Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

At least they don't have ads. My old adblocker is working again despite being disabled for Youtube.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

True.

I notice that I used to get self help books in those 3 for 2 kinds offers that you'd see in book shops. 1 novel, 1 non fiction, 1 self help book 😁😁😁 I might ask ChatGPT to consolidate all the self help knowledge it has into N bullet points later on today 😁😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I caught the woman at the deli counter fcuking me over a few pence . I had 2 trays. She weighed the 1st and put price on it . The 2nd one placed on top of the 1st . So I basically paid for tray no1 twice . And overpaid for tray no2.

there was no-one else at the counter, but some days it’s packed . Next time theres loads of site workers there i’ll pull her on it .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

We don't use alot of bread so it's kept in the freezer, defrosted as needed.

Took full pan out , opened it, removed 2 slices. As I'm returning it to freezer there's a clatter. Himself had obviously done the same but the opposite end, so pan still looked full.

I obviously held it from the "top" as I was returning it, all the bread escaped through the "arse" . 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭thomil

Why have glasses cleaning wipes all of a sudden become rarer than hen's teeth? I used to be able to get them at Lidl or Aldi, but now they're nowhere to be found...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I miss not being able to send txt messages to other ppl's txt no's from my computer screen.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Walking along a narrow street, headed to one of the handful of shops on it.

The guy in front of me pulled out his wallet and dropped a handful of papers from it, so he bent down to pick them up and I walked around him.

I turned into the shop I was headed to and he pushed passed me at the door as "he was only delayed by dropping his collection receipt and was there first"

Where to even start with the ta's on this.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

That Aldi no longer sell those curry chips and cheese and jalapeno chips, and that Lidl no longer sell those long burgers.

Eating them was as satisfying as getting a takeaway.

They have nothing comparable now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement

That loan sharks like ‘ everyday loans ‘ are allowed to advertise on tv . They claim to be a ‘debt consolidation’ loan . APR 99.9 % . You can borrow up to £15,000 . Disgusting . They might as well wear balaclavas and call to your house .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Do you work in the legal profession or finance ? 😉

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

We’ve all become accustomed to acres of unsolicited spam and begging letters in our email inboxes and folders but now i open the post box and close to a kilogram of unsolicited shitè… healthcare charities / businesses x2, help for the Ukraine x1, help for people in Africa build wells and housing x1, and there was a couple more that I didn’t pay any mind to…

a constant bombardment of unsolicited communications, everywhere trying to get you to give away your money …..it’s just getting unbelievably tedious… in your email, on TV, radio, internet sites and your fûcking postbox, nowhere is safe from them nowadays… very kindly, fûck off, stop sending / showing me your crap…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Need I say it?

Starting to get dark already 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

A charity rang me last week to agree to something over the phone. I.e. so they could claim tax back on my contributions for the next few years.

Could have been anyone, about me agreeing to anything.

I said send me a letter to sign and I will return it.

Still no sign of the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

TA #1: having to buy a new washing machine as the old one is broken

TA #2: delivery men arrive 90 minutes before the delivery window and while I’m still at work and tell me I’ll have to reschedule. Sorted that one eventually through a customer service hotline

TA #3: they get here but won’t install it as they would have to temporarily remove the dryer in order to switch out the washer and that’s not part of their contract. Even though I offered to sign a waiver for anything that might happen between disconnecting and reconnecting it

I’m just gonna hand wash my clothes from now on, less hassle than dealing with these ****s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It's a thing, known as revenge bedtime procrastination!

TA I’ve already had one set of callers but I was still on a work call so couldn’t answer

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Trick or treaters knocking on the door like the gardai conducting a drugs raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

An elderly neighbour, of my Dads asked my even more elderly Dad to collect her meds from the pharmacy, they use the same one and often see each other there after mass. She had a family thing to see to, yet she needed the meds asap, in a panic like , odd 😏.

my dad does the good deed, but turns out that the pharmacy gave one wrong medication…she goes over to my Dads in an aggressive panic “ well, they gave you the wrong xyz, did you not think of checking ? … “ in the most fûcking outrageously aggressive, rude & indignant and condescending way on his own doorstep ….considering a person who owes her jack shît, the opposite, he and my mother did her countless favours over the couple of years when her husband was sick and since her husband died…..

some cûnt, no he isn’t going to liaise with the pharmacist, he handed in the prescription as asked and collected what he was given..

always a highly strung, eccentric and quite testy auld wan but fück that…. It takes a lot to pîss that man off… but that’s been achieved…. I hope he waits for an apology before even issuing so much as a hello ….. she’ll probably be as nice as pie to the pharmacist who made the mistake… silly auld ungrateful cünt…. She’s getting worse with age by the sounds of it…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,912 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The rain sent the trick or treaters home an hour ago so I have loads of sweets left.

I am now eating said sweets. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

No good deed goes unpunished as the saying goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

What a big ignorant galoot. That would have driven me over the edge!

Very very trivial . But when you read a good post with , say . 4 thanks . You thank it also but instead of 5 thanks, it jumps to , say , 7

Strange.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Popped to Tesco for a treat. I was queuing for a self-checkout machine. A couple went to use one of the card only machines, scanned their stuff and then asked the staff if they could pay with cash. The machines clearly say that they're card only before you begin.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Stop it's so annoying. In the q they have to be told when a machine becomes free. They all just stand there. Sometimes I feel like I work in Tesco 🤔

I had been looking and searching the tv guide for Salem’s Lot . I accidentally found it , but it’s episode 2 .

The scariest thing I’ve ever watched. Though I did scare the shyte out of my brothers by sneaking out and tapping on the window 😷😷😷😷

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I had "the fear" of that programme since the 80's , granted I was only a child when I watched it first.

Watched it last year, with trepidation, it has not aged well.

The scenes that were once scary were laughable now.

I'd say if it was remade with modern special effects and not too much CGI it would pack a punch again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm not a jump horror person, I love that insidious building quiet tension type stuff. Space Odyssey comes to mind

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement