Some of these people...this would be funny if it wasn't scary.

I think it's about building up to something more substantial.

The judge will be able to justifiably throw the book at him at some stage, if trump persists.

I think trump's reaction means he will comply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

lol at the human sh1tstain storming out of the courthouse 🤣

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 82,429 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭francois

The results of decades of underfunding of education

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭valoren

America was better ten years ago! Not like now. We're weak!

Ah so we were stronger with Obama since he was the President ten years ago.

Ah no, it all started with him!

🤷‍♂️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

in the NBA there is a fine for 'flopping' or diving. It starts out modest at €2000 (well modest for many NBA players) It soon starts increasing quickly with any further flops. Even very rich NBA players hate giving away money for nothing. Trump would be the same. Only a finite amount of money to play with, and ever increasing fines/penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,556 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's it, it's not really the amount of money it's making a man who won't even pay his own lawyers make a decision so if he pays that fine he loses face and if he refuses to pay well he ends up behind bars even if it's for a few hours and as much as he puts on the big show about being willing to go to prison there is no way he wants to end up behind bars.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I think it's more the disdain towards education and intellectualism that seems to prevail in some social strata. I recall hearing a lot of terms like "poindexter" and "egghead" in the American TV I watched growing up. Intellectual characters would often be portrayed as effeminate, weak and helpless. Why bother going to the effort of understanding something like how the climate or vaccines work when you can easily just dismiss complexity and nuance with a maxim from your favourite professional troll?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

It's a celebration of ignorance.

I don't care what those egg-heads say, it's raining outside right now so there is no such thing as Climate Change.

I didn't go to college, I'm grassroots. Can't trust some poindexter.

Look, I put my spirit-level on the ground. Those nerds are saying the earth is a globe.

Take bleach and shine lights inside to get rid of Covid

So you vilify education. You belittle and even threaten scientists and scientific experts. And anyone who DOESN'T do this is one of the "Elite". One of "Them". And that's how you get and rule your cult "Oh that poindexter? What does he know?" It's not limited to the US. You had Michael Gove during Brexit period: "I think the people of this country have had enough of experts with organisations with acronyms saying that they know what is best and getting it consistently wrong".... How did that work out?

But it is a consistent trait that the educated are amongst the first targeted because cult leaders do not want people who question. And ironically they market this to their cult as being informed. How many times have you heard some flat earther or anti vaxxer or trumpist call someone sheep because they believe a proven fact? People willing to question can review a situation, analyze facts and even change their opinion based upon new evidence. I'm sure many non-cultists here have believed a situation, liked person/celebrity/whatever only for new facts to emerge which changes their entire opinion on such a situation or person.

However with cultists, this is not possible: There is a person on the political "humour" thread who posts NOTHING but anti-Biden images. Usually with comment such as "Democrat scum" or something. Almost daily. Sometimes many a day. Then they post an image with: "Oh trump still hasn't been convicted. He's living in your head rent-free". And posting images about people having concerns with trump as being deranged... All without irony. There are many other posting on that thread, from many here, unrelated to trump or biden or the US at all. But not so with this poster.

We all get it: trump was the protest vote against Clinton and the perception that there was an entrenchment or the same old same old in US politics. And, it must be said, it wasn't 100% wrong. 300 million people in the US and it was going to be another Clinton in office? Then what? Another Bush? Another Obama after that?

But anyone with an ounce of critical thought is rightly horrified by what trump and his cultists represent and accept.

• Celebrating serial sexual assault
    • Support of White Supremacist groups
    • Support of insurrectionists
    • Support of dictatorships and nations hostile to the US
    • Hatred of the American Prisoners of War
    • Support of assassination of political rival
    • Election tampering

ALL of the above from his own mouth. In addition to below which are still pending or which didn't come from his own mouth

• Conviction of sexual assault
    • Theft and exposure of top secret documents
    • Fraud
    • Additional sexual assault

But his cultists will not accept anything above. Even the stuff from his own mouth they consider "Fake News". They are now limited to "But hunter's Laptop" (How's that going, anyway?). We even had some here celebrating that he was "only" convicted of sexual assault and not rape. Imagine the mind of such a person. Someone who thinks that being found guilty of Sexual Assault instead of Rape is somehow a good thing.

