Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Aawwk im wile sorry I bored you to death with my Donegal accent Smiggy..

.. I hope when you keeled over you were inspired to donate your body @2smiggy 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 24,838 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I had a dream. Santa is searching for a Joe Duffy narrated audiobook of Just Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That remind me of the Joe Duffy soundboards when they were still live. Always good for a giggle.

they

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

This padre was very PC compared to Fr Wishy Washy that used to be on with Navan Man The Drunken Politician on The Last Word back in the day.

Actually to think of what the Last Word is now and what is was back then. Dunphy would be spinning in his grave if he was dead!

• Advertisement

Dat would be a dis, dat, dem and dose overload in all in anywayz so it would be do be do be and dat so to speak - dja follow me?

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

In udder news, a friend asked me to review their application for a job in De HSE so they did. To my horror and dismay the following senstence appears in the application form:

Do you require reasonable accommodations for a disability or difference?

It seems Joespeak is catching on in official Ireland and dat.

• Omg! Hope you told them to state they have a Difference, as it is incumbent on public service to employ x number of people with A Difference. We used to get an annual anonymous circular to tick whether or not we had a disability. Union official told us it was a requirement to have a minimum percentage of employees with a disability, so they were required to survey staff.

I told them to identify as a non-binary disabled person of colour from Cork and that they’d be guaranteed to get the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Joe telling people to put their key in the lock off the back door has to one of the most stupid things he has pusted.

If you have glass in the door then someone brakes that and hand in to turn the key to open the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,365 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A neighbour recently showed me a fancy eleventeen lever master class of security composite front door (I'd say €5k worth) they were proud as punch as getting fitteed to protect against croyme, I then seen the thumblock key inside directly behind the 4mm thick glass, whole thing was a joke.

Whoy not simply hang the key inside out of reach from glass breakage access?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭Tow

Just heard Joe on an advert for a Beatles LiveLine special. Is dat de new Funny Friday, so to speak?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

95% of people recycle already via household collection services and the local tip.

Its simply a new tax. ..and a substantial one at that.

If you can't see that then your blinded by the green agenda label.

• I think Kevin Breakheart must have made a cut on Funny Frydays, but agreed to allow in-studio celebration of events such as the Beatles. Will Paul McCartney or Ringo Starr phone in? No chance the former, but there’s a chance the latter might make a vocal appearance.

• You are quite right, it’s a new tax. Many people won’t be able to get their money back, eg people living rurally without cars, disabled & elderly etc. The irony of it being that a cohort would be making extra car journeys to return the items en bulk to get money back, and the Greens supposedly not wanting us to do this.

Next Thursday. Joe has to out dolly KT with her Dolly interview, so to speak.

De Beatles are releasing a new AI generated LP. Joe no doubt will be lining up de auld wans who saw da fab 4 in Dublina, probably with clips of Uncle Gaybo from de RTE Archives. We might even be treated with interview with Sir Paul and co. They do after all have a album to flog. Advertising slippage as Kevin calls it.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Cawlur, you have reached de LiveLine. Do you have a problem with tax and dat? Has de Scope knocked on your door with a category 3 compliance intervention?

• My faaader was very security conscious, all internal downstairs doors locked from hall every night, everything plugged out, front door had yale lock with key in it, a bolt and a chain. The key was always left in it in case of Foyre, the bolt & chain helping hold against buglers who might have managed to grab the key.

• I keep on and on and on getting text and email reminders to get me Covid booster, I did that many weeks ago but their database does not seem to have been updated. I have the cert and all. Was offered it when I got de flew vaccine and took it in spite of its deadly effects… well because I’m due to get immune suppressing treatment in new year.

• Advertisement

Is this a sophisticated scam to get de wunderful fantastic Ryan Tubridy back onto RTE?

• JOE: We want cawlurs to sing a verse or two of their favourite Beatles song…

…on line 1 we have Martine from Belmullet. Martine what is your favourite Beatles track and can you give us a verse?

MARTINE from BELMULLET: I’m happy to oblige, Joe, conas atá an cois?

JOE: Me cuss? Wharrabout me cuss?

MARTINE from BELMULLET: Hush Joe while I render a verse from Paul McCartney…

Sweet Loretta Martin thought she was a woman

But she was another man (yew can’t say dat, yew can’t say dat)

All the girls around her say she's got it coming

But she gets it while she can

Oh, get back, get back

Get back to where you once belonged

Get back, get back

Get back to where you once belonged

Get back Loretta, woo, woo

Go home

JOE: Bad line, bad line… have we someone on line 2? A Paul from Liverpool?

PAUL McCARTNEY: That was a great line Joe…

As stupid as it is, it's probably not even in de Top 10 of stupid tings he's said on air and dat.

Just doing a search, as you do and

Joe: It duz be a great pleasure to have de wunderful fantastic Paul McCarthy from De Beatles on de show and dat. Go ahead Paul.

Paul: It's McCartney Joe. And Sir Paul.

Joe: Yeah, yeah. Of course. Anyway, tell me abour de new album you made on ChatBBC.

Paul: Well it wasn't quite like that Joe.....

Joe: Was dare any trouble with de auld Gee Dee Pee Arrr making de album and dat?

Paul: Well again Joe it wasn't really created quite like you seem to imagine.

Joe: I have a friend who's a big fan, he's met you and he said to say hello.

Paul: Oh, who is that?

Joe: Ryan.

Paul: I don't think I know a Ryan Joe.

Joe: He has a selfie with you with bits of chicken sandwich between his teeth. He was told not to ask for a picture but he did anyway. Dja not remember him?

Paul: Oh yes, I do seem to recall that unpleasant incident now that you've brought it up. What's he at these days?

Joe: Ahem....ah....Moving on.....tell me about de album in all and anyways, did ya make it on de EyePad?

Paul: Well again Joe, I'm not sure you really seem to have a grasp of how one would record an album, but it's a rather more complex and complicated process than that.

Joe: Would it be as good as U2's latest album?

Paul: I'm not quite sure of the relevance of that question as musically we'd be very different genres.

Joe: Or maybe Dermot Kennedy's or Robert Mizzell's? I got dem free from de record company. I didn't get wan a yours btw......and I'm doing a whole show on yours. Just sayin'.......

Paul: I'm really not sure of the relevance of these questions Joe. Could we talk about my record please?

Joe: Well excuuuuuuse me......so g'wan den, tell me about yer oh so special record Mr. Record Man....

Paul: Joe, I don't wish to sound rude here, but I really have to ask, are you even familiar with my works?

Joe: Huh? Of course I am, I'm yer biggest fan in Ireland except for Ryan.

Paul: Really? What would your favourite song of mine be?

Joe: I'd say de song ya did wit de frogs and dat.

Paul: Really.....(sigh). Any others?

Joe: Mary Had A Little Lamb, I do love dat.

Paul: Fascinating. Did you like Imagine too?

Joe: I loved dem all Paul, shure I told you I'm your biggest fan.

Paul: And your favourite album?

Joe: Hard to choose with so many but if pushed I'd say Greatest Hits, Volume 2.

Paul: Goodbye Joe.

Joe: Wha? Ah here.....ah ah....back after deeeze.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

Is Joe an FFer?

Joe is a dyed in the wool 100% Fianna Failer caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,399 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Dem bloody buglers in the middle of the night

Dey startle you awake from a decent kip

Blowing deir brass and blaring you with fright

Den you find you've let one slip.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Advertisement