Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So UFOs aren't a theory anymore - but we still don't know what they are

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Butson

From a human beings perspective, that makes sense.

But then you are trying to guess how a different species, one far more advanced than ourselves, may think.

Maybe it is ourselves, from the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Isn't it odd how when asked any questions, or encounter points they don't like believers have to react so extremely.

But anyone who doesn't immediately believe as they do is labeled as closed minded.

The point remains unaddressed. You believers are making the assumption that these aliens have hyper advanced knowledge and can defy the laws of physics, but are constantly crashing their ships.

If you're going to argue that not all of the reports of crashes are true, then you're going to have to specific which ones these are.

However, this means actually disagreeing with fellow believers, and this is forbidden for conspiracy theorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

None that I can think of, off hand ... that isnt mainstream now.. like believing that big oil is trying to corrupt the climate narative ( similar to big tobacco trying to corrupt the medical narrative back in the day) . This is self evident now (imo), it wasnt a decade ago.

I do believe that evidence of the nature of UFO's is being concealed. Probably for percieved military advantage.

I also think that when someone says :

.... but are constantly crashing their ships.

They are talking out of their arse, because they have NO idea of the frequency of visitation. If there were a trilion visits which resulted in 12 downed craft its safer than crossing the street and is not by any reasonable definition "constantly".

because they have NO idea of the frequency of visitation

Neither do you, and you assume that it's happening already (without any evidence for that assumption, either).

The reason I asked if you believe in any other conspiracy theories, is because you can quite clearly see how false other conspiracy theories are. Take the moon landing was faked, for example. You presumably adjudge that there is no evidence to sustain the claim. When you see believers in that theory talk, you can quite clearly see how deluded they sound. It's as clear as day. You don't even need to debate them, you know they are wrong. The same applies to flat Earthers etc.

My argument is that the way you view the moon landing fakers is exactly the same way that I view people who believe in UFO concealments / visitations.

In fact, I view them both in the same way. I'm consistent across the board.

You should apply the same scepticism to your own conspiracy theory that you apply to others. Then, perhaps, you might realise the errors of your thinking.

Maybe you should try addressing these people's points instead of obliquely referring to them because you're unable to address them.

it doesn't really fool anyone.

If all of the reports about crashed UFOs are to be believed, then it's a valid question of why so many are crashing.

You cannot address this as you are not allowed to cast doubt on any claims by fellow believers. Nor can you propose a sane reason for these constant crashes.

Unless you are proposing that trillions of visits are happening, or similarly absurd numbers, "constantly" is a fair way to describe it.

And this is of course still side stepping the entire issue of the aliens having hyper advanced technology that should prevent such crashes in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

People were constantly being abducted by aliens and having close encounters, including professionals and military, until the smartphone suddenly appeared on the scene

Until I see a single shred of verifiable evidence from just one of the thousands of recorded "encounters" its people making BS up and people (like Grusch) swallowing it

And this is from someone who is very interested in space and would dearly love any of it to be true

Would be great to know which of these encounters are considered to be valid or credible. Or how one would decide.

But alas we will never know since it seems the conspiracy theory code is to never disagree with other theorists directly and never answer direct questions.

In particular would love to know about the Italian UFO from the 30s that was spoken about under oath, yet is obviously false.

Is it valid even though it's laughably flimsy?

Is it invalid even though the UFO golden boy swore that it was a real one whole presenting his best cases?

Post edited by King Mob on

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

Uhu. You know, I'm no conspiracy theorist, I only believe in what i can prove today.

Fair play, that's a good stance to take. In that case, can you please provide your proof for the following:

1. There is a **** storm coming
    2. and the truth about all this BS is coming out.
    3. God.
    4. He controls time,
    5. all scams always and I mean always, fail.
    6. It connects to prophecies in the Bible.
    7. They are effectively anti-christs who are and were part of a mind control paedo ring.
    8. Mind control itself, while we're at it
    9. There is the worst imaginable scam currently playing out, and we're at the tail end of it.
    10. I can tell you with absolute certainty these things are real,
    11. there is a lot going on above our skies presently.
    12. Positive vibrations
    13. aura
    14. Negative vibrations will be history one day soon.

Cos that looks like a great big steaming pile of something that came out the back end of a horse. All of it. Rambling nonsense the entire post, to be honest. But if you have proof like you claim, maybe you can share it with the rest of the class, might help your case.

Only someone that takes a cursory glimpse at the UFO phenomena would believe its analgous to the fake moon landing or flat earth conspiracy theories.

How many government investigations have been announced into the latter two ?

I NEVER presumed to know the frequency of visitation (unlike others who somehow KNOW its zero) only to say that it could be happening and it could be happening to such a degree that by the laws of chance the odd one crashes or are brought down by the military or other.

If someone said "People should stop driving cars immediately, they are CONSTANTLY crashing." The statement though true is contrived and you would presumably roll your eyes and assume the moron was an alarmist or away with the fairies.

People were constantly being abducted by aliens and having close encounters, including professionals and military, until the smartphone suddenly appeared on the scene

Another rubbish stat. The numbers have not been affected by smart phone adoption. Similar to "Why does it only happen in America." It doesnt.

Do some research.

Post edited by celtic_oz on

Another rubbish stat

There have been a high number of cases, primarily in the US. Keyword: primarily (not exclusively). Mostly around the same time-frame that "aliens" were being depicted in popular fiction such as TV/movies. The close encounters and abductions have decreased considerably since e.g. the 60's/70's.

The advent of camera phones has also been blamed

Similar to "Why does it only happen in America."

Haven't come across anyone claiming it "only" happens in America. Cases and trends tend to show it predominantly happens in the US.

Do some research.

And there it is.

Tens or hundreds of thousands of people, including professionals, making claims of UFO sightings, abductions, close encounters but unable to produce one single shred of credible evidence over decades is approaching mathematical impossibility.

Every time a potential "alien spacecraft" has been filmed, it's always blurry or distorted or pixelated. Including "close encounters". Billions of good quality cameras, yet every piece of footage happens to be unclear. That's an extraordinary mathematical coincidence..

Is there anywhere else this incredible phenomena occurs? Ah, "ghosts". Vast numbers of claims, statements, stories, reports, ghost hunters, experts, "footage", photos over decades. Yet not a single piece of verifiable evidence.

It kind of deunks itself given enough time and cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

I gave Invasion a watch, the new series on Apple TV. It would make you want to be lifted off to space by a saucer it was that bad. If there are ET aliens out there and they catch wind of this, they'll probably decide to blow the planet up and I wouldn't blame them.

I see there's a God theory as well now in the thread, the same applies. If there is a God then he'll be aware of that show and is probably already getting the taps ready to flood the place.

Beverly Hills, California

And again, you are addressing "some people" but refuse to actually address any of their points directly and honestly. You are once again engaging in dishonest tactics and misrepresentation.

If your position was so well supported and rational, and "some people's" was so weak and moronic, then surely you shouldn't have to resort to such behaviour.

Again, no one is falling for this.

You cannot provide a rational explanation for why UFOs crash at such a high frequency as is being claimed. You refuse to address the contradiction of them having hyper advance magic technology that allows them to do anything, yet still crash.

These and other issues do not vanish just because you ignore them. Readers only see that you ignore them.

Every time a potential "alien spacecraft" has been filmed, it's always blurry or distorted or pixelated. Including "close encounters". Billions of good quality cameras, yet every piece of footage happens to be unclear. That's an extraordinary mathematical coincidence..

Compare this to the examples of the asteroid that over flew Russia a few years ago, or the explosion in Beirut. These were highly unlikely rare events that happened in moments, but there's tons of footage out there of them from multiple angles and in perfectly clear detail.

Yet, if alien visitations are as frequent as celticoz is is purporting they might be (possibly trillions of times)...

I never said I knew how many vistations there may have been, probably no-one knows this. I said "IF" there were trillions

You then said "why UFOs crash at such a high frequency"

I'm going to explain proportion to you. You seem to not understand how it works.

Lets assume there are 12 downed craft as that is what has been reported.

If there has been millions of visits then the correct description would be "Aliens visit all the time, they seldom crash"

If there has been 12 visits then the correct description would be "Aliens visit rarely, they crash frequently"

But we dont know the number of visits so its purely speculation. But you cant be that stupid and obviously know this so are just using dishonest tactics and misrepresentation.

Why King why?, it fools no one.

Like a broken record. Its annoying having to type this in every other page.

Everyone knows the pictures/videos/witness testimony available to the public are not conclusive. Though the weight of testimony is compelling (hours of video here). Reliable eye witness testimony is enough to convict in courts of law. Stop infering someone looked at a grainy photo and announced "aliens".

THIS is the conspiracy theory : There IS better evidence, it is being concealed.

One of the CENTRAL facts of the recent Senate hearing was that a man at the center of UFO investigations announced under oath that he believes there IS better evidence and it is being concealed, not to provide evidence there and then.

Remember until 2017 there was no formal government UFO investigations and there was no secret videos, all denied until subsequently called out in the New York Times article.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

OK, so maybe we are only aware of the ones which crash and there are loads of other visitations. So if we only know about the total insurance write off space craft crashes, how come we've not got evidence of the aliens who just have a minor scuff incident with earth and knock off their wing mirrors, or get a flat tyre and have a less serious crash?

