Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous Dogs Owners

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

That's the problem. The wife and I can't agree on a small dog. I want an English Bulldog or a pocket bully. She thinks they're ugly and wants something fluffy and yappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

but able to make do with a small garden.

Jeezes fooking christ. Dogs love gardens, but they know them to very last inch. Happy free roaming for dog means new location, not a fooking garden. That applies to any dog breed, any size, any weight. If you somehow trying to suggest small dog small garden is great, you are wrong.

Post edited by xhomelezz on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

The dog, an XL Bully (Pitbull) has attacked two women at an address in St John’s Park, Waterford.

Just wonder how breed is being assessed at these cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Another example of the dangers of certain breeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Quitelife

A horrific attack by all accounts … scumbags with pit bull terriers in many housing estates all over ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Put them all to sleep.

F**k the scrote owners and their cheerleaders on here.

All of them need to go. Now

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I would like to see the Irish government lead the way in this. Its simply not safe to have dogs capable of doing such damage to grown adults, and indeed kids, wandering around our housing estates.

I would like to see a plan drawn up quickly to make it a criminal offence to own such a dog. They should limit breeding so that the breeds cease to exist. Any out there should be euthanised. Its sad yes, but so is a kid getting mauled.

I would like to see Irish government finally to start acting when it comes to basics. Well the basics are set by the law, aren't they? Anything done on that front?

How the dog shelters doing here? Full..

Humans..

Rest of your post is a bit pointless imo. There's whole lot of dog breeds being able to have you in bits, if that's the way you gonna look at the problem.

Are you gonna euthanise them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

As long as those breeds are out there they will be owned by careless owners and unfortunately the only solution is getting rid of the dogs

• Advertisement

What breeds?

unfortunately the only solution is getting rid of the dogs.

Oh my..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's not all breeds of dogs mauling kids and adults. It's a small, select band. Easily identified and easily lined up for the cull.

I like dogs BTW, don't think I'm some sort of person who wants them all dead. It's only the ones who have the record of ruining peoples lives.

And as for dog shelters etc, yes I agree too many dogs around. The sale of them on gumtree, adverts, local classified etc should be illegal, and the licence to own them should be a lot more expensive.

And yes, many laws already in place are ignored. Time to start enacting them.

"It's not the breed, it's the owner, etc"

I'm going to be as straight as I can. If you sincerely believe this then you are a moron.

It's not all breeds of dogs mauling kids and adults. It's a small, select band. Easily identified and easily lined up for the cull.

... Sorry, but that's bülshit.

Because you think your right to look like a hard man with a big dog is more important than people being savaged.

It's not the breed, it's the owner, etc.

It is what it is, wrong people picking up wrong breeds. For whatever the need. Blaming the breed for incapability of some owners, is just ridiculous imo.

It is the breed.

It is also the owners.

We cannot do anything about the owners. They're subhuman scum. They cannot be educated, they will never obey any laws. They won't pay any fines levied on them. They cannot be reasoned with, the posters here are proof of what we're dealing with. They laugh at people who obey the law.

So that narrows it down to one option. Ban the dogs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod

@xhomelezz and @Former Former Former quit bickering and discuss the topic without the petty insults please

• Advertisement

We cannot do anything about the owners.

Of course we can, or could. But too much work involved. Better just ban some dogs...

Solution which will do fook all. Look at your English neighbors, did any bans worked there?

Look at your English neighbors, did any bans worked there?

The ban isn't in place yet.

They already have some in action for a different breeds, in case you've missed it.

And it did fook all.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭RockOrBog

Lots of dogs in the wrong environment can turn out to be unsuitable pets. Border collies need work and to burn up that energy... personally I don't think it's fair to have one in a an urban environment.

Huskies belong pulling sleds through the snow, not in your garden or garage.

As a dog person, the problem I have with pitbull type breeds is that if they do turn they cannot easily be controlled or stopped without drastic measures

Then you often have the low IQ degenerates that try to weaponize them which doesn't help.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Another day, another attack. Hopefully the government will ban the breed asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

These dogs are only ever owned by scangers trying to intimidate neighbours etc.

Ban the breed, euthanase the current population. And sterilise the owners too. Nuckle-draggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Another XL bully attack in the UK today. It's astonishing the level of inaction from government in protecting people's safety. You just know there will be further attacks here from dangerous breeds until it reaches the level of outrage it takes for anything to happen in this country.

Doesn't matter how many attacks occur in this country, 'the owner not the dog' brigade come out in defence of their little poodles. Throw in the paralysis from the bunch of donkeys in the dail who are more concerned with Ireland solving the world's problems, and this issue will be kicked down the road.

Another example of the pathetic standard of life in this country these days..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Set up a dangerous dogs hotline where the public can report such dogs and remove them. Shouldn't be up to the general public to shoot them when they threaten people/animals.

I'll ask again, if there will be a whatever dog breed ban in action in Ireland. What do you think that ban will achieve?

There are basic rules around dog ownership set. Are they being followed by all owners and enforced by authorities?

There's a Restricted breeds list set and rules what owners of any dogs from that list have to do. Again is it being followed by all the owners and enforced by authorities?

Some posters are looking at BAN as some miracle which will sort everything.

Well don't get mad at me, if I keep saying on this thread, it will sort sweet fook all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭mode1990

100% , that poor child left with life changing injuries ! I only see these dogs minus a muzzle being handled by something with a lower IQ ! BAN NOW , no need for more families to experience this savagery !

Advertisement