Being found guilty of Sexual Assault is NOT A GOOD THING

But harping on about it is "Fake News".... It is no coincidence that trump mouthpieces invented the term "Alternative Facts"

Edit: Fixed a typo.

Post edited by TheIrishGrover on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭valoren

During the Ryder Cup a few weeks ago it was obvious by the Sunday that Europe had beaten the US. It all became a waiting game for what player would win their match and seal the cup. It feels like that with Trump. A litany of cases where he is down and beaten and it's becoming a case of which one will it be that finally sends him to jail.

Eugene Debs ran five times for President. William Jennings Bryan had multiple runs, three times as the nominated candidate. If Trump is defeated by Biden for a second time, will he run again? He'll be 82 on election year 2028, a year older than Biden if and when he hypothetically wins the election next year. The GOP is Trump's, it's now becoming political suicide within the party to oppose him, or even not to be visibly seen to support him. Ronna McDaniels is stepping down from her RNC Chairperson role at the end of the current term, I suspect to sidestep the absolute chaos that will ensue in the following years of another election loss for Donnie T and I can't imagine her being replaced by a moderate, it'll most likely by a MJT level MAGA-Meathead. The anti-trump faction of the GOP are now so weak, they'd have no voice in trying to dissuade the party in letting him have another run, that's even if they aren't replaced by then by MAGA substitutes in their states. TIL, Ronna is Mitt Romney's niece. I never knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

He's never going to step foot in jail. Not even Rich Person's jail. Even if he did, it would only rile his cultists more. Their Martyr-In-Chief ("See? He's been in jail, just like us"). And would lead to more violence. That's how terrorists work. He'll be found guilty of some minor things but there will be enough bodies thrown under various busses to cover him against the big stuff. Despite what we all watched live and heard. The US court system will cave to terrorism.

But, let's just say he did get jail time, yeah, I think that would actually get him to The White House.

If he loses the next election it will depend on how bad. Unless it is a TOTAL wipeout of biblical proportions (You know how the GOP love "their" bible) then, yeah, they are stuck with him. Many here have been saying that since about Jan 10 when everyone flipped back to him after a day or 2 of questioning his morals and his insurrectionists. As you say, they are stuck with him. They are stuck with him (Because they embraced him) and the only way to keep his terrorist cell (Keep their votes and making sure that the only people being threatened by them are Democrats... You know, other Americans) is by maintaining his MAGA cult. This leads to escalation as each one tries to out-MAGA the next. We can see that already. It's not rocket surgery, we predicted this in writing here on this thread after the terrorist attack on Washington and failed Insurrection attempt.

The sad thing is: His cultists think he actually speaks for them. Think he has their values. Even his cultists here. It's more than a little sad but that's what ignorance and fanaticism gets you, I suppose. Lonely, angry (mostly) men. And that's all he needs

There was a time I thought the same, but at this stage the implosion of the GOP is extremely destructive to his chances.

Couple that with the monumental legal troubles he has, I'm thinking he is toast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Appeasement isn't a policy with a record of success.

Let's be honest, Trump will never go to normal person's jail as you imply. I'd say what's most likely is a slap on the wrist because America's system has no interest in holding wealthy white men accountable.

The cultist are cultural cancer. All they care about is spreading hate and committing acts of violence without consequences. He's their dream come true. There's a reason that they're cultists after all.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

I sense that when he (fingers crossed) loses the election to Biden and eventually drops permanently his re-election ambitions, if the next GOP nominee is a Trump clone, like Ramaswamy, I can see a large swathe of moderate republicans who saw Trump as a temporary phase in their party, switch parties or abstain from voting in elections. It’s easy to start believing that MAGAs make up almost the entire Republican vote, but it’s more believable that even though the support of the MAGAS has definitely increased in decibel levels since his election, the blind support for him has definitely decreased in numbers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement