Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It's very odd. Is that the way the world is going now? Entrenched views. Even on an anonymous chat forum. Ostrich syndrome?

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,745 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Stating the number is not against the charter even if they don't like it.

Are the aid trucks still getting into Gaza?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm pretty much always accountable for my posts. I pretty much always honestly try to answer questions. And I have been on this forum for well over 2 decades, most of it as a moderator even. Search is pretty bad these days though. I spent the last few minutes trying to find what you are on about, but I failed. What is the link to the post where you asked me a question and I did not reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭amandstu

No the winning of wars of defence gives them the right to retain territory for the purposes of self defence.

Eg the Golan Heights.

(Not unjustifiable extensions of settlements on land already taken and lived on)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

The absolute abonimation of a world we live in now, i am crying out for anything to stop the slaughter of innocent people in gaza by psychopaths

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Again, gaza is tiny. The whole place is civilian populate. The NATO report in hamas human shields has maybe 10 documented examples over a 10 year stretch and some of those were self reported by anonymous IDF spokesperson and others were listed just as a residence were hamas members lived.

For the most part the word "proximity" is used, but in such a tightly packed space, they're always going to be in the proximity of civilians and anything that Israel hits is always going to be at civilians too. They don't say if proximity is 10 metres or 1000 metres. And again, it's nearly all anonymous IDF self reported stuff. Only 3 of the reports came from either a Palestinian source or what would be considered a Palestine sympathetic source.

Same document is literally the only source for what are vague anonymous hamas spokesperson lines on human shields that could just be as interpreted as people are willing to die for their freedoms .

One side controls this narrative

And this is not a defence of hamas. They're an abhorrent organisation, but they also routinely witness the illegal displacement , inpronsement and killing of their fellow civilians and nobody seems to care

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ive just read back through your posts on this thread,you didn't give a running commentary on deaths from the 7th of October massive terrorist attack,if anything you blame Israel wether it be deflection or whataboutry, your claims about innocents only seems to apply to one side ,

I find it quite disengenious, when we had open denials of Israeli deaths of children and women you didn't say a word ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Rezident

Why does "progressive" Ireland support violently homophobic Palestine? Genuine question, it does not make sense. Is the Irish support for Palestine a relic of the IRA? I saw a lot of Palestinian flags in the Republican areas of Belfast. In reality, Palestine is nothing like Ireland, and after the radical Islamists kill the Jews in Israel, the rest of us "infidels" are next, probably starting with the LGBT community.

The LGBT people who attack Israel and support Palestine - what do you think the radical Islamists will do with gay people, aside form the official ten years in prison according to Hamas? Can nobody else see how completely insane this situation is?

• Advertisement

UNRWA= United Nations Relief And Works Agency

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

The Nagasaki bomb detonated right above factories supplying the war. Would you consider that a valid target?

Hiroshima was a major port and military base (20k out of 120k dead where soldiers), a valid target?

We have numbers for Hiroshima, 1 in 6 dead were soldiers, 5 in 6 civilians, is that disproportionate?

If the IDF bombed a building and killed 50 civilians to take out 10 Hamas.... is that disproportionate?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The best attempt at clutching at straws I have ever seen, congrats, dude!

The atomic bombs on Japan and the allied bombs on Europe were war crimes. One could argue they were necessary, but this current regional war has nothing to do with war crimes or the necessity to commit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I'm asking you about IDF attacks being disproportionate. Amnesty have documented war crimes in Gaza by the IDF. People here dismiss the claims as they believe it's proportionate. Wiping out entire families, targeting civilians etc... something something about Hamas in tunnels under building etc...

These are agencies on the ground in Gaza gathering evidence of such claims and people dismiss them so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Israel isn't invading Gaza for gay rights. This is not a real argument in favor of bombing civilians to hell, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

I've actually sat and stared at your post, incredulously, for quite a while, practically dumbfounded at it's naivety and daftness.

So, let me get this right. You're worried that a population of a region, predominantly made up of children, will turn their "violently homophobic" ethos against the rest of the gays of Europe. Do you honestly believe that the sexual orientation of a privileged, entitled, immature, narrow-minded, over-indulged and frankly world-ignorant tiny section of our first-world society is top of the Palestinian people's priority list at the moment?

You do realise that there are thousands of children, some of who are absolutely gay, being savagely brutalized by a country who's radical religious elements also frowns upon such sexual orientation. Do you think that the Palestinian paramedics desperately trying to save children right now as you sleep soundly in your nice secure bed, are making the choices whether to save a clearly homosexual teenager, or a straight teenager in the bombed-out treatment centres?

Did you study history in school? If you did, it shouldn't even enter your mind, homosexual or otherwise, why Ireland supports the oppression of a people, regardless of their views on whether someone likes a penis or a vagina. Do you think that there are no Muslim LGBT citizens? Have you ever been to Afghanistan or Pakistan or read about the homosexual culture in Muslim nations? In fact, have you ever left your soft, squishy bubble of comfort you so desperately cling to for fear that, after the nasty, queer-bashing Palestinian teens have wiped out their enemies, they're coming straight to Europe to seek you out?

Having been to Gaza, Jordan, the Golan Heights, Syria and Iraq, I can guarantee you that your sexual preferences, or anyone elses, is the last thing on the minds of the Palestinian people.

Finally, at your next opportunity, travel to the middle East and try and find the nation you keep referring to as Palestine. Thanks to the British and Israeli governments, you may have some difficulty.

Post edited by greenpilot on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The history of successful targeted assassinations of top Hamas leaders over the years would suggest otherwise. Mahmoud Al-Zahar is one of the few Hamas leaders to live into old age. Mossad have infiltrated Hamas very well over the years. In this current conflict the Israeli have tracked down and killed most of those involved in the October 7th attacks due to good intelligence. Shizwar and Dief are among the few leaders still left alive in Gaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Do Americans truly believe in God , and Jesus, or is it just a drum they bang to look high and mighty, to win votes in the bible belt. The American love in with Israel is weird to say the least. Americans love to bang on about the Lord, the Bible, God, Jesus, do they even read the Bible, because the Wrath of God is there, and it's aimed very much at Israel. So how do they balance that, with this endless love, as if you do truly believe in God, then surely you'd follow the Bibles view

The Lord’s anger burns against these people; his hand is raised and he strikes them down. The mountains shake, and the dead bodies are like refuse in the streets. Yet for all this, his anger is not turned away, his hand is still upraised. (Isaiah 5:25

The Bible passage above is from the prophet Isaiah, who is warning Israel that God’s judgment is coming. In fact, the entire chapter is one long indictment against the Jewish people of Israel. ''They’ve become corrupt and arrogant, and God has had enough.They had rejected the Lord, killed him, and utterly turned down His word and wisdom. The Lord in Heaven will not allow these people to defy Him without end. Now that era of wickedness is ending. Invading armies are coming to cause death and bodies will line the streets. ''

So yea, how do the Bible bashing Americans balance their beliefs against their interests ?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I can't answer your question fully but may I at least present the new Speaker of the House of Congress:

This is who will be authorizing any spending to Ukraine, Israel, etc. and this is the level of loony the US is reckoning with. Is it the majority of Americans no I don't think so, but it's a large enough and gerrymandered majority that they wield a frightening amount of power in the US political system. And a subset of them are hard set in sensational beliefs within the framework of abrahamic religious texts, particularly about the end times and who stands with Israel. This isn't just my own experience from personal interactions, it's been otherwise documented:

https://wapo.st/49etRg4

Wapo previews don't work on the current platform version here. Article is free though.

Add to that, many Americans believe it's the end-times

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2022/12/08/about-four-in-ten-u-s-adults-believe-humanity-is-living-in-the-end-times/

Pew is also banjaxed:

And to be frank, these types are the same type who have been exploiting energy wealth in the middle east for decades on the part of the US, and century+ for Britain etc. they're the same types of conservatives who chair oil companies and suppress decades of climate research - you can sort of come to the suggestion that they've engineered the end-times.

So maybe these are the end-times, I mean the US basically indicated aliens could for maybe be piloting UAPs but we're all like yeah cool sorry too busy focusing on avoiding nuclear war.

How do you differentiate between a Palestinian civilian and a Hamas supporter at a border crossing? Some would say they are not mutually exclusive states

Is there a uniform, membership card?

Should civilians fill in a form like the US visa one where they declare they aren’t a party member?

I just can’t see how that would work, and agree with you that it would not be simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Zionist Christians believe that all the Jews need to be back at the scene of the crime in order for armageddon to kick off.

That and oil I reckon.

Hold on a minute. Someone else introduced Nagasaki and Hiroshima and said they were not on military targets, when they were as much so as many of the Israel bombs.

Don't open the door and piss and moan about it when it's called out

Post edited by Weepsie on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Cordell

So the devout Christians should support the genocide of the Jews because a questionable interpretation of a book from the OLD testament says so? Sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,520 ✭✭✭brickster69

I think you will need to change " have " to " were " soon enough.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

Hamas also told us 500 or even 800 people died in a hospital attack.

Their figures must absolutely be mistrusted.

Big build up of military transporters sent East in the last 24 hours.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Another day, another threat from Israel to bomb a hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Yes, they must, but the figures regarding civilian deaths from the main Aid Agency there can be, and they have similar figures to the health ministry. You should also be skeptical of information coming from the IDF, given they have a history of lying too.

Post edited by nacho libre on

They also have a history of objustifcation and obstruction. They wouldn't coopearte with the FBI's request into the death of the journalist they murdered last year, Shireen Abu Akleh, and then said the UN investigation and investigator were anti-semites, a person that they had personally voted for and mandated to extend their role on the committee they had been on.

All of a sudden when it doesn't suit them they play the anti-semite card.

• Advertisement

- Camille Paglia

Advertisement