Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Dr Mike Ryan of the WHO said Palestinians were sheltering on hospital grounds with the assumption that won't be bombed. He said there were 30,000 people at a single hospital site. He also said two thirds of the Gaza deaths so far are women and children. I find Ryan very balanced but he sounds so frustrated with the lack of aid getting in to the medical staff. He is a former surgeon and said the medical staff will never leave their patients no matter how horrific the situation is.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Shehal

Yeah but how many Israeli citizens have been killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You didn't look hard enough because you'll find that i did and snide comments won't stop me continuing. I have always only mentioned the deaths of innocent children as adult death could be contrived by people like you to be legit as they could have backed Hamas or Israel whereby children cannot be. It is still 3,595 murders of children by Israel and 40 murders of children by Hamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

What Hamas did to Israeli citizens back at beginning of October was terrible - a lot of bloodshed. And we'll park the reasons behind this. It was expected that Israel would retaliate and kill a couple of thousand people in Gaza. An eye for an eye in their book. But instead they have lost all reason and are bent on annihilation. Their response is completely and utterly disproportionate. And at least part of the reason for this is that Netanyahu thinks he has to show himself to be strong, in order to save his own pathetic political skin.

There are many Jewish people appalled at what Israel is doing. And it is up them worldwide to stand up and march on their own embassies and demand a cessation. I had Jewish lads in school with me, as good as any other and I'd have no problem with them, still know them via social media. But it is the state of Israel that has increasingly become a cancer.

I read his reports too. He is very fair and balanced unlike many others. Terrible what the innocents are going through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Israel was on the way to normalising relations with more and more other states in the Middle East. This is not the actions of a 'cancer' state, whatever that abhorrent term means.

So frankly your description of Israel as a 'cancer' is as utterly wrong as it is utterly offensive. You well know that if Hamas and Iran and their allies had their way, if Israel's defences failed, there would be a second Holocaust.

We saw what happened on October 7th, the echoes of SS death squads going door to door brutalising and brutally killing defenceless civilians with no pretext of any military target. These are not freedom fighters. These are murderers bent on exterminating Jews and infidels.

Israel is defending itself. Hamas have turned Gaza into an armed camp and bunker, used it to launch attacks against Israel from built up areas. This is on Hamas.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

The numbers here look up-to-date in comparison to numbers reported by reputable sources (Israel & International aid agencies)

2023 Israel–Hamas war - Wikipedia

Israeli casualties as a result of attacks and rockets from Hamas and other Palestinian terrorist groups

• 1,412 killed
    • 5,132 wounded
    • 234 abducted
    • 100–200 missing

It's a disgusting war and it's very hard to see where the bloodshed will end...for this round even.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,564 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The US, this past week elected as speaker of the House of Representatives, a man who has said that if anyone wants to understand his philosophy on anything all they have to do is read the Bible. His wife apparently runs a therapy business that equates homosexuality with beastiality. He has Saud that marriage is only acceptable if it's between a man and a woman.

Evangelical Christians in that country have said that the government should be directed by the church.

Countries such as Hungary, Russia (obviously) and even Poland in recent years have shown themselves to view gay people as inferior.

Anyone here over the age of 30 lived in an Ireland in which it was illegal to perform homosexual activity.

He'll, prominent posters supporting Israel here spent a lot of time on this platform targeting trans people.

So stop with this faux concern on behalf of gay people as to how they would be treated in Muslim countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Bringing the worlds problems to your door step. The benifits of multiculturalism.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Looks like a pro Palestinian rally to me. What makes it anti-Israel in your mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

A classic bit of colonial justification. Them natives need governing. Total nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

The acquisition of territory by force is expressly illegal under international law. They have no "right".

I have read about Mossad knowing everything Hamas is planning before but where were they when October 7th was being planned? Is there something they're not telling us now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

For eight decades, Israel has used the greatest historical outrage of all, the Holocaust, as the ultimate moral blackmail to buy the west's silence. Over those eight decades, Israel steadily became a monster. Every awful act that Israel committed could be justified because the Holocaust happened.

Nobody in a position of power in the west was prepared to stand up to Israel in any way, ever. Israel was enabled like an out of control son being enabled by a wealthy pushover father. Anything they wanted, they got. They spiralled more and more out of control.