Why do they only have catastrophic crashes with the earth? Where are the minor crashes, which should be far more numerous than the 12 major write offs you have claimed?

There is no credible evidence for 12 downed "craft", so that can't be assumed.

Remember until 2017 there was no formal government UFO investigations

Some quacks in Mexico just paraded the most hilariously fake "aliens" in front of their Congress, and it was taken fairly seriously. Something appearing to be formal doesn't automatically make it so.

Unfortunately people can be stupid and gullible. That includes some people higher up. And some people just want "want to believe" (increasingly looking that way with our friend Grusch from the DoD who appears to have been fed unsubstantiated stories which he wanted to believe)

If there have been 12 visits and 12 crashes, then I don't think "frequently" is a very accurate description.

"Constant" would be more accurate.

The issue you are not understanding is that if the number of visits is unknown or unknowable, then it is as equally possible that there are 12 visits as there are millions. Both ideas have as much evidence supporting them.

The difference is that a lower number is just more likely. This is because alien visitations from across the gulf of space is a rare event. Speculating that this is something that happens millions of times is a bit ridiculous. Also, if aliens were visiting millions of times, then the other issue we were pointing out and you ignored rears up again. Millions of visits would mean millions more opportunities for sightings and clear photo or video evidence. Which we don't see.

And this again side steps two other important issues about the crashes. 1. If the aliens have hyper advanced technology that can do anything including letting them travel interstellarly millions of times near perfectly, then it's a bit of a contradiction to believe that they would crash at any frequency.

And 2. There's no evidence that any such crash has occurred in the first place, and you refuse to identify which claims are actually valid.

The only one you've tangentially endorsed has been the one in Italy in the 1930s brought up in the senate hearing. You don't seem to want to talk about thay one for some reason.

I'm not using any dishonest tactics. You are. So this mirroring tactic doesn't really work.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

As stated. One of us is right, and the other is wrong. Right? Agreed. Patience, the wheels of justice turn very slowly. These things have a habit of breaking in the media, has it dawned on you that perhaps I know something and I have verified it before posting here? Time will prove one of us to be correct. You need to calm down, and why are you so invested and wound up about this? Take it or leave it, internet God I owe you nothing above what I posted.

But hey, maybe I should speak to my doctor about some form of medication for my mental illness, right!? I did mention paedos like to project, right? Absolute madness, the mind of a paedophile that is. Mind control is a perfect tool to assess madness, frequencies of energy (that determines intelligence). A paedo ring has been safeguarding this technology for far too long now. They are busted, and that is all.

I'll let time prove my words true, where will you be? Not here apologising I bet.

Tips hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

It's been fascinating, reading through the posts from gun to tape. And a lot of the discourse has changed, as Grusch, Fravor etc have come out and given testimony and the US Congress to some degree have gotten involved.

I keep very up to speed with all of the current "data" and the infamous Reddit post.

Maybe those minds who will be aware of what I'm going to mention can direct me to quotes or even hear-say, where current commentators/senators/podcasters mention the following, as in at all.

A. No mention at all of the SR-72.. or of the Aurora. Zero!! Like they don't even exist. How can we talk about tech from another "place" if we can't even speak about our own current real world capability. We can't.

B. No mention of Oumuamua. At all. Zero. Like it never happened.

It seems that new HD footage will make it's way out to the general public in the next month or so. It's been teased for a good six months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Do you find that talking like this has helped you get on in life?

• Advertisement

As stated. One of us is right, and the other is wrong. Right? Agreed.

Nope, not agreed. I don't know if I'm right, but then again, I'm not running around telling everyone I have all the answers. I do, however, see that you are full of ****. I suspected it and so gave you the opportunity to demonstrate your apparently messianic proof of God, the afterlife and pretty much everything. You have fallen at the first hurdle, as I also suspected.

These things have a habit of breaking in the media, has it dawned on you that perhaps I know something and I have verified it before posting here?

It did, that's why I asked you to share with the other boys and girls. You haven't verified anything though, you are cosplaying as someone who's in the know, yet demonstrating your lack of knowledge at every available turn. Also, what things? God? When has God ever broken anything in the media?

Time will prove one of us to be correct.

But you said that you can prove you're correct, did you not? That you yourself have this proof. Time to put up or shut up, why wait for time to make fools of us all?

You need to calm down, and why are you so invested and wound up about this? Take it or leave it, internet God I owe you nothing above what I posted.

I'm well calm, thankya very much. I'm also at a loss as to how one single reply to your outlandish and frankly ridiculous claims qualifies as being "invested" or "wound up" but hey, anything to deflect from the fact that you can't do what you said you'd do, eh?

But hey, maybe I should speak to my doctor about some form of medication for my mental illness, right!? I did mention paedos like to project, right? Absolute madness, the mind of a paedophile that is. Mind control is a perfect tool to assess madness, frequencies of energy (that determines intelligence). A paedo ring has been safeguarding this technology for far too long now. They are busted, and that is all.

Absolute quackery in the first degree. I never mentioned paedo's (your US spelling betrays a lot, actually) or projection or mental illness. You did. Why do you feel the need to protect yourself from such accusations, it's almost like you're projecting now..........

I'll let time prove my words true, where will you be? Not here apologising I bet.

Why don't YOU prove your words true, y'know, like you said you could? Is it because you can't? My money says yes. You're hiding behind a deliberately ill-defined time limit, acting like a smug so-and-so, and claiming the moral high ground. It's transparent as **** and only belies your own insecurities and lack of anything concrete to back up your crazy nonsense.

To summarise:

You only believe in things you can prove, and you can prove God exists (which implies everything in relation to God as we see him in the Judeo-Christian world is true, like walking on water, the one true God, resurrection etc is all also true and provable) and he's gonna unveil the truth about all this UFO BS at some yet-to-be-confirmed future date, even though there's a lot going on above our skies so it can't all be BS and this all connects to prophecies in the bible about mind-control paedo rings?

That's an awful lot to be asking others to take on your word alone. I mean, can you even point to the prophecies in the bible or are you pretending to know about that as well?

It seems that new HD footage will make it's way out to the general public in the next month or so. It's been teased for a good six months or so.

Why would they do this? Surely the first person with HD footage of actual extra-terrestrial life will become super famous and mean they have an opportunity to write their names into the annals of history? They will forever be known as the guy who pulled back the veil and uncovered the truth? What happens if someone else gets some footage and beats you to the punch? Why would you risk all that for a few months of being a pricktease? Isn't this the entire raison d'etre for a lot of these whackjobs? They'd pop a gasket trying to get their footage out there ASAP so they can become the Zapruder of UFOs and aliens, surely?

The only logical explanation is that it doesn't exist. So they're teasing it, like it does or insinuating it does so gullible idiots will lap this sh1t up. Congratulations.

I'll tell you what, though. You say this will come out in the next month or so, why not put your money where your mouth is then. I'll give you two months for any sort of new, clear, HD footage of Alien lifeforms or craft to emerge. 1st of January 2024. If something comes out before then, I'll donate €500 to a charity of your choice. If nothing comes out, you donate €50. Ten to one odds, time to put up or shut up.

Eh.. what.

Calm down Travis Bickle.

I only said what I have read, that there seems to be some massive tease about footage that's incoming. No one has to 'prove' anything to you. This is a conspiracy page!

There's no harm in people, speculating and chatting about stuff. Just because you fervently disagree, doesn't make you the arbitrator of what is right and wrong.

Put up or shut up. Listen to yourself and calm down. This was my first post on the topic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

This is a conspiracy page!

Might want to check on the definition of a conspiracy. It doesn't mean this is a fictional writing forum, even if that is all that gets submitted as theories

I wouldn't get too excited or hold my breath. I called out that Grusch and his witnesses a few months ago, that they wouldn't be able to provide any verifiable evidence. I don't think Grusch is deliberately lying, more misled by stories by believers.

As for the "HD footage", I'll call that one out to. That either a) no clear footage will be released or b) it will be more generic unidentified footage (in line with a lot of the pending stuff)

There does seem to be a lot of cherry picking of what Grusch initially said in his interview with Coulthart. Some of the way out there stuff, hasn't been picked up or carried. Vatican etc.

You seem to have misread my post. I was merely repeating what I had read..not my belief that there is some smoking gun footage. There is, undoubtedly footage, but is that footage of actual real craft that some dudes on planet Earth invented. Probably. Neat to speculate though.

My question was about actual real world tech. Stuff that exists but lays beyond the veil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I'm confused about the HD footage claim, what will a fuzzy blob look like in HD?

My thoughts, And 'they' quote it as being 4k footage, my apologies for saying HD, is that they will show 4K footage of their own tech.

Hence no mention of the son of Blackbird in all of these UAP discussions.

Interestingly enough, Ross Coulthart seems to want to bring more information to the table about the US shootdowns in Alaska that have mostly been attributed to being Chinese Spy Balloons.

• Advertisement

This will turn out to be another nothing burger, calling it now.

Once again, it's a circuit and a mini-industry, ex DOD people like Travis and Stratton make money and fame from it (Ancient Aliens, etc). It's a hamster wheel of an audience "wanting to believe" and a bunch of individuals feeding that demand.

Advertisement