Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Not a lot of space to round a keeper, and get a decent shot away when the ball is heading wide and you have to hit the edge of the ball. Looked far worse, but I can see how he found that difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The fact Gravenbach played feck all last season and these are the performances he's putting in already is massive. He could be a seriously good midfielder for Liverpool going forward.

Our midfield rebuild has went very very well. Add a top number 6 and we'll probably have the best selection of midfielders I ever remember at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Too be fair they don't play 433 and musiala would be playing in his position. Still you make room for a talent like him, glad they couldn't.

Just a kid, but dam, he has been amazing since he arrived, what a bargain. It's beginning to look like Klopp and Liverpool get the best out of players, we sign players no one wants and they become stars, we sell our stars and they flop .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Salah to get a goal would top off a lovely evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

You could see how desperate he was for it, even fighting to keep the ball in play instead of letting it out for a Liverpool throw in a moment ago. The game is all but over when he comes on but he just wants to keep pushing always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Only in the door didn't see any of the game but looking at the result seemed like an easy enough evening,on too the weekend and hopefully another 3 points

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kefflin

A win in Toulouse and we win the group with 2 games to go would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Anybody have Harvey Elliots email? He owes me 900 euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Callum Scanlon and James McConnell became the 115th & 116th players to play for Liverpool under Klopp tonight. Scanlon seemed to have a burst of pace in him.

I don't have the stat but I'd love to know how many Liverpool debuts Klopp has handed out, and how many senior club debuts he has handed out. I'd guess that the number of both is pretty high.

• Advertisement

Think I read somewhere that 7 players that were developed in the academy were involved tonight

So how does this Europadopa League work, no one can touch us, we're as good as through to next round, do we know who we will face next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Do we face a CL cast off next round , so confusing this competition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

If we win group, we would qualify for last 16 and would face the winners of a tie between a runner up from this current group stage and a Champions League 3rd place team.

Slightly odd one, no details...

Former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler has left Saudi Arabian second-tier side Al-Qadsiah after having his contract as manager terminated - despite an unbeaten start to the season.

The ex-England international joined Al-Qadsiah in the summer, winning six and drawing two of his eight games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67235059

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sensational player and one of the best RWF to ever play in the PL.

I not normally a big fan of stats that have that many clauses, but if you're taking any sort of scoring record off Henry you're doing well 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Darwin Nunez is the most entertaining footballer on the planet.

Case closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

also, it's not the Champions League, but as a fan, I really like this competition.

it's wonderful to see so much of our squad getting used in matches that matter. Gravenberch is getting to find a lot of rhythm quickly as a result, and looks to be a real star. Elliott is getting plenty of minutes. Salah is getting rest. VVD getting rest while the other CBs get minutes and sharpness. Endo getting better with each game - he wouldn't have time to with all-important Prem games.

There are loads of other examples, I'm sure.

We're using the competition perfectly and it's a legitimate chance of a trophy, which should never be sniffed at.

I'm the same. Playing new teams too, I love the Europa League. I'd still rather be in the CL, obviously, but the EL is a lot of fun

I used to go to loads of European away games (pre-kids 😝) and the likes of LASK and Union make me miss that much more this season than normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

In hindsight, missing out on the CL this season maybe the best thing in the long run. Trying to bed in an entire new midfield is no mean feat in any season, but having the benefit of doing it with Europa League football makes the process a lot smoother. We’re still a working progress, but I feel we’re a lot further down the line on this re-build than I had imagined at the start of the season, and the benefit of playing competitive but less pressured mid-week games has helped that immensely. I wonder now will we see Endo start a Premier League games in the next few weeks, he was impressive again last night and with Forrest and Luton up next, he maybe worth a chance. I’d really love to see Mac in the No.8 role for a game or 2. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm fairly sure than Henry scored a few goals in the UEFA Cup for Arsenal too. I think Salah has more CL goals than Henry has (for Arsenal)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

its ours Toulouse  now.....

I'll show myself out.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

He has, Salah is the PL top Champions League goalscorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

He certainly doesn't look like a man ready to wind down his career in Saudi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

There is no way Salah goes to Saudi next season!

Give him another 2 year extension then he can go wherever he likes.

I think Salah isnt ready to play in front of just 600 fans just yet...

Leave that to the money grabbers - Gerrard, Henderson, Fabinho, Bobby etc

Salah is still at the top of his game. The above four were definitely not when they moved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Best thing for me is the blooding of young players in a genuinely competitive setting. Seeing Chambers start, Scanlon and McConnell get on the pitch in front of a big Anfield crowd. Brilliant for them and the squad. Looking forward especially to seeing the sides we pick in the last few matches of this stage - huge chance to throw lads in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

It's just fun too, I know we are a big fish in a small pond but it's all very feel good.

Yeah, agreed... i always prefer the League Cup to the FA Cup for the same reason. There's that bit more freedom to field unexpected teams and see how they get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

EL definitely allows young players to grow. Elliot and curtis included. The variation of intensity and ability for them to achieve is perfect for young pros to scaffold their development for the future. Elliot was treading water last year but now he's able to show his best with the conditions this year.

The break after a 5 year spell in the CL when the team needs a regeneration is ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's grand for a season and I see the benefits but I wouldn't want any longer out the UCL and we absolutely should be winning this competition

• Advertisement

I didn't look at the UTD match on Tuesday and I just read today that Mount didn't even get off the bench for them. Now I know Klopp would be able to get a lot more out of him that what Ten Hag can achieve, but this has been a massive sliding doors moment in the midfield rebuild. Szobo is 2/3 times the player Mount is, stronger and quicker too...we weren't getting him in if the Mount deal had gotten across the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Has there been a Hendo/Endo chant yet? "Who need Hendo, we got Endo" etc..

I wonder were we really interested in Mount or was it just paper talk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Fabinho, what are you,,, disgraceful,all I can think of, some midfield renewal this season,cb next season.... can't wait for the supporters saying we have to keep vvd,matip,we don't,if the opportunity is there to sell it gives the option to renew, build for the future, it's a cruel sport .

I think we were tentatively interested in Mount alright, but only up until the wage and fee demands became clear and then we moved along swiftly. He'd have been grand for us too I think - though his injuries are a real concern, so its nice to have avoided that.

Couldn't be happier with Szobo though - only Bellingham would've been a better get the way its turned out.

As an aside - Romeo Lavia has been injured since he joined Chelsea, and it looks like he won't be back until at least December. Another major bullet dodged!

I'm fairly certain it was confirmed that he spoke with representatives of the club, so that would assume genuine interest. I think it's only when UTD came in thats when our attentions then turned elsewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I always got the impression with the 'Mount to Liverpool' stories it was his camp talking it up to get a deal with either us or to force United hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

I felt the same. We were never in the running for Mount. He wanted Utd all day long.

Spurs is definitely a different beast under their new gaffer, wins an away league game 1-2 whilst only having one shot on target.

That's a Utd under Fergie kind of stat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Let's see when the schedule gets a bit tougher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭McFly85

Mount is yet another example that United haven’t learned their lesson. He’s a mercenary, the whole reason he was even in a position to leave is because he didn’t feel Chelsea were paying him enough. United were the highest bidder, yet they acted as if it were some sort of coup.

Theres precious few players our club will throw money at and while it can be frustrating, it’s a short term frustration as we move onto the next target, and we aren’t stuck with lads we’re desperate to move on that nobody will take.

• Advertisement
Advertisement