Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Perfect, thank you very much.

I'll order that soon. It'll be good to have something entertaining during the Winter months. If I get hooked on it, she can play her ps5!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I completely forgot about the app referral thing when I bought Red Matter 2 as a gift for my main account (from my new burner account)

Any idea if gifting gets 25% off too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jj880

Good thinking!! For anyone using 2 accounts when upgrading from Quest 2 to 3 I dont see any reason why you couldn't accept someone's app referral link on the burner account to get the discount. The app referral should stick to that account for 7 days. Then try and use the gift function to your main account.

As for normal gifting from any account it should work the same. I will try it for my next gift. The app referral thread didnt really take off so if anyone needs a referral link post here as referrer gets 5 euro credit.

Post edited by jj880 on

Anyone ever have a situation where your mobile app just no longer connects to your headsets? Just showing "Not found" all the time? Have tried logging out/in on headset and mobile app.. restarting headset and phone.

Have power-cycled the router too.

All are on the same wifi network.

I wonder if it's because they are on the 5G wifi?

Delete all data + cache for mobile app?

Forget the wifi network and re-connect on phone + headset?

• Advertisement

Bizarrely connected again after several hours... hmm

It might be something to do with too many devices on 5G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

QQ to new owners, how are people finding the comfort?

on a scale from 0-10, I’d put Q2 at about 5. tolerable, but lots of room for improvement.

I’d be curious to know if Q3 is any better before buying.

Could you comfortably sit down and watch a movie, without feeling that massive pressure coming off your head when your done?

yeah it's about 50% less pressure on the face.. I'm sure one of the 3rd party straps will lessen the pressure too

Place it about 8/10 if Q2 was 5/10

The wide sweet spot is also a benefit so you can move the headset around your face for comfort without affecting the sweet spot

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paulie13

I'm having trouble getting any of the "25% off" game referrals to work. I've found some online for specific games and all seem to be working as expected (clicking link opens app on my phone, and it says the discount will be applied at checkout, but it never is). Then when I try to type in the voucher name (typically "FRIEND") it says it's not valid for on-sale items, even though the games aren't on sale. Probably doing something silly, but just wanted to check. Cheers!

• Advertisement

I used a referral link for The Light Brigade a few days ago. The discount and "FRIEND" code should auto populate at checkout after you accept the app referral. Valid for 7 days.

Do you have a game you're trying to get a referral discount on at the moment?

Already 46% off on sale at the moment. Much better discount than the 25% referral discount 👍. As I found out a few days ago. Sale discounts and referral discounts dont stack.

Okay, now I have more questions! Why is it showing up as €29.99 in my Quest app? I've read a bit that it's a real pain and not very clear to see when sales are happening in the Quest Store - this is one such example I guess. Since that's just an image, how do I actually get that discount? Sorry for all the questions.

Thats strange. Im not sure on that one. I do know that Sales discounts vary by region. Into The Radius is not on sale at the moment in the US. Is your Meta account country set to Ireland?

Did a bit of research. Seems this is a common problem. I know that if you dont buy a game for a few months Meta send out 30% off discount codes to tempt you back into a purchase. Have you bought a lot of games in the last few weeks by any chance?

From now on I will be checking meta store prices on the on my PC with no meta account logged in. That is very sneaky if Meta are withholding heavy discounts depending on recent purchase history. Zuck you naughty boy!

Edit: ok logging out of Meta account removes the discount price for me! Time to set up a burner account.

Post edited by jj880 on

I've only bought a single game! Interestingly, I got a notification for 25% off A Fisherman's Tale a few hours ago, with it saying "we know you've been thinking about jumping into A Fisherman's Take" - I reckon because I added it to my Wishlist. Maybe certain discounts aren't store-wide, but instead tailored to users, like the one you're seeing. Anyway, still pretty confusing. I appreciate you taking a look though.

Just a word on referrals. Boards has been great for referrals but the bulk of mine have come from Facebook groups. Game and headset referrals. Ive had 2 headset referrals in the last week. Between now and Christmas will be a time to get some with Quest 3. Get signed up to a few Facebook groups and you'll def get a few referrals between now and Christmas 👍. Im at 400 euro now in total. I dont think Ive seen such a generous system to help build up your game library anywhere else. Its really great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

• Advertisement

Tried ForeVR Bowl mixed reality in the living room. It's incredible, especially with other people in the room so you can chat away like normal while playing. Favourite experience so far on Q3!

Red Matter 2 is 43% off down from 30 to 17 euro. Reports its 1 of the best looking games with a Quest 3 gfx upgrade already included. Can you see this discount in the Meta store?

A great game. Recommended.

That's the one game I'd bought! Logged out to see what price it was showing for me, and still €30.

All I can think of is Meta know you'll definitely be looking for some new games since you just bought Quest 3.

Everyone should be offered the same discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,241 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Well,

biting the bullet on this in the end. Decided to RMA the Quest 3 due to a dead pixel/trapped dust (amazingly the first one I've had in all the years of VR headsets). Wasn't overtly noticeable in general use unless you try to focus on the short distance to the lens, but against stark bright backgrounds in VR and MR, it becomes a distraction. Even though it was located in the left LCD, it presence in the centre of normal view was just too annoying. Tried to get used to it since launch, even to give it a chance to revive itself, but ended up contacting support and one or two emails later it's out the door this morning.

Was a bit concerning hearing some QC concerns on other forums with launch units, with isolated cases of people going through multiple returns, so there's always the chance the next one that arrives could be just as bad or worse. But hopefully it's just a few rotten eggs, and their accounts sounded a lot more problematic than mine.

Hard to form an opinion on the headset overall then in my case. I've not been blown away by the improvements over the Q2 as of yet, but then specific improvements in software are, so far, thin on the ground, but I kind of expected that which is why I was going back and forth over whether or not I'd bother. In the end, I justified it by getting rid of my Q2 with all accessories - not really even for the money, more to warrant the change if that makes sense. The pancake lens are the biggest change so far leading to less hassle finding that sweet spot and allowing for more motion in the eyes as your using it, not too mention an overall comfort improvement. Didn't get around to trying out the improvements under PCVR either so that'll be something to get stuck into.

With any luck, I'll have prescription lenses ready for the replacement, so not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Wonder will be there be deals on the Q2 on the run up to Black Friday. One of the kids is looking for one and they'd never get the use out of it to make the Q3 worthwhile.

For Quest 2 you cant deny Meta have pushed hard and updated the crap out of the software adding all kinds of great features and improvements.

Im sure they will do the same for Quest 3.

I think they should have had a big game ready for launch though. And a lot more games updated to show off Quest 3 upgrades.

• Advertisement

Usually do. They did a good Black Friday deal when I got mine. Free 50 euro store credit. Then with the 30 euro referral credit from a member on here I had plenty of games to get started with.

Advertisement