Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That reminds me of , in the bad old days , getting a lift to the ( one of ) the local villages . At the army checkpoint the driver couldn’t remember his reg. Cue him getting out to read it and English voices screaming through the speakers ‘ get back in the car ‘ , and him shouting back ‘do you fcuking want the reg or not , you ( insert a curse word ). Obviously back when drink driving was more acceptable .

My plums. As in the fruit. Most fruit I buy I leave for a while to ripen. Plums seem to get bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve an aunt, 92 in the UK who hasn’t been contactable for a couple of days… one of her sisters here is in a blind panic calling everyone worried that something might have happened…. She has two daughters not a million miles away from her over there so if something did happen it’s pretty likely we’d have found out by now…

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

In fairness, it depends on the type of daughters she has. A cousin of mine let his mother have 11 falls in the house (with cuts to head and face) before he asked the neighbours to decide whether she needed an ambulance. You couldn't make it up. I haven't spoken to him since I found out, not even at my aunt's funeral.

Anyway she’s been found safe, happy and well, phone provider had an outage and she never thought to switch her mobile on…

a box with about 9 kilograms of coins from my travels over the years….

punts, sterling, Kroner - Swedish and Danish, drachma, francs…and more besides I’ve tried to count and sort…a pain in the ass…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I had one of those boxes with all sorts of coins - tossed it in the bin last week and still wonder why I kept it so long. I’m not normally a hoarder.

I do that as well . Old Irish coins , Chinese , Canadian etc coins . Petty I blew most of the money I earned there and kept the coins 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Actually got rid of some stuff today. In two minds about it. Another TA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,499 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

C*nts at the cinema. They've taken something I love and almost completely ruined it for me at this point. I went to see Killers of the Flower Moon when it came out and I had to shout at someone to get them to turn their phone to silent. I think the subscription thing is part of the problem where people aren't paying for each film but f*ck me it's exhausting at this point. People can't put their phones down for a few measly hours and just enjoy a movie. Granted, it's been a grim few years mostly but at least show some respect. Cinemas can go f*ck themselves as well. They need to be putting staff in each screening to throw out the refuse.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Glasgow Rangers poppy is getting bigger every year. It's almost as big as the badge and sponsor now. Next year it will take up more than half of the jersey.

• Advertisement

When you are feeling really down and someone is practicing piano all morning in the house and it's really sad music and it makes you feel even more down. You leave the house and when you come back it's still playing. 🎃

Yup. It's heartbreaking. They are going to have to have phone free screenings for people who want to watch a movie and regular screenings for the 4 year old adults.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,499 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I just don't get how mentally stunted you have to be to be so addicted to the stupid things that you can't let them sit in your pocket for a few hours. I only bring mine because it's how I show my ticket. It's gotten noticeably worse since covid as well.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

People talking and the light from mobiles are a real distraction.

Went into town earlier to Easons but it wasn't open. Thought it opened at 11am. Must be 12pm on a Bank Holiday. I'm home. Wasted trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,485 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you stop a little to far away from the toll booth and you've to sort of climb out the window to pay!

I drove in behind another car, prepared to get my coins and the gate stayed up. I ended up not having to pay. Has that ever happened to anyone before?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is that not more for the Trivially Happy thread, no? :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Not if he gets a fine for tailgating and toll avoidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

🙄

Yeah, people eh? Those innocent phone manufacturers and software behemoths just wanted to make a nice little product and us slick consumers had to go and get addicted to them….

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

I wasn't tailgating. I actually waited a few seconds for the gate to go back down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Quite clearly it's a gesture of little depth in the main. Performative exclusion. But that's groupthink for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I normally get the first book in a series to see if it is any good but saw a 4 part going cheap so bought them as it is by an author I read before and liked.

Not enjoying book 1 😞

Self help books have been replaced by self help videos on YouTube. And they are still as annoying in video form as in book form.

When your attention span has got so bad you can only skim and/or watch short videos on YouTube.

A person living and working in the same time zone ie. the UK….. but you can never make contact them after about 9pm which I endeavoured to do tonight again … but yesterday I gets a WhatsApp from them at 7.52 am…. 😏 they don’t work shift, they don’t have children or any weird commitments that has them up at the crack of dawn so….getting WhatsApp’d at all hours of the morning…. Even if I’m up / awake that early I’m not going to be whatsapping, messaging, phoning but you’re not ever going to contact this individual after 9pm….it’s weird as fück…. I don’t usually remember to put my phone on silent so…. 🙄

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just stayed up too late again. Why can't I learn? Now worried about getting up in the morning which will of course will keep me awake further.

Maybe they turn internet off on their phone after 9 pm so they only get your messages when they switch it back on in the morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Proper order too. Down time is important*

* says the guy on the internet at midnight.

TA I can't sleep

• Advertisement

How to get ahead in society?

Willful ignorance, greed and cunning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement