Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

The county intermediate football final which was due to go ahead in FBD Semple Stadium next Sunday, will not go ahead there.

The stadium management committee made the decision after inspecting the ground this evening.

The county ccc will make a decision on a new venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

something about TJ doesn't sit right , his CV is brutal other then his podcast work , this sounds like it was put together by Anthony daly for his cork examiner podcast , it might keep us entertained but nothing else,,

if i was to be sceptical , i would have always taught tipperary have better coaches then that knocking around ?

It’s not that TJ 😂

Clonoulty Rossmore’s TJ Ryan worked as a selector with Cahill at minor, under 20 and under 21 level. He managed Clon in 2010 and 2011

Back to back promotions for Lorrha. They will play senior next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

ye will have to give him a nickname so people like me don't get confused , if he's fat ye could call him chunky or something😂

• Advertisement

Look who is going to be on Ireland’s fittest family….

All the best to the Bonnars. A great family.

I see in an interview promoting the show Davy was on again about trying to pick up the side from the last management… Davy is playing one pathetic game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Paddico

Michael Quinlavin played a great game in the county final on Sunday.

Anyone know if he's back in the Tipp colours this year?

I think it will depend on the manager appointment...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Doesn't say much about the standard in Premier Intermediate when a team who came up from Intermediate and a clubs 2nd team were competing in a final. And some of the teams in that grade didn't like the relagation in the board room too.

Upperchurch will cake walk through Premier Intermediate next year. Nothing will come close to them. Teams will big egos like Cashel and Killenaule flop when the pressure comes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭KClon11

Crazy that the whole county club championship has passed without a manager being appointed

It's far from ideal. They're right to go for top caliber but it's another thing getting a top manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭1373

Very unlikely anyone would want the tipp job . Take Clonmel out of the picture and your left with a really poor championship. We now have teams that put football second getting to finals, semi finals. Last Sunday a team played in a senior county final with nearly Zero football played in the last month. Loughmore, upperchurch and Jk brackens all got to quater finals with little to nothing football training done. L-c and upperchurch were pipped with brackens actually reaching the final with no football preparation. What I'm saying is , any manager taking on tipp can't be expected to turn a sub standard championship into a decent county setup . Best of luck to whoever gets the job

Former Naas and Thomas Davis manager Paul Kelly is the latest name to be linked with the vacant Tipperary senior football manager’s position. In 2019, in his seventh year in charge Kelly brought Thomas Davis to their first senior Dublin final in 28 years prior to taking over Naas for the 2021 season.

Kiladangan have found out the last few years how hard it is to juggle two very competitive outfits - at senior and intermediate. Given that Thurles lost the prem intermediate last weekend by a point- and now they have to go again, while Kiladangan have had one sole focus for a while, I do wonder how it will effect prep for this final...

The two best intermediate hurlers all year for the Thurles side pulled up injured in the final last weekend - so, the idea they might have given them something extra from the bench this weekend is gone...

Have also heard that Willy Connors hasn't trained since. But I think that's his lot in life now due to the severity of the double ankle fracture incurred a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Fai play Kiladangan. some win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

Very good game in Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭supernova5

Superb entertainment, credit to all involved

Kiladangan gonna Kiladangan, either going to the wire or blowing teams away. Some days they have a load of wides (like today) or blow teams out of it.

Kiladangan had their homework done - created a mountain of opportunities and shot like crazy. Hard to know if they're gonna build on this or be happy with their lot.

Sean Hayes deserved this goal:

https://x.com/PremierviewPod/status/1718666110944285106?s=20

• Advertisement

p.s. congrats to the under 16 Tipp A & B teams who went to Kilkenny today and won their games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Another good game yesterday in Thurles. Sometimes replays can be a little underwhelming. Not this one it was competetive and exciting from start to finish. Thurles have won a lot down the years so i was hoping Kiladangan would win and led by man of the match Willie Connors they did it the hard way and finished in style. I think they'll beat the Clare winners and will be competetive against any team.

I thought Alan Flynn gave a good speech as captain after collecting the trophy yesterday. But he completely lost the run of himself in his media interviews afterwards. He had six years on the Tipp senior panel and there's no need to be questioning why he or his brother wasn't selected. They didn't set the world on fire either and a manager is entitled to bring in other players.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Crazy stuff from Flynn. And his misuse of the term "thrown under the bus" made it sound even sillier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Alan Flynn would do best to keep his powder dry until he sees how the team goes in the Munster Club Championship.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭KClon11

Some way to get back into the team by having a go at the manager 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭1373

See what happens when you win 2 county finals, you loose the run of yourself and even have a go at wexford County board and then make sure your clubmates are finished as well as yourself. Bizarre behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Sounds like the Golden Cleric speech out of Father Ted 😅

Just listened to more of what Alan Flynn said on radio after the game. He basically said it was crucial to them, not having players away with Tipp and allowed them to build real momentum with everyone available to train at the club. Now, Alan, which way do you want it?!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭newhouse87

He is Getting the most out of limited ability at club. He was bulldozed out of intercounty games.

Advertisement