Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 23/24:season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maximus_1

Some Smart TVs yea but not LG. Its not in their app store hence looking at other options like Firestick. Don't have one so don't want forking out unless it'll work! So annoying it's gone from Sky Sports. Have it for two reasons only. Football and basketball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Not sure if anyone has a PS5 but the app is on that too (ie League Pass). Very high quality, just another option for some

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Bizarre end to regulation in the Chicago Toronto game, and overtime tbh. Some really dumb plays from Toronto, coupled with one very bad call.

Anyway, in other news……..Dwight Howard in the news again. I‘m not even going to comment on the substance of the allegations save to say I’m not exactly shocked, but as it seems usual with Howard, it’s once again not so much the acts themselves but more how he’s made it worse by being Dwight. Someone needs to take him aside and advise him - from legal and PR perspectives.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Like Dwight said himself, where he lays his wood is nobody's business but his... 😮 Bulls were so poxy to get that win, beaming for Caruso to nail that 3 and looks like Zach is waiting for All Star break to wake up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Doncic was crazy down the stretch last night and Wemby, good lord some of the plays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We're only 2 games in but I can't take much more of Chauncey Billups, the man is just not an NBA Head Coach.

Scoot hasn't played well so far but there's absolutely nothing being run for him, they're treating him like he's Dame and can do it all himself. I'm not sure I saw a single PnR between Scoot and Ayton across 2 games.

In the usual NBA Top 10 nonsense, that play was 10. That pass is just insane.

I’m not disagreeing with you and I didn’t go into the details. My comment on Dwight is he always seems to make things worse for himself.

• Advertisement

Both had ridiculously skilled plays.

I saw a Tik Tok earlier of Wemby doing defensive drills and my God he’s so long. The wing span is enormous.

Then I saw another of him doing flexibility work. His leg/hamstring flexibility is off the charts.

He can also practically do the splits. At his height. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Then I read he’s added an inch to his waistline since joining San Antonio. It’s now up to 29 inches. That’s not a typo. Imagine being that tall with a 29 inch waist?????

Again NBA Top 10 plays nonsense. Caruso not only made the 3, he had a big time strip of Siakam to start the play, so they should have included that in the sequence. So he has a defensive stop and a game winner in the same sequence. So play of the night, right?

No. Let’s give it to a slightly better than average Top 10 dunk instead.

🙄

Man, give me those Caruso hustle plays over fast break dunks any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Gordon and Jokic are too physically strong for okc so far.

MVP looks to be getting some well earned rest instead of playing in their home opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Just saw plans for the NBA's in season tournament.

You do wonder how people stupid enough to think this is a good idea have risen so high in such a big organisation as the NBA.

Who the hell cares who wins a nonsensical mid season non-event.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I’ll probably reserve judgment until after it plays out, I do get the theory behind it and in my opinion it’s not the worst idea in the world, obviously there are too many regular season games as it is but the format doesn’t disrupt the season as badly as I thought it would.

The fear that it’s not taken seriously is definitely a concern but there good incentives for players there and hopefully teams and players will want to win, these things have to start somewhere. It’s interesting in my opinion, Iam not smart enough to call it stupid this early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

It's too easy to qualify for the playoffs/play-in that is the problem with the NBA regular season.But without there being Relegation or European places on offer like in European soccer leagues it means they have to make it that easy to give teams something play for and unlike NHL and NFL you can give a half hearted effort in basketball and get away with it (you do that in hockey or gridiron and you get badly injured). It is what it is they'd be better off to just stop talking about the issue and accept that the NBA regular season is essentially an extended warm up event for the playoffs , I honestly think there is very little they can do to fix the issue.The play-in game has made some difference as there is now a real incentive to finish in the top 6 of the conference as opposed to top 8 but I'm not sure what more can be done.

Madness from the Clippers. Chemistry is bad enough as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Maxey has shown flashes of being able to replace him. I doubt the Sixers will miss him.

Batum is nice pick up for them.

• Advertisement

I like this move from LA, I'm not sure it's smart but if you're going to go all in then you better go ALL IN and a Kawhi/PG/Harden trio is about as all in as it gets. They'll be a fun team to watch when all 3 play and a fun team to keep an eye on for drama when things inevitably start to fall apart.

If you think the tournament is stupid, wait until you see the tv ad promoting it…..

Harden? Honestly couldn’t give a f about him and his BS.

Toronto look really bad.

Losing last night to Portland who were on the second night of a road back-to-back, while missing their best scorer (Simons) and their best defender (Williams). Game up a career high in rebounds to Ayton. They really needed to commit to a direction heading into this season, right now they just look aimless.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Toronto offense is a mess. Can't seem to decide if its Barnes, Siakam or Schröder running plays and the attack ends up crumbling while they are tryna figure it out.

I only noticed today that Lavigne went for 51 the other night. Meaningless though as they lost convincingly to Detroit.

Bulls seem to be a real mess this year, they’re 1-2 but should really be 0-3 as the Toronto loss shouldn’t have happened. Even the NBA ref report admits there were two incorrect calls in the Bulls favour in the closing plays of regulation.

Just watching the San Antonio Phoenix extended highlights from last night. San Antonio trailed for 47 minutes and 58.8 seconds, and won.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Titanic contest in LA, huge games from LeBron, Kawhi and George. Clippers will be hard to beat once Harden works in to the mix imo.

Clippers will win absolutely **** all, chemistry was rotten and just got worse with Harden

Please don't have me defend my useless Bulls but Toronto were f*cking useless and deserved to lose to a useless Bulls team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Dude, it’s actually sad that the Clippers made this trade but if any team was goi g to do it then it’s them, what’s the point in even talking about Harden now, it’s such a broken record, it really blows my mind that he is seen as valuable, just don’t get it, as sad as it sounds, I feel bad for Westbrook now….lol

Advertisement