Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I have an intermittent issue where Facebook app (also built by Meta) doesn't open links. It also happened on my old 6. Never seen it on another app so I'd be 99% sure it's an app bug, not a device issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Dozz

@TheRona it's not just an Instagram issue. Screen flickering in google photos also and videos scrambling all the time.

Coming from a Pixel 6 that never had these issues

• Registered Users Posts: 49 rizzo 1976

No issues here.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

My replacement P8P had been working flawlessly. Unlike my first P8P. You might have just got a bad one.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭MarsyB

Submitted my claim for the watch from Vodafone after many refreshes throughout the process. It was approved within 10 mins after I managed to submit it.

Post edited by MarsyB on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Anyone else getting 503 errors while trying to submit a claim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd guess the website is getting hammered. It won't load for me at all.

Same here

Am sending it back today. Once refunded I will probably just buy another from the Google Store anyway.

Was considering getting the 8 but I think I would miss the extra viewing real estate that the pro gives.

Claiming for the watch from Vodafone. Its asking for the invoice number on the receipt. Would this be the order number, delivery number or transaction number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

What a nightmare, I know it was probably just a case of waiting until later today, but ended up refreshing multiple times and guessing some form entries to get to the end, even at the end I didn't know if it went through other than that I got a confirmation email. Whoever runs that site should be fired on the spot for not anticipating the traffic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

If you mean claiming on the rewards page (i.e. not from Vodafone website I assume), I used the order number.

I see they are asking for a screenshot of the imei number form the phone. I got my original P8P replaced by Vodafone after the 16th, as it was faulty. But they told me to use the original receipt to make the claim. So rather than provide a screenshot. I provided a photo of the original box showing the IMEI number. Hopefully this will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭MarsyB

Yeah I got loads of errors and things not loading up last night just kept refreshing until I was able to get through it.

Mine is a gift for someone so hopefully the box will do. I don't want to have to turn it on.

That's if the site ever comes back. It's down for maintenance now.

My claim was successful ! I never got a choice of colour though. Hopefully I'll have it in the next month so I can sell it before Christmas. I would have kept it only for it being 41mm and with me have a large wrist.

They've come back to me seeking more info. The pdf that Three sent wasn't sufficient and they want a proper invoice or Delivery docket. Thankfully I found the latter in the bin. They didn't question a photo of the imei on the box though.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VegetaIRL8e

Well got my P8P from Harvey Norman today.

It was replacing an A52. My P6P was stolen back in July

Loving it so far. I just love vanilla Android it doesn't harm the fact I don't have any 'funnies' between my other pixel devices and this vs the A52.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Any recommendations for covers? Or perhaps more importantly, any recommendations for which ones *not* to get?

• Advertisement

I'm liking the Mous one I got for the Pixel 8.

I like the Spigen Liquid Air. It's thin enough but gives good protection

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

Got the clear Spigen Ultra Hybrid still so as to enjoy the blue Pro in all it's glory. Seems good so far but only one minor drop/fall so not really tested.

I would however counsel against the Spigen Alignmaster screen protector for the P8P. While the application process was probably the best ever screen protector application experience that I've ever had, there are actually some black borders on the protector that do minimally take away from the screen area, e.g. I have to tilt my phone a bit to properly see the scroll indicator at the side of this page in Chrome.

I've got both the spigen liquid air in blue and the rugged armour (black). They are both excellent cases. You can get them on Amazon.de

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Be wary of this all please, it has f*cked my Pixel 6 and from the Google issue tracker, seems to be hitting Pixel 7, 8 and Fold also

My claim for the Buds were approved over night so just need to wait on delivery now.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VegetaIRL8e

Same as you @TitianGerm approved for my watch overnight....expected delivery....before December 27th hahahaha

That's the maximum 60 day time limit. When I got my Bose headphones with the Pixel 6 I think it took about 25-30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

When I got my Bose headphones with the Pixel 6, it took months. Bought phone in Oct '21, got headphones mid-Feb '22! YMMV but don't hold your breath. On the plus side, iirc there was some Google store credit issued to those who were waiting over the time limit so waiting for a while may give further value 😉

• Advertisement

I think the issue was they ran out of the type of Bose they were originally meant to give away and had to source different model headphones which added to the delay.

This time because they are giving awar googke products you'd imagine the turnaround time will be quicker.

Advertisement