Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ admits paying Tubridy €345,000 more than declared

Options

Comments

• Today Claire has a feature on how da Gearóid Halloween sweets are for children’s teeth. Mammy radio at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Micheal Varadkar

It begs the question, why does "cash strapped" RTE have two Separate Radio programs on Radio 1 between 9 and Midday? Why not just have Today with Claire on for the full 3 hours? Years ago one program was light and the other was hard news but now that the Today with CB show has become so fluffy, it makes no since having two separate programs.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Yeah let’s all give out carrots and parsley - I’m sure the kids will be tickled pink 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

RTÉ spent €20,000 on staff trips to Cannes and Amsterdam over last two months amid spending cutbacks https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/rte-spent-20000-on-staff-trips-to-cannes-and-amsterdam-over-last-two-months-amid-spending-cutbacks/a16284378.html

• Registered Users Posts: 82,600 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

€500k spent on reviews in to Tubs salary and Toy Show The Musical...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

I read that and thought that was expensive but considering the attempts by the management to muddy the waters, trawling the accounts would not have been easy.

Without the investigation, the more important information on waste throughout the organisation would not have come to light and the taxpayer would have ponied up a lot more money to prop up RTE.

Is the full report in the public domain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭Tow

Nothing has changed under Kevin. Today we had to suffer Dáithí Ó Sé talking about his free new head of hair on the wireless.

I am a contractor and approved by 'The Boss' he says!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Its never ending. What next? A review into the cost of the review?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Moya Doherty would annoy you.

Seen her talking on the news piece about how all the rte mess started after she left. And she comes across so pompous.

"Oh we need a public service broadcaster"....yeah cos I'd say she did well out of rte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭tom23

I’d rather stick my head in a bucket of cow shite than listen to one word she has to say. The oversize glasses, the arrogance. No wonder that organisation is in the ****. And spare me out the saved us all during covid. The got enough taxpayers money in advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

So even as they whinge and beg for money to bail them out the gravy train continues to Cannes 🥴

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Marché International des Programmes de Communication (MIPCOM) is a TV and entertainment conference held in the luxurious French city of Cannes every year. RTÉ attends the conference to try to sell some of its programmes to international markets.

Yeah, the international markets just can't get enough of Baz, Kathryn and Francis Brennan

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

And everyone is clambering over themselves to pick up Fair City - such a load of BS

What programs have RTE exported over the past decade that were solely produced, advertised and financed by themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,600 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Moya Doherty is delushional, she still thinks Toy Show The Musical was a risk worth taking, despite it loosing €2.2 million and having a seperate free advert run of circa €1million, wtf. I suppose it's safe to assume they are continuing to pay massive storage fees for the TSTM set and costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭bigroad

How many productions did RTE buy of f Moya Dees Production company.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Collapse in licence fee revenue while Tubridy launches book for Marian Finucane's widower:

Still no broadcasting offers for Tubridy. No big podcast. No newspaper column.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

Steps taken to regain people’s trust. I’ve yet to see anything that could pass as one

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

whole place is up their own arse,,aye,"risk worth taking" sure,when its not your own money ffs...not a thing has changed since your man took over..every day theirs some new waste of money,cannes and amsterdam???for what...?check out the red carpet then amsterdam to blow a few joints?? time to close the place,few tech lads keep the equipment going,run a few films,news at 07:00,18:00 and 21:00 and keep it closed until all this shiet is sorted...

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Might be a wee bit drastic Babs…now I’m not a betting person but I would guess ,based on recent stuff about free hair transplants, that most of those not directly involved in current affairs have a some kind of …let’s call it ‘ deal going’ with some outfit or other.

I mean you have Lottie and Marty in car arrangements, O’Shea in hair arrangements, Tubridy on car promotion arrangements, another one one some boat deal..

It would be fair I think to assume that those mentioned above are not the only ones who have some ‘deal going’ based on their radio and tv profile.

I would hope and expect K.B .would at least cut that ligging out of the organisation.

Would be a small start.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

not half drastic enough,theyre still wizzing money away...and dont forget its our money...i dont know whos that o'shea lad?and he got a new free hair-do?ffs...if theyve all made these "arrangements" with whoever well then they must have enough arranged at this stage to f-off into the sunset...enough is enough at this stage

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭getoutadodge

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Moya Doherty off with the fairies.

This new lecture thing must have been really desperate if she was the main attraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

A happy day for children. And Claire Bland manages to create a misery segment out of it.

She would stop a clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

I hear TD Stanley this morning advising RTE board and management that the PAC are going to go to war over this meeting memo that RTE are refusing to divulge. He who pays the piper calls the tune. Time for some home truths and the former DG would be well advised to get her ass in there and explain matters asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭John arse

Yer man Cosgrave was a real laugh a minute?😁

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Former DG will NEVER give evidence to the PAC.

She is playing the mental health card so she doesn't have to answer for the mess she presided over for years. Waste upon waste of licence payers money. But as soon as she is asked to explain, she isn't well. She does a disservice to those with real health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

There should be an organisation chart created with where everyone works within the place. Let’s see the wastage of people where 10 people working on an 1 hour radio show. Rolls that are contract out like the entertainment news on 2fm. The budget each programme costs to run should be included. Of course we will never see things like that as it will just annoy people more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭RoTelly

I went to the lecture last night. Everyone was just their to praise Gay Byrne. Her speech was playing to an audience of intellectuals or at least she was trying to be intellectual all about AI on the future of media.

It was all luvvy dovvy, I tried to make a statement but Pat Kenny tol me I as a bore.

No one interested in the vast wastes of money at RTÉ.

RTÉ are up **** creak and the sooner its gone the better IMO.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭alzer100

"I tried to make a statement but Pat Kenny tol me I as bore"

Jesus!!! And I thought Pat Kenny invented boring. Is he keeping the folks at RTE sweet so he can keep the gravy train door ajar for himself?

The thing is I find the organisation is just a soap box for the government. It's very clear that the news on RTE is an exercise of pushing the government's agenda. Just cannot watch it anymore as I find it unbearable and any programming that they produce for TV is just... well s****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I think you are a bit over the top there, effendi..

As a National Broadcaster being funded by the taxpayer they have a mandate to put forward the Govt view.

Not agree with it … just put it forward and challenge it if necessary.

I feel they do this adequately….their own internal management style is another matter entirely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement