Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

"Dangerous" Dave Courtney, London gangland figure turned celebrity of sorts has shot himself at the age of 64. Did a lot of trashy crime docs and I remember some show he did in the early 2000s, probably on Channel 5, that was him doing intro links to shaky camcorder footage of brawls etc.

Post edited by Hangdogroad on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Elizabeth Hoffman has died aged 96, RIP

She didn't take up acting till she was in her 50's.

A familiar face on TV in the 80' and 90's and probaly best remembered for the 90's TV series Sisters.

I remember her from Stargate SG1 where she played Catherine Langford across a number of episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭gipi

Bill Kenwright has died aged 78. In recent years he was best known as chairman of Everton FC, but he appeared in Coronation Street from 1968 to 2012.

Mentioned already in the films RIP thread, star of the Shaft film series Richard Roundtree did a lot of tv. Including a somewhat forgotten TV series of Shaft, wasn't a ratings success and lasted one season.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069630/

Post edited by Hangdogroad on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,315 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Richard Moll, who starred in Night Court, has died. He was 80.

For many he was known for Night Court, to me, he was known as the voice of Harvey Dent/ Two Face in Batman: The Animated Series. The show built up Harvey as this genuine close friend and ally of Bruce Wayne/ Batman. But we sadly see his mental health deteriorate... leading to the two part episode Two Face Parts 1 and 2.

Probably the most complex analysis of mental health and a depiction of a mental breakdown and Disassociative Identity Disorder on television. And we also see the toll it takes on his loved ones, and the guilt Bruce feels with being unable to save his friend.

And it was a kids show. Just incredible writing and voice acting.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,315 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

a real eccentric. A lot of people queried his gangland credentials but there is an interview with Ronnie Kray on his deathbed still on YouTube where he mentions Courtney.. a very flash and ostentatious and dare I say it at times entertaining individual…eccentric… here is his gaff… ‘Camelot’ in Plumstead…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Matthew Perry

• Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No, Chandler Bing is such an iconic role but loved him also in Sunset Strip

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,315 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Too many credible sources reporting the story so I don’t imagine it’s bullshit…

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Aw man, poor guy.

Chandler character was hilarious.

RIP Matthew Perry.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I’m genuinely very sad at seeing that.

RIP Matthew.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Damn

Definitely felt he deserved things to go better than they did for him after Friends. R.I.P. 

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

He did a great show Studio 60, Chandler was iconic, **** awful news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Drugs are for mugs, kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Genuinely sad to hear of Matthew Perry's death. He was only 54.

Just reported, cause of death is a suspected cardiac arrest while in his hot tub.

May he RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

He was a very obviously troubled person, evident publicly in the most recent documentary.

There's no blame or anything like that, I just personally feel like it's an awful loss of a person that possessed a lot of passion and had a unique talent for his craft.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very sad news. Chandler was an iconic character for 90s TV. I also liked Perry when he appeared on The West Wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Damn that hits hard poor Matthew 😢

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Ah sh*t. That is devastating news about Matthew Perry. I loved him playing Chandler Bing in Friends.

He was an iconic character in that show.

RIP Matthew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

For the past few weeks, I've been watching clips from the Friends' YouTube channel. They upload about 5 on weekdays and 3 or 4 on weekends. The last clip they uploaded is like an bad omen, just the 5 friends without Chandler:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

He was great in The Good Wife and later The Good Fight, continuing his political role.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

Awful news to hear. Big Friends fan. Rip, Matthew.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,152 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

R.I.P :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭brevity

I know people like to shite on Friends but it was massive when I was in my teens. Chandler was nearly everyone's favorite.

Very sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Friends will be rightly spoken about a lot over next few days but Perry was also in the excellent but short lived Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

RIP, I dont think I ever watched more than two or three episodes of Friends as it wasn't my cup of tea, but it was absolutely huge in the 90s.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

My sister and I used to get Friends on VHS from Xtra-vision back in the day. Shocking news. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

Maybe Comedy Central will find time in there schedule to air a one off special episode dedicated to him. RIP Chandler

Advertisement