Politicians in the west fell over themselves to be as pro-Israel as possible because they feared the consequences of not being seen to be as pro-Israel as possible. Ursula von der Leyen did, because she's German, and Nazi Germany committed the Holocaust, and Ursula von der Leyen feels German guilt and so goes full cheerleader for Israeli war excess. Keir Starmer does it because he wants power and wants to be seen to be the opposite of Jeremy Corbyn. Joe Biden does it because if you're not seen to be fanatically pro-Israel, you're toast in the US.

We never, ever hear of a western politician in a position of power calling for Israel to remove the illegal settlements in the West Bank. Never. Israel occupies the west bank. Each time Palestinians tried peaceful resistance, they were shot down completely. The BDS movement is an example of peaceful resistance. What happens? It's met with constant, furious cries of anti-Semitism. There is no resistance that cannot be anti-Semitic according to Israel's supporters. That's totalitarianism.

"Never again" is being used to justify "again".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Well that's the question right? I'd say it's a mixed bag... Half of them probably doesn't even know why they are there..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,564 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

Israel is a 1st world country where people actually have human rights and it is a liberal democracy (despite issues in the WB or the current government). You know like they can for example freely dance and be happy at an open-air festival before being murdered by Palestinian thugs.

In Israel all people including of any religious, political and sexual orientation are safe and free. And that includes Israeli Arabs. Thousand times more than in a theoretical Palestinian country and million times more than in Gaza.

It is absolutely certain that indeed independent Palestine would be an autocratic, islamist, corrupted, anti-democratic hell hole where people wouldn't be free - women would be abused, non-Muslims (and non-Arabs!) marginalised and persecuted, secularists and liberals jailed and oppressed. How can anyone in the democratic 1st world support this? I mean seriously, it's an insanity. I don't care about Palestinian "priority" if the above is almost certain outcome of the Palestinian end game.

Palestinians were Nazi allies during the WW2 and antisemites:

Subsequently, al-Husseini declared in November 1943:

It is the duty of Muhammadans [Muslims] in general and Arabs in particular to ... drive all Jews from Arab and Muhammadan countries... . Germany is also struggling against the common foe who oppressed Arabs and Muhammadans in their different countries. It has very clearly recognized the Jews for what they are and resolved to find a definitive solution [endgültige Lösung] for the Jewish danger that will eliminate the scourge that Jews represent in the world.

Hamas is an ally of Russia, Iran/Hesbollah and Syria - the most despicable ruthless autocratic regimes on the surface of the Earth. That enough is all one needs to know.

Everything else is just noise, whataboutism and nonsense.

• Advertisement

Tell me again how pictures of Hamas are going to win end of year awards 🤡

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

Do democratic countries have the right to behave in monstrous ways towards others? Did we say "the US is a democracy, Iraq is not, therefore we should support the US waging war in Iraq?" Well, maybe some people did. They were bloody wrong.

And what Israel is doing to the Palestinians is worse than what the US did in Iraq.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

You have to wonder if the hawks ( like BIBI) see this as a golden opportunity to finally firmly and decisively deal with what they see as the Palestinian problem?

would they retake all of Gaza and exile the entire two million population?

the American public won’t back boots on the ground in Ukraine but will happily sign a blank cheque for any action at the behest of Israel

Where were they when Saudis terrorized Yemen? 350k murdered since 2015

Where are protesters against Irans morality thugs battering young girls to death?

Why is it you don't see angry intimidating demonstrations against Russia?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Israel has normalised its realionship with most of the Arab states which is good thing but its not suffering an existential threat from anyone unless you think Iran can suddenly leapfrog countries to invade israel. Thankfully Israel has defences in place to swat any attacks against it.

Israel has gone beyond defence and is now killing civilians in a ghetto it helped create, an actionable reminiscent of actions taken in world war 2.

And stop with the nonsense that anything Israel does that can be considered bad is on hamas. The bad things Hamas did should not be blamed ion Israelso vice versa. If a state acts like a terrorist to attack a terrorist then they are becoming a terrorist too. They are terrorising the civilians of Gaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Israel don’t give a fig about the so called “ PR battle “ and they are not at all loosing it in America, the only place they care about

Advertisement