Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Richard Boyd-Barrett the worst person who has ever existed, including fictional characters?

Options
  • 31-10-2023 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

Is Richard Boyd-Barrett the worst person who has ever existed, including fictional characters? 116 votes

Yes
    48%
    ednwirelandZhanejackofalltradesgubbytargetyoungbirdmusiknonstop5uspectZirconiagoingnowhereDamien360HootananyHomerzac8coolbeans1635barryjoleen100Schnooksriddlesdonal666 56 votes
    No
    47%
    Graysonsuper_furryJoyPadBadly Drunk Boyliam24chubba1984francoisRobbieTheRobberHeart Break Kidmr cBeta Ray BillCollie DfrisbeefaceartanevillaDay Lewinancapailldorchacivis_liberalisVinLiegergodolphin55Hoop66 55 votes
    No, Jeremy Jihad Corbyn is even worse
    4%
    fatbhoyBig_Evil20silkcutSupaCat95[Deleted User] 5 votes
    Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

No

I think Richard Boyd-Barrett is an exceptional politician. He would certainly get my No.1 vote if he was a TD in my constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Difficult for him to claim such a title when he is in the same party as Paul Murphy.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭tphase

Surely you mean Richard Boyd Paul Murphy Barrett?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Stalin would be a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭amacca

I mean he's probably up there but its not as if there aren't many others in contention for the prize

If there was a ranking system I think it would be hard to separate the likes of Paul Murphy, Clare Daly, Mick Wallace, Gemma O'Doherty, Maria Bailey and Josepha Madigan ....I'd put all of them in front of him (or behind depending on how you look at it) in the rankings

And there are many many more contenders in all spheres of public life that deserve consideration for that honour...and if they don't become outright winners there should be other categories they can gain recognition in.

Eg: outstanding contributions in the field of spineless sleveenism

The lifetime achievement award for gombeenism

Best reckless disregard for honour and decency

Best politician in a corruption supporting role

Etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

Yes

Agreed but Gemma doesn't really count as a politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭amacca

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Don't be ridiculous. Shame on you.

You are trying to create a false equivalence between a power-hungry ruthless meglomanic, and the son of a simple Georgian cobbler.

Nowhere near close.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It's a road that, if taken, you may not return from.

Lightening quick on the draw for the megaphone.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭mode1990

Absolutely! Anyone who voted for Paul Murphy didn't hear the Pat Kenny interview regarding the nationalisation of Aer Lingus , I don't like the man but I was butt-clenching with embarrassment for him ! A smug Kenny said , well Paul you really didn't think it through !Oops

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭mode1990

And not forgetting a significant portfolio that included Texaco , unloaded so as to keep his working man appeal !

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

No

is he not technically in a different party?

Murphy in Rise.

Barrett is PBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭tphase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Yes

Most get tired of being an idiot student in their early twenties, for RBB that day never arrived

• I think Adolf Hitler as well as a couple of my bosses might have been a bit worse. 🧐

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

I don't like him but he's not even the worst person in his alliance; Paul Murphy takes that title. He thinks he has the answer to everything, is constantly outclassed in debates, has to have an opinion on everything, spent the last 20 years calling for sanctions against Israel and then contradicted himself when Russia invaded Ukraine by saying sanctions will harm women and children; now he's back calling for sanctions against Israel again.

Mick Wallace would be the most dislikeable elected politician; a shameless, low-quality human being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Richard strikes me as a chap who has his list ready for when the revolution comes and the shooting starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭riddles

Yes

He’d need someone to buy the bullets though!

Most likely the people on his list.

FFS, he's not even the worst of his alliance.

And none of those assh0les deserve to tighten the belt of Haughey or have a whip around for Bertie

• Registered Users Posts: 16,208 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭francois

No

A Poll just as ridiculous as some of Barretts policies.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Honestly, when someone comes out with a question like that, one can only wonder about their knowledge of history!

I don't agree with any of his policies nor do I know him, but the voters are entitled to elect whom every they wish to represent them. And in this case there are clearly a large number of people who agree with him and that is the price we have to pay for democracy - respect the views of those you don't agree with. My grand uncle, a veteran of the ware of independence, use to say the most difficult part of being a Republic was having to accept the will of the people when you don't agree with them. But given the alternative and he lived the alternative, he'd prefer it.

And realistically, it's not as if he is ever going to be in a position to do serious damage to the state of it's people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I am do not share as keen an interest in RBB as the others posting so I am not up to date on his actions, though I am unsure how any right minded person could dismiss the idea of sanctions on Israel witnessing the crimes against humanity and collective punishment of civilians they are currently perpetrating.

The acts of Hamas on October 7 were also crimes against humanity and I utterly condemn them but to borrow a phrase from the UN Secretary General in recent days, they did not happen in a vacuum, and the people of Palestine have been subject to 56 years of illegal occupation, so let's not pretend this was the first aggression between the parties, or as Netanyahu put it overnight 'Israel did not start this war'.

A recent brief history of the conflict by RTE made the point that when the British agreed to support the creation of an Israeli state the land was 90% Arab at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He's no Albert fish

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

A 50-something phoney sounding like a first year student politician, happy to sit on the sidelines throwing stones at those who have to make decisions, like the rest of his ilk he'd soil himself in office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

No

I severely dislike the man but calling him thee worst person to ever live is a bit hyperbolic. Im curious what he did to OP to cause this overblown reaction tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement