Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭I see sheep

How many babies killed I wonder?

3,195 innocent children murdered by Israel, an counting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

As if he would say if he did.

Presumably the answer is ‘none of your business.’

Some people can cope with both. No need for you to concern yourself if it’s too much for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

Just to clarify, I'm very confident that most of the posters here who are accused ad being "pro-Israel" (or whatever) are very much in line with this position.

"Israel simply wanted peace." 🤣 I'll stop reading his nonsense there.

Funny how you have FCK PTN in Ukrainian colours as your avatar but seem happy to ignore Israel commiting the same war crimes as Putin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,749 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Amazing statement that. Yet many of you lose the head whenever I mention the number of innocent children murdered in the conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Looks like Israeli forces have reached the salah al din road in Northern gaza it's possible in the next 7 days they can take the whole of northern gaza, it will be interesting to see if Hamas will come out to play now the Israelis didn't play into there hands

And you wonder why the two hostile forces can’t agree? You can’t even read something from someone you disagree with. Utterly hopeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,144 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Israel and the international community must realise that an impoverished Gaza will always spawn terrorist groups. Always. It's absolutely inevitable. When the GFA was signed, the UK, Irish and American leaders knew they needed to immediately bring economic improvements to help keep the peace. And they did - unemployment dropped as new MNCs and industries were set up. Gaza is completely dependent economically on Israel and the unemployment rate there before the war was 50% (it was 70%+ in 2020). Youth unemployment rates (19 to 29) are 70 percent in Gaza. What do they think those idle minds will do? Bomb them all you want the the longterm solution lies elsewhere.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Nethanyu wasn't the first Israeli leader to prop up Hamas to suit their own ends. Yitzshak Amir's Government did it too despite many Israelis warning against him doing so. Does anyone see of the irony of the situation Bibi now finds himself in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭jmreire

It's not a clone of anything, its a statement of fact, taken from the Quran, and has been operational since the 6th century. If people want to assign different positions or interpretation's to it, then that's what they will do. But stating it does not mean that it's Islamophobia. Actually, down through the ages, Muslims have taken it to mean "The Unbelievers", regardless of their beliefs or lack of. Muslims have also included their fellow Muslims in the term "Unbeliever" when they didn't follow "their" brand of that religion. Shia V Sunni being the most obvious. But even within that framework, Wahhabi Muslims believe that even if you are a Sunni Muslim, unless you follow the Wahhabi version, you are not quite a 100% true believer.

Bibi is busy studying the old testament so he can have more fundamentalist rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭jmreire

In that region, Religion defines everything literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The body of Shani Luk has been recovered by the Israeli defence forces

it’s an opinion. don’t be scared of other people’s opinions. you might learn something or, even find you are wrong about the odd thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Cordell

Sure, but that doesn't mean the terrorists are some unfortunate souls that were pushed into barbaric savagery by their own tragedy. And same reasoning can (and should) be applied to Israelis, some of them will join IDF because their parents were killed in Palestinians attacks. It's a never ending cycle of war and violence, and it has no place for deceiving sob story pictures like that one, especially when it's so biased - the current wave of violence was started by the Palestinians.

A lot of truth in what you say but Hamas need to go for ordinary Gazans to have a chance. Hamas are not interested in economic development. Exhibit 1 - the leadership living it up abroad. Exhibit 2 - what they did to the agricultural greenhouses the settlers left when Israel pulled out.

Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Toilet Seat Affliction

You state - “Having been to Gaza, Jordan, Golan Hieghts Syria, Iraq I can guarantee you that your sexual preferences, or anyone elses, is the last thing on the minds of the Palestinian people”. So in your worldly view the oppression is so great they are worrying about survival and not about LGBT rights?

That may be true but if the oppression is so great why then are the Palestinians/Gazans every day congregating on the border with sling shots and rockets and not working? Doesn’t seem to me like they are scrounging around for crumbs or warmth to keep them alive? Are these rockets charitable contributions or can they not be exchanged for food? If they were really in dire need of survival they would have to leave or would die on the streets. They’re not doing that in massive numbers. For the most part they are living their self imposed compressed lives in some kind of debt to the land.

But they believe if they can sell this story to the world that there is massive oppression, but oppression they chose to hold onto and embrace in some attempt to display their manhood, and to demonstrate their preference for land over life, that they think confronting Israel and digging their heels in, they can overcome what is a much more black history of the Jewish people. Their time in Gaza is a joke compared to the Jews history around the world. Let us remember their poverty is in a large way self inflicted. Have they not rejected and destroyed desalination and solar power plants built for them by the Israelis because in their view it was some kind of Zionist cooperation? All economic cooperation with Israel is rejected outright.

