Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,071 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Thank you, I've somewhat gotten used to it over the last six years. Makes planning for Christmas a whole lot easier, at least...

Besides, they're probably sitting on a cloud, laughing their a**es off at the way things are going for me...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Working to 75 won't be compulsory, thread in CA about it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Nothing like a bit of gallows humour for a crappy Wednesday to be fair

My bank account begs to differ 😉 Point taken though.

My family's sense of humour has always been rather dark, so gallows humour is just par for the course...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's vital for me and some friends, death being a constant companion since I was young. Not sure I'm even bothered about dying whenever either..

I know the feeling, I'm the last one left of my family, so death has lost a bit of its bite for me. The whole thing that happened last year only reinforced that.

Having said that, I'd still love to see some more of this rock we call Earth before the time comes.

Now, for a bit more of a positive topic: What to do about dinner? 🤔

Time to take the dog for a walk (not mine), it's stopped raining and fireworks have died down. Then leave the rubbish bin out. Then see what state our electricity bill is in and whether we should switch and then win the lottery.

• I don’t know why no one’s told you but you’re actually not allowed to die. If you do Gordon is going to come out of retirement to ban you Grem!

🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch...felling rather good....I just got wordle in first attempt...and it called me a genius.......not used to getting told good things

Post edited by gifted on

• Advertisement

Laptopside here. Dinner was had, dishwasher is running, motivation has left the building...

Ok never dying is a terrifying thought altogether 😮🤯

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Not sure how that will work in an industry where we have to stop working at 65 as per international law.

There's the "option" to continue in lots of jobs and I foresee a lot of people may have to

Good Morning, everyone 🙂 Deskside in the office here, for the first time in over two weeks. Feels good to be back in the actual office

Out for a coffee to get out of the house.

It's much colder now than recently as luckily the colder air from the north has nudged the jet stream a bit lower with storm ciarán. I think we are going to get some "dryer" days which will be a change from that miserable rain we were seeing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Picked up my first adult lego set. Saw it last week so went back and got it. I also got some mindful colouring in Easons but they didn't have any dot to dots.

I'd love to get back into building some Lego, their ISS model in particular is extremely tempting, but I have pretty little shelf space as it is...

Deskside, debating with myself whether I should go for a new smartwatch now or not. My old one doesn't work with my new phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting here eating some Keoghs Cheese and Onion, very amused to find them around here.

Spotted them in Austria as well. And in a regular "Billa" supermarket, the local counterpart to the likes of SuperValu, at that. Could have just been that particular store though.

• Advertisement

Last shift, up to Sligo tomorrow to my best mates wife for some tears and beers most likely..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Relaxing after watching Jimmy Carr on tv

He is , by far imo, the best comic on the circuit atm , I’d love to go over and watch him live.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling here on the sofa, watching an episode of Star Trek TNG on the TV.

Look at all the different models of the starship Enterprise! 😁👍

Post edited by JupiterKid on

I'm not generally a mad stand up fan, I've a tendency to prefer panel shows like qi and 8/10 cats does countdown to enjoy the interaction but that said I'd happily go see him.

Hmm, post work telly or bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Bake off first!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

But Maaaaaaaaa 😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Advertisement