Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewing BER cert

• 29-10-2023 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anyone know the process for renewing a BER cert? Mine is due to expire next year and I do not have the supporting documentation for it. The house was bought new and I guess the developer supplied the BER assessor with the details. Developer has since gone bust. Can I expect to retain my current BER rating without this documentation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Biker1

Without the supporting documentation defaults will have to be used by the assessor which will invariably lead to a worse BER rating. If there is any way of getting hold of the original BER assessor to do a new assessment then this is probably your only option to get an accurate BER.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Fill in your MPRN here: https://ndber.seai.ie/pass/ber/search.aspx

Then you can order the certificate from SEAI. Once you have that you will have the name of the person or company who done the original.

They will have to come out to do a reassessment if you want another cert though. No need to get one though unless you need it for selling or some sort of green loan / grant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Biker1

Since GDPR rules came in there are no assessor details other than a number on the cert.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

BER will also have an advisory report and that will include the assessors name. A quick google with the name and BER should get you a contact path. Mine was done in 2016 but SEAI sent it to me in 2021 without issue. You might be right about now but the OPs one was done nearly 10 years ago and should have the assessors name on it if its going out of date soon.

Advertisement