And as for the LGBT community in the first world being in your words: “privileged, entitled, immature, narrow-minded, over-indulged and frankly world-ignorant tiny section of our first-world society”. Obviously your attempts to enlighten us with your grasp of things in the eyes of Palestinians isn’t showing your liking of first world society. If you really have that distorted a view on it, then why defend this country as you so possibly do, which I have determined by you so fondly reminding us of your vast military connections and knowledge.

And as for that sweet entitled world in which us Irish live in, you can thank the English for that. Calling for world outside US/British oversight is naive and traitorous to the lives spent guaranteeing that freedom by harking back to times when we were oppressed. No doubt you hark for a world under Nazi or Russian rule in some warped alternate reality where Ireland is supposedly free. The levels of depravity and mass murder would be ten times that of the English.

You also wish to patronise the poster with your supposed worldly view despite it being distorted in feelings of oppression and lack. Irish people lived happily for the majority of our existence. This idea of oppression is was always has been a carrot to sell to the population to geta minority into power. We see it today with the exploitation/spreading/ perpetuation of homelessness, addiction, poverty.

When the reality is, it is a very small section of society suffering under those conditions, usually the exploiters make it out it is much larger section than it actually is. And that exploitation and magnifying of it and even relief of it financially, perpetuates it. Often they were willing to die for that power. All societies have rich and poor people. The exploiters have and always will sell populism and oversell the poverty, and the hope of a better life, once they get the masses to murder the more successful hard working people or in their view their harsh masters.

Your act of - I have seen the world I only wish to enlighten you of my worldly view - is also tainted in consesesncion and warped sense of how the world really is. It also smacks of military elitism that your viewpoint is more accurate or that you know the ingredients of freedom more than the poster. When the real answer is that civility and civilisation not war/revolution/liberty/military is the reason for freedom.

End note - Given you’ve in previous posts stated that you know the blast radius of different makes of rocket launchers and have experience with explosives I think we can safely say you are military personnel of some kind. Moreover, your posting of maps of plane flight paths and preaching of your travails to war zones indicates this.

Post edited by Toilet Seat Affliction on

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

• Advertisement

First and foremost, we cannot rely on Hamas data. They have proven to be consistent liars, pumping out inaccurate data on an ongoing basis.

Second, there's a difference between "killed" and "murdered". Israel is not "murdering" anyone except Hamas targets.

Unfortunately in all wars, civilians end up killed. Hamas is doing everything possible to maximize these civilian casualties, so that people across the planet expend unmitigated outrage against Israel.

It's a propaganda trick, and it appears to be working well for them.

When Hamas murdered and burned 1,400 civilians and babies, we didn't see anywhere near the same level of outrage. And that really was "murder"; it was targeted and deliberate. Instead, we saw parades across the globe in support of Hamas's so-called "resistance" against Israel.

I'm not going to be lectured by these same people, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Footage out of Gaza showing the IDF openly targetting civilian vehicles. Cold blooded murder

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

• Registered Users Posts: 9,144 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Oh 100% Hamas have to go. How you do that is another thing. Indiscriminate killings of innocent people will only swell their ranks. The IRA had to go too and we managed it somehow. The people are less likely to support the violent crazies if they have economic stability.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mikeoc85

It’ll be painted as they were fleeing so were a suspected terrorist.

It’s incredible seeing some of the posts on here arguing the IDF are justified. What’s the justification for what’s happening right now in the West Bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Pure land grab in Jenin. The IDF destroyed the Jenin gate,

Unfortunately what happened on 7th October means Israel are going to try and do so militarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Rezident

Shani Louk, the 22 year old girl that was kidnapped at the music festival has been confirmed dead.

But why did they choose to parade her naked, dying body to their people? And to broadcast the video online so her family would see it? Why were all the people in the video cheering at the naked body of a dying 22 year old peace protestor? They look so happy and proud of their work. Stripping and defiling and humiliating a dying girl.

If you have not seen the video, do not ever watch it, you will never be able to get it out of your head.

But what is that? That's not war, it is something else. I can only imagine what they did to that poor girl before she died.

But why parade her naked, dying body in public, through the streets and on social media? What exactly are they celebrating? Is it because she was so beautiful? Is it a radical Islamic thing? Is it because she was wearing a revealing dress? Does anyone know, psychologically, anthropologically, what does that even mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Toilet Seat Affliction

• Advertisement
Advertisement